Mystery Ranch bag

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Mystery Ranch bag

Postby Booter » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Its definitely got the capabilities,it also depends how mid and puttrr heavy u go. I normally carry 20/22 balanced out on both sides
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby BrotherDave » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:40 am

Sloppy Disc has one of these. It looks too well made for disc golf frankly, lol. They are pretty amazing bags. The only knock I can see against it is it seems to fall over a lot.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby ferretdance03 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Booter wrote:...other than zj is a lucky bastard because he got an older one with the pencil holder :)...

Is that the older version or a newer version? I've had mine for a little over a year, no pencil holder. A buddy of mine ordered and received his less than two months ago and he has a pencil holder.

As for the bag, it is a great bag. There's a few small things I'd change, but overall I'm extremely happy with it. Room for everything I want to carry and it fits perfectly and doesn't hurt my back.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby dgdave » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:48 am

I think I'll have one of these soon. Score. If I end up not caring for it, back to a good ole gorilla boy
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby jtkustomizer » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:59 pm

dgdave wrote:I think I'll have one of these soon. Score. If I end up not caring for it, back to a good ole gorilla boy

Dave,

After you get your mahal could you please give us a comparison between it and the simian?

I am thinking about getting a backpack style bag and love my kong but the simian would be downgrading in the number of discs I would be able to carry. Each of these bags had one feature that overrides the other.

The simian feature is obvious....you can sit on it. The hold up for me is the number of discs I would be able to carry on the course.

What I really like about the mahal is the expandability for more gear/discs and the umbrella holder. I would really like to know more about the yoke system and how well it carries the added weight of more discs.

Maybe mr.gorilla boy is reading this and could possibly reinvent the simian with the umbrella holder and more room for kong amount of discs.

Or if someone would let chris get a closer look at their mahal for r&d purposes that would be even better....hint hint help the evolution and someone that is doing good things by creating gear that lasts for disc golfers by a disc golfer.
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Postby gorillaboy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:30 pm

jtkustomizer wrote:
dgdave wrote:I think I'll have one of these soon. Score. If I end up not caring for it, back to a good ole gorilla boy

Dave,

After you get your mahal could you please give us a comparison between it and the simian?

I am thinking about getting a backpack style bag and love my kong but the simian would be downgrading in the number of discs I would be able to carry. Each of these bags had one feature that overrides the other.

The simian feature is obvious....you can sit on it. The hold up for me is the number of discs I would be able to carry on the course.

What I really like about the mahal is the expandability for more gear/discs and the umbrella holder. I would really like to know more about the yoke system and how well it carries the added weight of more discs.

Maybe mr.gorilla boy is reading this and could possibly reinvent the simian with the umbrella holder and more room for kong amount of discs.

Or if someone would let chris get a closer look at their mahal for r&d purposes that would be even better....hint hint help the evolution and someone that is doing good things by creating gear that lasts for disc golfers by a disc golfer.

the simian is already designed to carry an umbrella on either side upright and has always been able to do that. on the current style sim's if you just want to load it with discs where ever they fit then just in the side pockets and under the main discs in the center you cud easily carry another 15 or so discs besides the 14 it's designed to hold (14 includes the putters)... so really the sim was re-invented already to do all that quite some time ago.
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby dgdave » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:37 pm

I lied. Shit fell through.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby jtkustomizer » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:22 pm

dgdave wrote:I lied. Shit fell through.

So does this mean you will be going back to the gorilla boy.
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jtkustomizer » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:25 pm

gorillaboy wrote:
jtkustomizer wrote:

Dave,

the simian is already designed to carry an umbrella on either side upright and has always been able to do that. on the current style sim's if you just want to load it with discs where ever they fit then just in the side pockets and under the main discs in the center you cud easily carry another 15 or so discs besides the 14 it's designed to hold (14 includes the putters)... so really the sim was re-invented already to do all that quite some time ago.

Ok so I was mistaken and did not know that the simian would hold an umbrella so it seems that I am swaying back towards the simian which I think that would be a better choice anyways.
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Postby dgdave » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:33 am

jtkustomizer wrote:

It means I don't have a fucking bag right now.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby BLURR » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:53 am

dgdave wrote:It means I don't have a fucking bag right now.

Any thought of converting a run-of-the-mill backpack? Or maybe try your hand at building a cart? Just throwing some ideas out there.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby dgdave » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:15 am

One step ahead of ya. I am going to look for cheap back packs today.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby BLURR » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:23 am

Academy Sports - $29.99

Rusty has this one setup. I think he said it can hold around 15-18 disc's in it. I am going to get one of these in a few weeks to try out some mod's on.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Gonnagal » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:53 am

I've been using mine since early spring, and like others have stated this is hands down the best bag and Disc Golf purchase that I've had. It looks just the same as the day I received it. I usually carry around 20-25 discs, and leave the other pocket for hoodies, beer, Camelbak all depending on what I needed. It just fits so comfortably, the harness they use is bar none. These puppies are completely waterproof as well, only the very bottom of the pockets can become wet from sitting on a wet source. The outside though is a tank!! The bag also dries amazingly fast as well.
Gonnagal
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 pm

dgdave wrote:
jtkustomizer wrote:

It means I don't have a fucking bag right now.

But ask yourself, do you really need a bag that procreates?
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment