new discs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

new discs

Postby redspexxx » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:38 pm

the innova max: speed 11, more stable than a teerex.
the star skeeter. i took my dx out the other day. it reminds me a lot of a stratus, with more dome. i really cant wait for star skeeter.
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby zealot » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:28 pm

star skeeter for sure man

the dx one is the NUTS if its not real windy. skeeter/roc is a great combo and i'd love to have a star skeeter
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

innova discs

Postby twmccoy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:40 pm

Looks like the speed 11 drivers are now a mainstay for innova. Now if they'd just make one thats a bit flippier than a wraith.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Re: innova discs

Postby adamschneider » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:20 am

twmccoy wrote:Looks like the speed 11 drivers are now a mainstay for innova. Now if they'd just make one thats a bit flippier than a wraith.

Try a 150g DX Wraith. Mine's as flippy as a Sidewinder.
adamschneider
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 164g Halo

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:47 am

lock-off wrote:star skeeter for sure man

the dx one is the NUTS if its not real windy. skeeter/roc is a great combo and i'd love to have a star skeeter

star skeeter wont fly like a dx skeeter just like every other star disc. so what does the skeeter fly like anyways? lol, I am so turned off by the name and stamp. oh that and the world dosnt need anymore understable mids deemed straight because they are capable of a straight flight...
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby some call me...tim? » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:11 am

I'm eager to take a look at a star skeeter myself. I got a dx skeeter when they first came out and immediately liked it--kind of a domey classic roc feel. The thing was great at holding whatever line I threw it on, and I was talking it up to my friend yesterday. Well, I guess I've smacked one tree too many b/c the thing has gone flippy as hell on me now. Tried throwing a couple dinky little sidearm hyzer approach shots ~50 ft. with no oomph at all and the thing would hold the line at first and suddenly look like someone tilted it the other way, flip over and tail off to the left. I guess in the skeeter's defense, it DID fly pretty straight after flipping over, just in the wrong direction. Needless to say, my friend was having a good time laughing about my "super reliable" skeeter. Bring on some durable plastic, I say!
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby redspexxx » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:45 am

the only thing i wish the skeeter could have is more low speed fade, hopefully the star plastic will give it that.
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:41 am

timbuktwhom wrote:I've smacked one tree too many b/c the thing has gone flippy as hell on me now.

Thats the problem with discs that are understable out of the box is it dosnt take much for them to get flippy. They have a short lifespan and are useless broken in. Im sure it has a great flight, and would definately throw one if some said "here try this out" but I would have low expectations. Im afraid the star plastic will probably make the skeeter a different disc.
What do people like about the skeeter, its slow, straight, and accurate/controlable. the star plastic will make it alittle faster, and more stable which might make it straighter, but a less controlable flight. (may just be me, but when it comes to versitle discs, or discs that are made to be accurate premium plastics are not the best way to go)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby zealot » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:48 am

more low speed faed = fine with me!
more glide = fine with me! (then this disc will be NO effort for short approaches)

i have 2 dx skeeters and ive drille dmy fair shair of trees with no problems. i do find that this disc flips flat so for sidearm i woulnd recommend it unless you are goin to release slightly hyzer. i had the same problem with it fanning left and then straightening out.

reason i like this disc is its the most accurate with insane glide (and comes out of my hand way better than a coyote)

and hell no this wont replace a roc,,,, its the 2nd half of my midrange :D
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby zealot » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:50 am

" and would definately throw one if some said "here try this out" but I would have low expectations. " .... thats killin it before you tried it. a ton of this game is mental, if you told someone you had the longest driver, like the inferno, they might just believe they threw their max d easier but in reality they're all excited about that disc. same thing goes the other way. dont mark somethin off until you tried it and keep an open mind. im a new player but ive thrown a ton of discs and the skeeter is in my bag.

acetone will take that stamp off too :D

anyone find any neon pink ones at `174 or 175g?
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:56 am

It will have less glide in star.

and as far as trying it, I have probably thrown just about every disc compared to it, and have plenty of reason to have low expectations for it. That and one of the purposes of this site is so you can compare and find out wether discs will fit your game or not without throwing every disc there is.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:28 pm

A domey Classic Roc without a bead?

Sounds like an Aviar.

For max glide I would recommend an X-Challenger.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:31 pm

x challenger = good choice, S wizard med broken in=excelent choice ;-), I could learn to throw a x Challenger before I could learn to replace my pred with a spirit ;-)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:59 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:x challenger = good choice, S wizard med broken in=excelent choice ;-), I could learn to throw a x Challenger before I could learn to replace my pred with a spirit ;-)

You guys are gonna slap me but I do not see all the fuss about the Wizard. I like the heavy X Challenger much better, and the DX Aviar is simply superior if not too beat.

The KC Pro Aviar is irreplaceable for a long putter driver. The Wizard cannot touch it for wind performance.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 pm

what do you use the DX avair for? just putting? and if you use the avair-x for drives, what do you use the X challenger for?
The wizard has more glide than any of those other than the P&A, but the P&A is not a very good long approach disc. I like the wizard over the challegner because the wiz has a higher resistance to turn, and alittle less bite at the end.
avair-X is easier to throw into the wind, but I dont have any problem throwing a Wiz in the wind either.
If youve honestly given them all an equal chance, then I am sure you already picked what works best for your game :wink:
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Return to Equipment