how to flatten a DX Roc?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: how to flatten a DX Roc?

Postby sleepy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:12 am

Aw, shucks you guys...you're making me blush! :oops: :P

I could upload the Excel scoresheet I made for Pozzy's Putting Game if anyone's interested, but I realize after looking at the Pozzy thread here that I used a different version of the rules which has a different point schema. Hmm.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Booter » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:06 am

anybody have any luck flattening a dome on some star plastic? I don't have any domey discs in star to try it on
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Booter » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:17 pm

bump. anybody? im looking to buy a destroyer with a moderate dome and flatten it but i dnt wanna waste my time if it wont stay flattened
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby jsun3thousand » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:28 pm

It should work. Just make sure that the disc cools on a flat surface and that there is no suction to make the flight plate sink in. All the discs I have flattened have remained that way. If you mess up, it's plastic not marble, you can fix it.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Prerube » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Doesn't altering a disc in this manner (boiling, heatlamps, ect.) make it illegal for tournament use?
Prerube
Ruby's Pimp-ass shirt revival

Postby jsun3thousand » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 pm

"It came that way."
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Postby Booter » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 pm

cool. i guess im gonna have to try it in hopes of it working lol. i dont see why it wouldnt. have you heard about putting a disc in the freezer after it cooled? i coulda swore i read something about that on here
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby jsun3thousand » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm not a plastics expert, but putting a disc in the freezer after it has cooled seems like overkill.
jsun3thousand

Postby Booter » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:43 pm

thats what i figured.i dont remember if i read this on here or on dgcr. im guessing dgcr lol
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Lithicon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Lithicon wrote: Like someone said earlier I just hope the champ plastic doesn't have a really good memory and dome back up, I even stuck it in the freezer for a few minutes after I let it cool completly with the heavy object still sitting on top of it.

I just figured i'd do it for extra insurance. Since I done the Champ Spider,I done it to a Champ Wraith. I actually had to do it twice, cause I think I just messed up the first time. But, both times I stuck it in the Freezer just to make sure. They both kept their form after the process. But, the Wraith didn't quite go as flat as I was expecting.

But, none the less went from the meat hook it was to something that seems more like newer to slightly used Pro Wraith. With the slightest turn at times, but will always flip flat now. And, when it was new wouldn't at all. So I say it was a success. And, wouldn't really want it much flippier, the rest I can take out with normal use, hoping it holds this stability for a long time.
Predator - OLF - Cyclone
Roc Kool-Aid
Dart
------------------
Lithicon
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Dart

Previous

Return to Equipment