Discraft Nuke

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby worthdan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:18 pm

smarkquart wrote:
discspeed wrote:
scoot_er wrote:
SkaBob wrote:Where would you put them, stability-wise scoot_er?

Faster Surge SS?

How do they compare distance-wise with the Force?

Let you now in a few days but supposedly they go real far but are a little flippy and not good for headwinds.

Sounds Katanaish. Anyway, Discraft is pissing away a REALLY GOOD marketing opportunity imo by not flooding stores with these before Xmas and preempting Innova's stock release of the Katana. I personally would love to see them pull a punch like that. Instead, they're following Innova's lead and making them a fundraiser for the holidays.

Would it not be the smart thing to do to release it in limited quantities and see if it is any good? Usually only those who know anything about the sport, know anything about discs, are they not the ones to go out of their way and get tournament discs? I think it would be better to dangle the carrot a little more, wait until these tournament discs are a little dinged up and people begin clamoring for back-ups and regular runs that they do not care to damage. I am not sure I want to go through another wave of Groove like discs again. I remember how excited we were about those and how many were sold when they went into production. I thought Discraft was wise to hold back their version of the Groove and not flood the market with theirs as well.

every new player wants the latest and greatest, the newest and fastest. and most experienced players want to at least try them. flooding the market sounds like it may have been a great opportunity. who all has tried the boss or force and how many noobs have you seen throwing them?
when I'm sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead, true story
worthdan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby ManU » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:21 pm

bottom line I just ordered 4 of the Armageddon Nukes
pretty sure I won't be throwing them though
they just might become available at some point for those that can throw these mega drivers

Favorite Disc: Orion LF

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Just got done throwing a 174 Domey-ish orange Snuke(South Park reference for you guys). I have 380-400 golf D with a Surge. The Snuke flew just like a Surge and just as far. It would fly father if I had bigger hands though. The rim is the same size as a Boss. Both of which are too big for me and my tiny hands. It flipped up from a slight hyzer S'd a lil bit and tailed off alot slower than I thought it would.This thing has suprizingly good penetration in the low speed part of its flight. The Snuke is definitely more stable than any Katana I've thrown. Thrown flat its rolls over a bit and would not be good in a headwind. Overall it is prolly most comparable to a flat heavy star Boss. Anytihng else you'd like to know about it feel free to ask!
Force/Tracker/Hornet/Buzzz/Comet/Zone/Challenger
Robin Hood
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Booter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:08 pm

always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby J-Man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:06 pm

Good review, thanks. Sounds like I'll do the same thing as with the Force, wait for a run in Z. Or better yet Sparkle Z. And I'll look forward to throwing one.
'J'
Team Oregon Ambassador@Large
J-Man
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:10 pm

sparkle Z force = worst force.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Maybe for you Frank. I like them. Great forehand disc.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled Nuke discussion.
I am looking foward to getting mine, wish I wasn't headed out of town for the weekend. Alas, they will wait patiently for me to return.....
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby Booter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:34 pm

im tempted to get one but not sure if ill like the size of the rim
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby discspeed » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:51 pm

Sounds exactly like my Champ Katanas. Since I already paid too much for them, I'm not paying too much for an equivalent disc.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby scoot_er » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:27 pm

J-Man wrote:Good review, thanks. Sounds like I'll do the same thing as with the Force, wait for a run in Z. Or better yet Sparkle Z. And I'll look forward to throwing one.
'J'

You might have to wait a really long time.These are at the moment too large for Z until Discraft can figure something out like they did for the Drone.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dgdave » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:33 pm

scoot_er wrote:
J-Man wrote:Good review, thanks. Sounds like I'll do the same thing as with the Force, wait for a run in Z. Or better yet Sparkle Z. And I'll look forward to throwing one.
'J'

You might have to wait a really long time.These are at the moment too large for Z until Discraft can figure something out like they did for the Drone.

Like what? Marking them max weight when they are really 3-5g overweight?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:54 pm

discspeed wrote:Sounds exactly like my Champ Katanas.

The Katanas i've thrown we're wayyy flipper than the Snuke. If i put 70% power on a Katana released from a slight hyzer its going to flip bad. I'd almost bet the Snuke would barely flip up. Maybe I threw a freak Katana? It was mad flippy.
Force/Tracker/Hornet/Buzzz/Comet/Zone/Challenger
Robin Hood
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby masterbeato » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:19 pm

i might dig those a lot!

who wants to demo them with me?!?!?
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby Lithicon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:37 am

Sounds promising. less than a Boss, more than a Katana. The middle ground is where I'm wanting to be. Just hoping the Katana isn't where I need to be. I got one on the way, guess if it's not something I like, it'll be traded here. Might end up trading one for a Katana!! :lol:

-Edit-
Mine should be here next Tuesday, or Wed.... And, yeah it's too bad I'm going out of town FOR TWO WEEKS! My Nuke is going to be sitting here all sad, wanting to fly.... Will be cold in Jan when I get back, but it won't stop me from bearing the cold to throw this thing.
Predator - OLF - Cyclone
Roc Kool-Aid
Dart
------------------
Lithicon
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Dart

Postby discspeed » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:16 am

Robin Hood wrote:
discspeed wrote:Sounds exactly like my Champ Katanas.

The Katanas i've thrown we're wayyy flipper than the Snuke. If i put 70% power on a Katana released from a slight hyzer its going to flip bad. I'd almost bet the Snuke would barely flip up. Maybe I threw a freak Katana? It was mad flippy.

My Katanas are heavy and domey. They have a little high speed turn, but certainly aren't flippy. If I put a touch of hyzer on the release they don't flip at all. I think a lot of them are flippy. From what I've heard all the pros, flat champs, flat stars, and probably the lighter weight ones are all flippy.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment