Element-X

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Element-X

Postby KRooster » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:19 pm

So I finally got a chance to try the Element-X. All I can say after a few rounds switching off between that and a Roc every few holes is:

1) DAMN it feels good in my hand. The Roc never felt right... my hands are pretty small, not sure if that has anything to do with it, but holding a Roc never feels good to me. Even when I know my grip is right, it feels so awkward.

2) I've heard it called similar to a beat Roc, I can't distinguish its flight from a Roc. Maybe the difference is too suble from my limited experience.

3) It's hard to tell, but I get the impression it doesn't fly quite as far as my Roc.

Has anyone else noticed a Roc being slightly longer? That's what Blake's flight chart says, but I figured most of the midranges were very similar distancewise. I don't THINK I'm going to switch back to the Roc since I'm more consistent with the Element-X (probably just mental since the grip feels better), but before I make the decision to just ditch my Rocs I'd like to hear what other people think about both discs' distance potentials.
KRooster
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby superq » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:07 am

I was throwing a Z Buzz when I switched to element X. I noticed that the element X is a little more low speed overstable than either of the others but in the long run I can throw the X further. I think it is becuase I had to concentrate so much on getting the Buzz / Roc flat and crisp and with good flat follow through. with the X I can throw flat with almost a turnover follow through and the disc flips flat and cruises. I definatly feel like I can throw the X a lot harder than either of the others and for me that is a good thing.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby Timko » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:30 pm

Actually, I find the distances very similar. The big difference to me is the height and/or strength it takes to get each disc out there. The roc is a bit slower, so I've got to get it up in the air/throw it much harder to get it to work the same line as the roc. My SELX is pretty similar to my KC Roc. However, my EELX is much less stable than my champ/star rocs will ever get. For me, the ELX is the perfect combination of speed, accuracy, and dependable low-speed fade.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby kvanorsdel » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:43 pm

I love my SELX although I have lost two of them this season. They just keep flying some days :shock: I currently have a 177 S in my bag and a 180 E I have just started throwing the E and like it but not as much as the S. I used to throw a Z buzzz but the SELX booted it out of the bag.
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

Postby superq » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:45 pm

and see for me the Selx I have thrown have all been the proto glow ones and I found them to be about like an ontario roc when they are new,,,

In addition all (read every freekin one of them) the EELX I throw are red transparent. I have messed with other colors but seems to me those red ones are just freeking meat sticks and I can over tourque them and still fly straight and fade left at the end.

RED E ELEMENT X FOR PRESIDENT.
superq
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:11 pm

The domey EELX's that I've got (they're clear) are mad overstable. In fact, it seems most of the transpearent EELX's are quite overstable. I've got a VERY nice red opaque one that I can slightly flip out of a hyzer that just flies for miles, with a slight fade at the end.
Are these SELX's that are like the ontario rocs new or beat in? Because that's a disc I'd LOVE in the bag.
Timko

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:11 pm

the clear ones are similar to a heavy Z wasp, very overstable, its the evo proline ones (opaque) that are amazing premium plastic mids.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby superq » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:40 am

the S plastic element X are the ones I compare to a new ontario roc, maybe just a touch faster but the line is eerily simular.
superq
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:58 am

I haven't thrown the 1 SELX I have because it's the color of leaves, but I've been thinking about aquiring another one in white or something. Does gateway have any bright S plastic? Aside from white, all the S discs I have are the colors of Autumn.
Timko

Postby KRooster » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:23 am

I have a bright blue, bright orange, and white S Wizard. Also have a white S ELX. Though I guess the bright orange could blend in with leaves, but it's really really bright so probably not. I specifically requested bright colors when I ordered them.

White is by far my favorite color, easiest to spot on dirt or in the grass or in a forest.

I once had a dark green Valk, that drove me INSANE but it was the only one I had at the time that was the right weight for me.

I really don't understand why innova, gateway, etc. make dark colored discs. Maybe it's because they want us to lose them so we have to buy more :)
KRooster
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:50 am

Black discs are like pink discs, that they fly further because theyre harder to see. (pink discs just fly better because theyre pink)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Toomes » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:27 am

I just got an E-ElementX and I like it quite a bit, but the one thing that bothers me is E plastic for ElementX is stiffer and more domey than both of the E-Elements that I have. I prefer the gummy, flat top feel of the Elements. Are all E-ElementX's stiffer than the E-Elements?
Toomes
Tree Magnet

Postby kvanorsdel » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:41 am

I've got a gummy Organge EELX that I'm learning and love it. NEarly got a skip ace today with it
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:11 pm

most of them are probably like your Element, The domey (probably clear) ones are piggish overstable, the opaque ones are grippier and flatter.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Jwt4412 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:35 pm

I have a bright yellow Element-X in S plastic for sale... it has a red stamp. Very Flat top...
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Next

Return to Equipment