The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Postby Jewdy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:52 pm

inthedrift wrote:
Jewdy wrote:I have been cycling Rocs for a while and threw my perfectly seasoned, slightly understable glow dx roc into a lake. I have a gaping midrange hole now. I brought out of retirement an older dx roc but it is too understable to handle any wind or power. Does anybody have a recommended mold that could fill that slot while I beat a roc? I was thinking about a Auroura MS or Fuse. Also, the only C-md2 I have ever thrown was slightly understable but I understand that is not usually the case.

I used to cycle Rocs myself and now throw the Fuse. I think it's one of the closest discs to a worn Roc that I've thrown. I have considered going back to the Roc rotation and if I do I will fill the worn Roc spot with a Fuse until I wear another in. I've broken both of my worn Rocs which is how I ended up with the premium plastic midrange setup I currently use.

This latest mess has got me thinking about going to some premium plastic mids myself. I have a little crush on sparkle aftershocks at the moment but still carry a few rocs. What is your mid lineup now post roc?
Crank-Destroyers-Patriot-Rival-Firebird-Comets-Fugitive-Zone-Wizards
Jewdy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby inthedrift » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Jewdy wrote:
inthedrift wrote:
Jewdy wrote:I have been cycling Rocs for a while and threw my perfectly seasoned, slightly understable glow dx roc into a lake. I have a gaping midrange hole now. I brought out of retirement an older dx roc but it is too understable to handle any wind or power. Does anybody have a recommended mold that could fill that slot while I beat a roc? I was thinking about a Auroura MS or Fuse. Also, the only C-md2 I have ever thrown was slightly understable but I understand that is not usually the case.

I used to cycle Rocs myself and now throw the Fuse. I think it's one of the closest discs to a worn Roc that I've thrown. I have considered going back to the Roc rotation and if I do I will fill the worn Roc spot with a Fuse until I wear another in. I've broken both of my worn Rocs which is how I ended up with the premium plastic midrange setup I currently use.

This latest mess has got me thinking about going to some premium plastic mids myself. I have a little crush on sparkle aftershocks at the moment but still carry a few rocs. What is your mid lineup now post roc?

Lately I've been carrying the Lat 64 mids, Pain, Core, and Fuse. I definitely like the Fuse, the Core is nice although sometimes a touch too understable at higher speeds, and the Pain is a serviceable overstable mid. I do occasionally carry a new DX or KC Roc as well, just because. I have recently been thinking of going Drone, Buzzz, Fuse - as the Buzzz is more HSS than the Core and the Drone is a fantastic overstable mid that I've had in the bag before. Not sure though, we'll see.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby Jewdy » Fri May 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Anybody throwing the Marshall Street Rocs? I got one on a whim the other day and am pretty happy with it. Flat top, high plh, sharp parting line. I thought it would be crazy overstable before I threw it but it is just stable with no hs turn and very gradual fade. Holds any line you put it on and a great headwind mid. I understand it is the ching mold (I have never thrown a ching roc). Opinions? How do they break in? Should I buy eleventeen more?
Jewdy
Noob

Postby JR » Sat May 26, 2012 2:33 am

Weren't the Ching Rocs regular Rancho mold ones pressed thinner by the stamp?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jewdy » Sat May 26, 2012 8:28 am

I have no idea. Never got my grubby paws on one. This is the description from Marshall Street.

"Abolutely, hands down my favorite disc. It has all of the characteristics of the Roc we love but in my opinion much less fade. You cant find a better disc and not you dont have to spend $30 on a Ching Roc when you can have a flat topped one. It is made on the same machine as the Ching Rocs without the color stamp. I hope you all enjoy my design and throw these true. -Trent"
Jewdy
Noob

Postby Hyzerline49 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:10 pm

any love for the super roc here? i've really been diggin mine lately. i would recommend one to anyone who is looking for an overstable to beefy roc.
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun May 27, 2012 10:39 pm

The older ones rule, the ones from like 07 forward are kinda crappy.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Hyzerline49 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:43 pm

not necessarily crappy, just not as good. i have an 06 worlds one that is money. plastic reminds me of a pro/star mix, and feels amazing! i have thrown a few newer ones and they seem to be just about the same however.
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Anyone throw one of the production star ranchos? How is the shape on them and are they plus mold?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 am

rusch_bag wrote:Anyone throw one of the production star ranchos? How is the shape on them and are they plus mold?

Haven't thrown one, but I feel fairly safe in saying they are a true rancho and not a plus mold. I have seen one review that says its basically what you expect it to be. I've also heard the Star plastic from this run is very stiff.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Postby Hyzerline49 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:01 pm

stiff plastic? i may be interested in these after all... but im throwing super rocs for my overstable slot right now.
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Postby x-out » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:23 pm

the two i tried were both pretty nice fliers. for me they flew stable, but i can see many people calling them stable to overstable. they are a lot like a new dx rancho roc in terms HSS and LSS. the domes weren't huge and the rim was NOT plus. these would make the bag if i didn't like my current batch of rocs so much.
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby Jewdy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:33 am

Got a chance to throw my yellow 180 star Ranchos last night at doubles. Very mild dome. Stable to overstable when thrown at 310'. More glide than I was expecting out of a premium roc. Very nice discs.

I bought them as factory 2nds and the only defect I can find on either is a very small dent in the parting line. It is so small i cant even see it, only feel it when looking for it.
Jewdy
Noob

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 am

Have the Star Ranchos that they just made been Champy-Star?
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby Jewdy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:54 pm

The ones I got are Star, not champy star.
Jewdy
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment