The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Postby rusch_bag » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Factory Second Champion San Marino Rocs at the innova shop for 11 bucks. I just ordered a few.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Hyzerline49 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:56 pm

really been liking my ching rocs. have 4 in the bag to cover all my midrange shots, and they are by far the farthest and smoothest line holding mid i've thrown. ive thrown pretty much everything, but i just cant get over the feel of a ching roc.
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby JR » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:12 am

Hmm how much longer is the Ching vs a regular Rancho DX Roc? Or a R-Pro? I haven't thrown a Ching but have thrown the R-Pro (+mold) and it is the longest Roc i've thrown because it is flatter at the top than other non Chings. Coyotes and Comets for example are longer mids and there are tweeners like Kite, Squall and Stalker that blow other Rocs out of the water distance wise.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Roottori » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:39 am

Speaking of R-Pro Rocs, how do they fly compared to regular DX Ranchos besides that they are faster? DX Rocs feel very slippery for me (I have atopic skin and chronic eczema on my hands, so I don't have that grippy part of the skin you other guys have) so I wouldn't mind the extra grip of R-Pro.
Roottori
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Roottori wrote:Speaking of R-Pro Rocs, how do they fly compared to regular DX Ranchos besides that they are faster? DX Rocs feel very slippery for me (I have atopic skin and chronic eczema on my hands, so I don't have that grippy part of the skin you other guys have) so I wouldn't mind the extra grip of R-Pro.

I don't know about now but i too have at least for a while lacked the outermost layer of the skin and it may explain why i have dry slick skin. I have had one early slip with a fairly loose grip with the R-Pro so i imagine that the colder and wetter it is the more the problems of the plus mold start to manifest themselves. Rocs vary in flight paths and the one i got was good for the weight but i need a 180 instead of the 174 i have now. I turn mine over in headwinds. The grip is very good but i haven't thrown mine around rocks so i have no idea about the durability. DX doesn't come in nearly as much grip in any blend than the R-Pro blend in the Roc. That is a definite selling point for guys like us with slick skin. As long as the plus mold ain't offputting and you grip tight enough to prevent slips the much added tackiness is very helpful. Even dew ain't such a bad problem.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Roottori » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks. I have never thrown a plus mold disc so I don't know if it's going to affect my throw in negative way, but I'll definitely check these out.
Roottori
Noob

Postby JR » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:30 pm

The slant in the Roc is too steep for comfortable and reliable grip. Other plus molds are less prone to slip to the left than the Roc. The difference is very noticeable between a normal and a plus Roc.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Roottori » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Hmm... I'll try to get my hands on one and see how it feels in my hand. If the rim feels too slanted, I'll have to either cope with slippery DX Rocs or change my overstable mid to another one that is available in non-plus mold grippy plastic (suggestions? :P).
Roottori
Noob

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Who has tossed a stock star Rancho? Curious how they fly.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby JR » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Roottori wrote:Hmm... I'll try to get my hands on one and see how it feels in my hand. If the rim feels too slanted, I'll have to either cope with slippery DX Rocs or change my overstable mid to another one that is available in non-plus mold grippy plastic (suggestions? :P).

FLX Buzzz.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:17 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:Who has tossed a stock star Rancho? Curious how they fly.

very stable, doesn't want to pop up from hyzer.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Pwingles » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Frank,
Is yours pretty much a notch below the drone in stability? I have an F2 star rancho and it is really beefy.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Pwingles » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:50 pm

rusch_bag wrote:Factory Second Champion San Marino Rocs at the innova shop for 11 bucks. I just ordered a few.

I didnt see them, maybe theyre sold out?
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Pwingles wrote:Frank,
Is yours pretty much a notch below the drone in stability? I have an F2 star rancho and it is really beefy.

It's not that overstable, more like 06 champ roc stable
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 am

Pwingles wrote:
rusch_bag wrote:Factory Second Champion San Marino Rocs at the innova shop for 11 bucks. I just ordered a few.

I didnt see them, maybe theyre sold out?

They were gone the day they went up.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment