Trident from Latitude 64°

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Trident from Latitude 64°

Postby RoomTenONine » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:02 pm

Latitude 64 wrote:
Check out the image on the Vision chameleon at the bottom right of this page: http://www.discsport.se/shopping/index.php?marke=8

Gotta love international translation faux pas!

LOL, that was funny! :D Slut... means, out of stock

I´ve read this thread and will comment later this week about Trident.

Today I can tell you that it is much slower than the Striker. It´s like an old working horse, reliable and probably a good friend for a long time. (if you like it).

/Tomas, Latitude 64°

I've gotta use that one at some point. Wife says, "Why didn't you bring home those apples I asked you to pick up?" I respond, "Slut!" See how far that gets me. :shock:

I'm looking forward to your detailed comments. From what you describe it does sound like this could be the answer to everyone's premium gazelle dreams.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby zj1002 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:03 pm

RoomTenONine wrote:
Latitude 64 wrote:
Check out the image on the Vision chameleon at the bottom right of this page: http://www.discsport.se/shopping/index.php?marke=8

Gotta love international translation faux pas!

LOL, that was funny! :D Slut... means, out of stock

I´ve read this thread and will comment later this week about Trident.

Today I can tell you that it is much slower than the Striker. It´s like an old working horse, reliable and probably a good friend for a long time. (if you like it).

/Tomas, Latitude 64°

I've gotta use that one at some point. Wife says, "Why didn't you bring home those apples I asked you to pick up?" I respond, "Slut!" See how far that gets me. :shock:

I'm looking forward to your detailed comments. From what you describe it does sound like this could be the answer to everyone's premium gazelle dreams.

striker hype 2.0 inc
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby keltik » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:55 pm

koyok23 wrote:striker hype 2.0 inc

have you thrown anything by Lat64 that you didn't like?......my experience is limited but so far it's all green to me
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:02 pm

keltik wrote:

have you thrown anything by Lat64 that you didn't like?......my experience is limited but so far it's all green to me

not a huge vision fan, the Riot slips out of my hand 90% of the time,Spike is too fast for a putter
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby keltik » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
keltik wrote:

not a huge vision fan, the Riot slips out of my hand 90% of the time,Spike is too fast for a putter

i stand corrected
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:07 pm

the XXX and Striker are the bees knees though
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby zj1002 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:27 pm

keltik wrote:

yeah striker and xxx are nice discs

but these forums did hype the striker way to much compared to the XXX, and that is all I was pointing out.

I had the striker in my bag for a month or so and the only shots I found myself using it on were big hyzer lines. it glides so well and holds its speeds around the turn better than any disc I have every thrown. However since I was only using it a few times a round, if at all, I took it out of the bag and traded them away. The starfire has taken over the slot the striker held, plus I can put a lot more distance on the starfire. the striker was also an amazing skipper. good discs but nothing worth keeping in the bag....for now.

the trident is def a disc I am going to try, it sounds really useful
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Banzai » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:31 pm

RoomTenONine wrote: From what you describe it does sound like this could be the answer to everyone's premium gazelle dreams.

I think the ESP Cyclone is the answer to everyone's premium Gazelle dreams. But I'm curious about the Trident too.
ridge | roc | river | pd
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:49 pm

koyok23 wrote:
I had the striker in my bag for a month or so and the only shots I found myself using it on were big hyzer lines. it glides so well and holds its speeds around the turn better than any disc I have every thrown. However since I was only using it a few times a round, if at all, I took it out of the bag and traded them away. The starfire has taken over the slot the striker held, plus I can put a lot more distance on the starfire. the striker was also an amazing skipper. good discs but nothing worth keeping in the bag....for now.

this is pretty much exactly how I feel about the striker except I use the SOLF instead of the starfire
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby RoomTenONine » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:29 am

Banzai wrote:
RoomTenONine wrote: From what you describe it does sound like this could be the answer to everyone's premium gazelle dreams.

I think the ESP Cyclone is the answer to everyone's premium Gazelle dreams. But I'm curious about the Trident too.

Cyclone is close, but it isn't exactly the same. I never liked the feel in the hand. I also don't dig the ESP. However, I shouldn't knock the combo until I've tried it. I've only used a cyclone in Z.

Errr, I just saw the ESP Cyclone thread. I'll give it a go.
Last edited by RoomTenONine on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Postby RoomTenONine » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:35 am

koyok23 wrote:
keltik wrote:

yeah striker and xxx are nice discs

but these forums did hype the striker way to much compared to the XXX, and that is all I was pointing out.

the trident is def a disc I am going to try, it sounds really useful

I agree koyok. The striker was insanely hyped here. Granted it is a disc worthy of hype and also a company who is really listening to the public, making useful discs, great plastic and not complicating things. (kind of what Millennium is supposed to be like) So I think they deserve our praises for sure, but I don't use my striker as much as I'd like or as much as I'd have thought given the hype. My OLF or gazelle cover most of my fade shots, so the striker really is an "inbetweener".

Honestly I'm more excited about the Trident than anything else I've seen from Lat64, for already stated reasons. That said, I don't think anyone is over-hyping it here yet...although if it is gazelle-like I'm sure it will happen.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Postby dgdave » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:44 am

I'm gonna give the Trident a go (no suprise here) this is the discs I was excited about when the XXX and Striker came out.

I want to get another striker as well. I never really gave it a shot. I used it for about 2 weeks, but just took it as a nice discs and went on my way.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:23 am

Frank_Delicious wrote:
koyok23 wrote:

this is pretty much exactly how I feel about the striker except I use the SOLF instead of the starfire

That's interesting to me that you guys feel that way, that is really the last thing I'd use my Striker for. Its actually replaced my Teebird in the bag, though I still carry the Teebird but I rarely reach for it. When ever I come across a hole shorter than 400' but longer than 300' the striker is the disc I reach for, it just goes where you tell it.

Thought of opto Gazelle makes me hot in the pants though :D
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby zj1002 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:18 am

Jeronimo wrote:
Frank_Delicious wrote:
koyok23 wrote:

That's interesting to me that you guys feel that way, that is really the last thing I'd use my Striker for. Its actually replaced my Teebird in the bag, though I still carry the Teebird but I rarely reach for it. When ever I come across a hole shorter than 400' but longer than 300' the striker is the disc I reach for, it just goes where you tell it.

well the striker is a tweener disc for me. I can put an orc a tad over 400 and I can put a teebird 350-360. I had no need for a 375-400 disc because I could always use the teebird or just power down on the orc/SF
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:32 am

Jeronimo wrote:
Frank_Delicious wrote:
koyok23 wrote:

The Striker kinda replaced my eagles on a few shots and kinda replaced my SOLFs but didn't really replace either of them fully. The eagle fights the wind better, flicks better and overhand better for me so the only time I would throw the striker was for a few extended hyzer shots or some dead straight shots in the 350 range. The orion is a little longer than the striker for me and is like a longer eagle for me, which I like because I can throw it like an eagle but get an extra 30+ ft out of it and pretty much as long as I have eagles in the bag I will have Orions.

I like the striker and still have some and am still messing with it but it really hasn't done anything to kick my Eagles or my Orions out of the bag.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment