Postby lefty-hyzer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:14 am

latitude wrote:Star Mako vs Star Cro ?

Mako has more glide, and no fade.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: got a few

Re: Innova Mako

Postby rooneytunes » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:21 am

cro is small diameter. They are both fast but the mako is longer in my experience b/c of it's glide. Cro's are less versatile as well.
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby Billym » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Took a 1st run 180 out for a few rounds; wow extremely straight! Not at all like a Shark.
I only threw a Coyote a few times but it must be similar to the Mako.
Definitely a disc you could live with out but still a very accurate mid with some nice glide. Similar to a Buzz.
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby JR » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Billym wrote:Took a 1st run 180 out for a few rounds; wow extremely straight! Not at all like a Shark.
I only threw a Coyote a few times but it must be similar to the Mako.
Definitely a disc you could live with out but still a very accurate mid with some nice glide. Similar to a Buzz.

Which is longer a Mako or a Buzzz and how much? I'm assuming a Z Buzzz because that's the Buzzz that is the straightest for the longest throughout wearing.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby lefty-hyzer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:54 pm

i can make the mako go 300+ on a flat surface with no variables...they glide well. never thrown a buzz :?
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: got a few

Postby Trey133 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:18 am

I'm still sipping the Mako juice, my friend Phil was dominating it in Charlotte two days ago, almost aced the gauntlet with it at Hornets nest.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby rooneytunes » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:44 pm

Bringing it back....... When are we going to see some Champion Mako's?????
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes

Postby The Wrist » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:22 am

how does it fly compared to a core? or to be more specific a gold lline core
The Wrist
Noob

Favorite Disc: Trident

Postby ian » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:52 am

So far my mako is very stable, and I would compare it to a buzz but slower. Has anyone had luck beating one in to be slightly understable? Any word on release in other plastics? I think this disc would be perfect for dx plastic. Any thoughts?
ian
Noob

Favorite Disc: aviar

Postby Billym » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:57 am

The Mako that I have been throwing regularly is understable now. It needs some hyzer to fly straight and turns easily with nice glide when thrown flat. The other Mako in my bag has maybe 20 golf throws on it and is straight when tossed flat.
Now that I have used a Mako for a few months it is filling my "long putter" upshot/run at the basket slot and as my main turnover Mid.
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby jubuttib » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:17 am

I really like the Mako, very straight from start to finish. I wouldn't really compare it to the Buzzz however, even if both fly very straight. To me the Mako is like a longer putter, where as the Buzzz is a slower driver. Mako is way harder to rip hard than Buzzz. Still, I like both. Too bad I'm shooting for an all Discmania bag and there's no room for either in it. MD2 is coming from Discmania, supposed to be Coyote'esque (which at the same time means Mako'esque, the old Coyote is very similar to Mako, the new one is supposed to be more LSS), I'm hoping that'll fit the bill. If not, I've always got my beat D MD1 and new D GM to fall back on. I can do everything I can do with a Buzzz with them and more.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Flipflat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 pm

jubuttib wrote:I really like the Mako, very straight from start to finish. I wouldn't really compare it to the Buzzz however, even if both fly very straight. To me the Mako is like a longer putter, where as the Buzzz is a slower driver. Mako is way harder to rip hard than Buzzz. Still, I like both. Too bad I'm shooting for an all Discmania bag and there's no room for either in it. MD2 is coming from Discmania, supposed to be Coyote'esque (which at the same time means Mako'esque, the old Coyote is very similar to Mako, the new one is supposed to be more LSS), I'm hoping that'll fit the bill. If not, I've always got my beat D MD1 and new D GM to fall back on. I can do everything I can do with a Buzzz with them and more.

Could you go a little more into how it's hard to rip hard? Do you mean like a comet? Or is the grip not comfortable?
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby jubuttib » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Flipflat wrote:Could you go a little more into how it's hard to rip hard? Do you mean like a comet? Or is the grip not comfortable?

I mean that when I rip the Mako hard it tends to turn over way too much. I can't seem to get a clean release when ripping it hard. I can nut the Buzzz as much as I want without worrying, I guess the grip is more comfortable for me. It's been a while since I really threw the Mako for anything else than finesse, and have gotten rid of some OAT, but the Buzzz has always been easier to rip hard and not worry. The Mako is a damn fine finesse disc, but for me the Buzzz is easier to handle when throwing with power.

Like I said, the Mako feels like a faster, longer putter for me, the Buzzz feels like a shorter driver.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Yeah, if you think the Buzzz is at all difficult to range, stay away from the Mako. It seemed very height sensitive with regards to its line and distance. For example, thrown low, fairly flat, and hard (like a Buzzz), it turned over for me. So I thought, "OK, maybe I need to throw it like a Roc/Comet", and I threw it higher with a little less ooomph and it was stable and stalled and faded. Then I threw it at the same higher height, but really hard, and it went like 360' (I was going for 320'). I also threw some shots low and with hyzer that flipped flat and lifted and flew a long ways...but if they didn't quite get flat they didn't get any of that lift. So I too found that the Mako was difficult to throw hard and get predictable results even though I wasn't getting any OAT on my release. It flew best when I put it on Buzzz line and height, but backed off and smoothed it (like a Comet release on a Buzzz line). Thrown like this however it was quite susceptible to the wind. When I threw it hard, low, and with hyzer, the wind didn't mess with it too much. All these characteristics it shares with the Roadrunner imo. Both of those discs are put to best use in the hands of medium power players with clean form as they fly well at those speeds. I don't see more power oriented players getting into the Mako.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Spinach D » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:28 pm

I've encountered some good players that like them. Money in the woods they say. Low lines with no fade or skip fade.
Spinach D
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment