The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Postby JR » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:14 am

The only thing that could math it eventually that i can think of is a broken in Wasp. Most straightish mids are thinner than the Roc. That is if an Obex/Ibex feels too thin or does not fly like you want them to.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 am

The store had 3 flat ones and over a dozen domey ones. I got a flat one 180 dark purple. I have always had good and bad periods getting Rocs to release cleanly so i don't know if it is me or the stiff winds but i needed initial hyzer on it to flip to flat. Underpowered. Otherwise it flew like a Roc. Slow changes to hyzer angle, slow flight not too long vs other mids and a moderate fade. Less than new DX Ranchos. Less HSS than the new DX Rancho has. Probably not by a much because in these kind of winds most Rocs have turned for me. The wing feels pretty + shaped. I did not have slipping issues despite it with rubber cement boosted gloves that gave me the best grip in the winter ever. I have a Sanny 20 year anniversary Star Roc that either is as or more HSS or releases more cleanly. With regular rim so only the flatter top seems like an advantage now. The Roc3 did not flip in a lull at 210-220'. I'd like to know how well it fares under full power in calm weather to see about the HSS and ease of releasing cleanly.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby turso » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:20 am

I can gun the flat max weights into downhill and not flip em, but they hold angles superbly as well. Loving the disc, having some consistency problems with release, but that's mostly because of winter. I just hope they keep making the nice Champ plastic instead of just reverting back to the old after a while.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby tnvol » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Big ROC fan here. I have 2 in my bag and 2 standing by..
tnvol
Noob

Postby dgdave » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 pm

I hear the jolly rancher roc4 will be even better
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:59 pm

It' supposed to be a lot less windy today so maybe i can get a more accurate read the footing is not there though.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:14 pm

dgdave wrote:I hear the jolly rancher roc4 will be even better

Please elaborate. :D Less stable than a roc3? How are those roc3's BTW? Plastic looks sexy....
Challengers-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-Wraiths-Destroyers
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby JR » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:36 am

I could not and cannot get the second session in until next week so i don't know other than generally the Roc3 is a Roc. With a plus mold. The fade is pretty normal for a broken in DX, new R-Pro or new 20 year anniversary. I generally flip Rocs in the wind and did this one too.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Torg » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:17 am

I have two roc3s regular production and one first run. They are all flat and super over stable for me. I throw dx rocs normally but these are nothing like them. One might make my bag for the over stable slot and I will hope that in a few years it will be like a normal roc. It baffles me to think that some of them are flippy.
Torg
Tree Magnet

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:50 pm

I threw a 171g Cherry Red Roc3 today and it flew like a new heavier DX (178-80.) The plastic felt awesome and was nice n grippy like old champ plastic. Made me wish I could buy sum now :(
Challengers-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-Wraiths-Destroyers
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby JR » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:20 am

Jalle Stoor rated 1010 i think told me that he had a few FRs and some did not turn and some did at high power and wind. An he tosses faaar.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby turso » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Could it be the shitty flash removing job on the outer rim that's affecting the flight? I've been wondering about that, the PLH is identical on each of my FR's and the prod runs, but the nose skinning job is horrendous.

turso

Postby JR » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:25 am

Changes in shape can bring about changes in flight. Very small flash on the bottom of a disc can make huge differences to the flight of discs in some molds TL is a great example with some starting out more OS than TBs breaking into flippy understable discs.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby turso » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:02 am

Check yours as well, both my FRs and my McBeths have been skinned on the nose with generosity and very unevenly.

turso

Postby LuckyEagle405 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:55 pm

I'm sure it's been discussed but the search bar isn't working for me. What difference does the type of plastic make with rocs. I'm about to get my first one and can't pick
Grip it and Rip it
LuckyEagle405
Noob

Favorite Disc: Truth

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment