Talking bout stalking (stalkers post here)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Talking bout stalking (stalkers post here)

Postby money 21 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:12 am

I think the champ Gremlins pair really well with the stalker.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby himynameismatt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:03 am

Have had beautiful weather lately up in Oregon, haven't been posting here much, but this topic certainly has piqued my interest. The Stalker finds its way in and out of my bag a few times a year, but I think this time its stuck for good, here's why...

It truly is a specialty disc, the Stalker is simply meant to be thrown as an extension to the Buzzz. At my power level I throw my Buzzz's on 10-15ft high line drives out to 350' or so, I can push a Buzzz to 400' but it requires so much air and movement it's just not an effective golf shot for me when I can easily disc up to a PD and throw that same 10'-15' line drive out to 420'

Naturally because it's a specialty disc it ends up filling a very small and very distinct role in my bag a straight-flyer in the 350'-360' I don't think there's another disc to even compare it to it's a true hybrid. It pairs the HSS of a more stable driver, with the LSS of a neutral flying midrange.

When you compare it to TB's, P-PD's, and Eagle X's they all fade much more than a Stalker. A seasoned TB is probably the closest but at that point you won't have Stalker-like HSS. Eagle-L's, The Leo, FD don't have the same HSS while being close in terms of LSS.

I suggest everyone that's overlooked the Stalker at some point, like myself, revisit the mold use it to extend their distance on midrange type shots, as opposed to working it on a variety of of fairway lines. As long as you're throwing The Stalker in the right situations it really shines.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby Codester101 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Whats the consensus on the Ti Stalkers? I'm finding my light blue 168 to be noticeably more lss than my z. I kinda like the long forward fade it has.
Codester101
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The one I can find.

Postby JR » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:29 am

I just saw your D in another thread and you have a little more than i do. I have a roughly similar weight good flat topped Z shaped like Stalker that is about Glo Z LSS. That is the fading kind wind beating kind. But possibly with a hair more HSS than the Glo Z that trumps the Z in winds. The Ti is great for high power shots. Powered down the fade can't be avoided so it is a good disc when the fade is needed. I have heard that there are less beefy Tis out there. I like mine as it is.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Codester101 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:16 am

I have a glo z that is not as stable as usual, I like the way it pairs with my Ti, The glo just goes straight, pretty much until it lands. I tend to use it in the 300-350 ft range. I get the Ti similar distances, but I release it flat and aim a good 90 feet right of the basket. The curve it goes through is beautiful :) Room for both in my bag, but eh, I'm not as picky as I should be. I love the look of the Ti plastic too.
Codester101
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The one I can find.

Previous

Return to Equipment