The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Postby Wofles » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 pm

After seeing some of other peoples power grips online I can see how a power grip with mids or smaller rims like leos could be problematic. My power grip I use is in between a fork grip and a normal power grip. If you take the fork grip with the fingers stacked and simply put the middle and ring finger on the rim it feels quite similar to the fork grip. Thats how I grip everything for drives. I can see how it might not be possible for everyone to grip like that. If my finers were any longer it would work or if they were shorter im sure it would be awkward as well.
Wofles
Noob

Favorite Disc: teebird

Postby JR » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:45 pm

I haven't had any problems power gripping Leopards.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 pm

I throw all my mids and drivers with a power grip unless I'm going with a weird touch shot.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 am

Frank Delicious wrote:I throw all my mids and drivers with a power grip unless I'm going with a weird touch shot.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:I throw all my mids and drivers with a power grip unless I'm going with a weird touch shot.

Likewise. And it's not as strong as a grip as with drivers.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby chainsmoker » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:

me too
I got super lucky at PIAS this weekend and picked up a couple beat Rocs. I'm back to all Rocs without worrying about breaking another one and being stuck without an understable Roc. I'll do a better job of rotating my Rocs so I have back-ups.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby LumberJack » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:02 am

My glow and pumpkin Rocs have beaten in to understable in a very short time, 8 weeks for the pumpkin and 4 weeks for the glow. Super bummed. I have a 4 year old dx Roc, bottom stamped, that's been at a 5(sleepy scale) for the last 2 years and just stays the same. The pumpkin and glow went from a 10 to a 7/6 with a quickness. I've been forced to put a Ti Wasp in the bag alongside my 12x, 11x and beat dx.

...still have yet to throw a Warship or MD2.

Always Rocs or Wasps and Comets with the occasional cryztal Buzz.
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby victorb » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:57 pm

chainsmoker wrote:I got super lucky at PIAS this weekend and picked up a couple beat Rocs. I'm back to all Rocs without worrying about breaking another one and being stuck without an understable Roc. I'll do a better job of rotating my Rocs so I have back-ups.

At this point I can't see myself going back to Rocs. I broke one in September, and didn't have a backup to replace it because it was so beat in. I realized that I don't have enough time at the course to season them the way I used to, so I'm throwing a buzzz/comet combo (heavily leaning on the comets, and using the buzzz for more power oriented shots)

Being stuck without a really understable Roc and not having my next most worn 2 beat in enough - even though they were in my bag for almost a year - made me realize and consider using a combination of discs to get what I wanted out of my midranges.

....I'm sure I'll go back one day when I have a lot more time to play.....maybe.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby chainsmoker » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:19 pm

victorb wrote:
chainsmoker wrote:I got super lucky at PIAS this weekend and picked up a couple beat Rocs. I'm back to all Rocs without worrying about breaking another one and being stuck without an understable Roc. I'll do a better job of rotating my Rocs so I have back-ups.

At this point I can't see myself going back to Rocs. I broke one in September, and didn't have a backup to replace it because it was so beat in. I realized that I don't have enough time at the course to season them the way I used to, so I'm throwing a buzzz/comet combo (heavily leaning on the comets, and using the buzzz for more power oriented shots)

Being stuck without a really understable Roc and not having my next most worn 2 beat in enough - even though they were in my bag for almost a year - made me realize and consider using a combination of discs to get what I wanted out of my midranges.

....I'm sure I'll go back one day when I have a lot more time to play.....maybe.

I spent a few years carrying Rocs and Comets and it was a really good combo. I liked 2 or 3 newer DX Rocs 1 Esp Comet and 1 X Comet. I like Rocs that have a dome so the Comets feel comfortable for me. If the Rocs get broken in enough you could drop the Comets but if not you've got it covered.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby TLapham » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:30 pm

What's the deal with the KC Pro Flat Top Glow Rocs? Seem interesting to me. I'm coming back to the Roc finally and need to resupply the arsenal. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
-Trade List
-My Bag (Always looking for backups):

Pred | Force | DD2 | Teebird | Buzzz | Wizard
TLapham
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE Teebird

Postby chainsmoker » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 pm

TLapham wrote:What's the deal with the KC Pro Flat Top Glow Rocs? Seem interesting to me. I'm coming back to the Roc finally and need to resupply the arsenal. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I've got one KC Pro Glow Roc that is not flat top, but I can tell you about the plastic. The plastic is not as stiff as an 11x Roc and doesn't feel like any KC plastic I've felt. The plastic has pretty good grip but has a slight waxy feel that dx can have at times. The one I have actually feels more like a stiff blend of dx rather than true KC plastic. This may not hold true for flat tops but my KC Pro glow Roc is a little less HSS than a similar looking KC Pro Roc.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby TLapham » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Thanks for the input! I guess I should feel some before mass ordering. :wink:
-Trade List

TLapham
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:45 am

Last year KCs of the non glowing kind were tackier and waxier and they damage and break in super fast. More expensive than DX but it might be even less durable. At least mine broke in quickly unlike DX. I haven't felt a glow KC Roc.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby TLapham » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 am

JR wrote:Last year KCs of the non glowing kind were tackier and waxier and they damage and break in super fast. More expensive than DX but it might be even less durable. At least mine broke in quickly unlike DX. I haven't felt a glow KC Roc.

Thanks. I threw a friends KC and it was that waxy feeling, I didn't care for it. Do you recommend just regular DX rocs? Or is there a run like pumkin, glow or flat top that are better?

It's been a while since I've investigated in Rocs, is flat or slight dome a better flyer?

Thanks.
-Trade List

TLapham
Tree Magnet

Postby BLURR » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:44 am

I have been throwing regular rancho's lately, but picked up a couple of Mr. DG flat top roc's and have really started to like them for straight shots. Brand new, they are a straight roc, no wearing in phase. I would like to get one broken in a little to see if it will fly the same lines as an understable regular dx roc.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment