The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Postby TOURNEYPLAYER » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:08 pm

just let me know. got paypal ready.
TOURNEYPLAYER
I bugged Frank for a rank and got this as my rank. WOOOO Frank rules!

Favorite Disc: ZONE BITCHES

Postby kern9787 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:26 pm

So yeah... those times that you take the roc out of your bag for extended periods of time, because you like other discs. Then go back to the roc and realize it was more awesome the entire time. Yeah.

Except the fuse stays.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby dgdave » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:33 pm

I did that for all of 09 and went 100% comets. That said, rocs are in, comets are out.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby warobert » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah, comets are some awesome sauce and all but you need something (rocs) to put that sauce on.
Mark Ellis wrote:Myth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid.

Truth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid left-handed.
warobert
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: teebird

Postby rooneytunes » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Re: Re: The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Postby victorb » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:14 pm

dgdave wrote:I did that for all of 09 and went 100% comets. That said, rocs are in, comets are out.

Yep, same here. Still love comets, but rocs are working better for me again.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby cody22 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:45 am

After reading 50+ pages on the Roc, I went and picked up a blue DX Roc 168 and WOW!!! This is the straightest flying, most consistent, best feeling disc I have ever thrown... It covers all your bases... Drive 200ft+, Approach 150ft+, and I even Putt with it 75ft+... It is absolutely brilliant, I am waiting to get it beat a bit more to see what everyone is talking about... Anyone have a suggestion on my next Roc to buy???

I am still pretty amature, but this was a game changer!
Cody

I am definitely a noobie, but I have been playing for about 4 years off&on, but have been hooked over the last 3 months! Any Suggestions on disc are welcome, but I am still learning to throw so nothing too advanced.

Current Bag:Champion Valkyrie, Champion Monarch, DX Teebird, DX Wraith, New DX Roc, Z Buzz, Omega SS, New DX Aviar
, DX Birdie
cody22
Noob

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby dgdave » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:33 am

Buy a couple more just like that one so you can cycle them when they beat in and get a KC around 175 for more overstable shots.
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby cody22 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:39 am

dgdave wrote:Buy a couple more just like that one so you can cycle them when they beat in and get a KC around 175 for more overstable shots.

Thanks for the suggestion... I'm definitely going to get a cycle going. Should I get all the exact same weights for the cycle?

As far as the KC goes, do you think there is a big difference in which run I pick up(11x,12x,ect.) or just grab whatever I find?

Thanks again for the advice!
Cody

I am definitely a noobie, but I have been playing for about 4 years off&on, but have been hooked over the last 3 months! Any Suggestions on disc are welcome, but I am still learning to throw so nothing too advanced.

Current Bag:Champion Valkyrie, Champion Monarch, DX Teebird, DX Wraith, New DX Roc, Z Buzz, Omega SS, New DX Aviar
, DX Birdie
cody22
Noob

Postby Jewdy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:05 am

I have been cycling Rocs for a while and threw my perfectly seasoned, slightly understable glow dx roc into a lake. I have a gaping midrange hole now. I brought out of retirement an older dx roc but it is too understable to handle any wind or power. Does anybody have a recommended mold that could fill that slot while I beat a roc? I was thinking about a Auroura MS or Fuse. Also, the only C-md2 I have ever thrown was slightly understable but I understand that is not usually the case.
Crank-Destroyers-Patriot-Rival-Firebird-Comets-Fugitive-Zone-Wizards
Jewdy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby uNicedmeMan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:49 am

I used to use a dx ontario in times of no beat rocs. I've also had success with makos and meteors.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby dgdave » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:49 am

Don't worry about older stuff. Get what you can find now and feels good. If you really like the one you have, he mor just like it and then you won't have to worry about finding more down the road. I just get what feels good.

The new KCs are just fine.
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby cody22 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:25 am

dgdave wrote:Don't worry about older stuff. Get what you can find now and feels good. If you really like the one you have, he mor just like it and then you won't have to worry about finding more down the road. I just get what feels good.

The new KCs are just fine.

Thanks a lot Dave, I appreciate the help!
Cody

, DX Birdie
cody22
Noob

Postby inthedrift » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:02 am

Jewdy wrote:I have been cycling Rocs for a while and threw my perfectly seasoned, slightly understable glow dx roc into a lake. I have a gaping midrange hole now. I brought out of retirement an older dx roc but it is too understable to handle any wind or power. Does anybody have a recommended mold that could fill that slot while I beat a roc? I was thinking about a Auroura MS or Fuse. Also, the only C-md2 I have ever thrown was slightly understable but I understand that is not usually the case.

I used to cycle Rocs myself and now throw the Fuse. I think it's one of the closest discs to a worn Roc that I've thrown. I have considered going back to the Roc rotation and if I do I will fill the worn Roc spot with a Fuse until I wear another in. I've broken both of my worn Rocs which is how I ended up with the premium plastic midrange setup I currently use.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:17 pm

cody22 wrote:It covers all your bases... Drive 200ft+, Approach 150ft+, and I even Putt with it 75ft+... It is absolutely brilliant, I am waiting to get it beat a bit more to see what everyone is talking about...
Just wait until you can get it to over 300', it gets even better.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment