Disc Loyalty Pledges

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disc Loyalty Pledges

Postby jmoody » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:35 pm

jmoody wrote:Nuke, surge, pred, force, flick, stalker,buzzz, drone, challenger. hasnt really changed since I started throwing discraft a year and a half ago. only thing different is the addition of the nuke and stalker and subtraction of the wasp and zone. (wasp might be coming back lol)

Completly forgot about my z xtreme, def not comin out
jmoody
Noob

Favorite Disc: predator

Postby discspeed » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
discspeed wrote:I think I'm ready to try pledge 2.0...In one year I will still be throwing Ions, Fuses, Buzzzes, and PDs.

id wager your fuses will fall off the map

I doubt it simply because there aren't many discs in the Fuse's class (Meteor, Element?) to replace it with. I also have had quite a bit of success with it...I'm not a big fan of the rim slant, but for some reason it doesn't bother me enough to overshadow the Fuse's strengths.

When I look deep into the future I see most my mid duties being taken care of by Vectors in various stages of wear... :thumbup:
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Ryan C » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Funny, I really love Fuses too, and never even noticed that they were slanted. They've always felt about like a buzzz to me.

My first Opto Fuse has seasoned perfectly after hundreds of throws, and dozens of tree hits. Me and that Fuse have a better affinity than any other disc I've ever owned. Sometimes I feel like I can almost remote control it. I've never had a disc where I felt like I knew just how to throw it so that it would glide straight for 250', then suddenly take a fairly hard right, and pan out flat before it lands. Its insanely shape-able and awesome. I will always throw Fuses. No matter what.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby dgdave » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:24 am

The VP may be on the outs. I've just REALLY loving going back to KCs. I did get a glow champ BB that's really overstable, but I love carving it up with my KCs. I usedKCs since 9xs came out. Did a stint with wizards when I was sponsored by GW, went back to KCs. Then 10xs got expensive and hard to find, so in 08, went to wizards (with flings with challengers and magnets) until I got my VPs in early 09. Used those and ridges for all of 09 and most of '10. Then in Sept of last year, I got the new GOOD KCs. Slowly since then my vibrams started seeing less and less use. For the last few weeks I've been VP less for the first time in 2 years. I haven't missed it. :S I still have my proto sitting in my closet and one production run. Who knows if it'll come back.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby TechnoHic » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:02 am

I will commit to Magics, Fuses, Hornets, Rivers and Preds for a year; which will be weird for me since I seemed to chang out my bag weekly last year, but I think that really hurts your game.

I will; however, be testing some disc, but mainly distance drivers I have not really put into the bag yet and just for extra practice throws and field work until I really think Im ready for one to go in and join the other staples.
TechnoHic
Noob

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Booter » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Bumpy!! Figured id update on my pledge as well as see what peeps are throwin now

My pledge at the beginning of the year
Booter wrote:2011 pledge will be:

omega
rhyno
roc
fuse
buzzz
pd
fb

sadly the orc is out of the bag for now because of the flow.

All thats left from this pledge are
Omega
buzzz
pd
fb
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby what'shisname » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:32 pm

what'shisname wrote:
what'shisname wrote:
what'shisname wrote:Voodoos and my Firebird are staying for sure. I'm thinking I'll commit to the Comets in the bag for at least a year as well.

Still good on all 3. Not sure why I didn't have the Core listed as well, pretty committed to that one as well. In fact, I'm pretty happy with the whole bag at the moment:

Firebird
Vision
Surge SS
JLS
Drone
Core
Comet
Voodoo

I could see maybe swapping my JLS's out for my XL's again, but I think the JLS would win in the end.

This was January last year.

Voodoo, Core and JLS are the only one's still in there.

As for commitments for this year..

Voodoo - is and will be the goto putter.
Fuse - LOVE it.
C/S/P PD's - These aren't going anywhere.

The Zone and Ion are probably safe, but the core may find itself out of the bag if the new lat64 mid flies how I hope it will. The JLS is pretty solid, the river gave it a run for its money, but the JLS won out.

My bags been the same pretty much all year. The JLS has been shelved mostly though and I've added the pain and TD. I'm happy with the bag on the whole and will probably not mess with it much.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby beatroc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:02 pm

One year from now these discs will still be in my bag:
DX BBs
DX Rocs (probably for the rest of my life, yo)
ESP Cyclone
C-line PD

I've had a Firebird in my bag for over 5 years, but I would drop them if I found something I liked better for it's spot. I'm not sold on my Valkyries being in my bag longterm quite yet, I've been tossing those on and off for the past 6 years but they've all been old CE and JK. Just picked up a fresh Champ and it's a lot less glidey (it seems), so I don't know. I'm going to try out the stars and test out the champ more before I dismiss the Valks completely though.
Rattler - Ion
Roc
Cyclone
TD - PD - Firechicken

http://frolfware.com
beatroc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby turso » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Rivers and Comets forever.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby Apothecary » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:40 pm

rivers are for the limp-wristed.

gaz for LIFE!
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby Fightingthetide » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:55 am

Teebirds and Rivers for drivers, Buzzz and Fuse for mids, Wizards for putters.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jgheels1999 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:59 am

Ion, Fuse, and River
ION, jokeri, Fuse, Axis, River, TB, Valk
Aces: Hole #11 Stumpy Creek 290' 170 S Ion
jgheels1999
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Smyith » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:10 pm

im not gonna make any pledges but ive been throwing Aviars for 10 years (last 4 years i been playing around with other putters but done with that), Roc's for about 9 1/2 years, TeeRex's and Orion LFs since the First Runs were released so 5-6yers (?), Rhynos for about 4-5 years. Ive basically just been playing around with fairway drivers and the "fast" distance drivers over the last year. happy i put the leopards back in. im really considering going and getting a new valkyrie, and restoring the essential parts of my original bag for the first 6 years of disc (SE TL, Valkyrie, Roc, Aviar).
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby beatroc » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Well, barely a month after I said that DX BBs would be in my bag for the next year I have switched back over to the Wizard. Just couldn't stand the bulkyness of the BB compared to the Wizards that I've been throwing for 4 years. Also the BBs have felt lighter despite the fact they are the same weight, must be because the plastic is concentrated on the outer rim on the Wizard. I won't commit to the Wizard though, in a couple weeks I'll be picking up some new Ions and I'm going to try them out as well.
Rattler - Ion
Roc
Cyclone
TD - PD - Firechicken

http://frolfware.com
beatroc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Previous

Return to Equipment