Disc Loyalty Pledges

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disc Loyalty Pledges

Postby discspeed » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
The force is one of the best headwind distance drivers out there. It's ridiculously good at that.*

*discspeed will lie and say he flipped one over. He is a liar and should not be believed. His throw is all OAT. He hates all things good in life.

I am the infidel! I should be stoned, lynched, or both! I defy the DGR gods by adopting speed stable discs and those without beads! And I spread my evil with my heretical tongue!
Last edited by discspeed on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Solty » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 pm

i really like the pledge idea...but I've always seemed to go back to my standard setup.

Staples...wizard, dx roc, CE TL

i've been really given a legit audition between the following: CE EX, Star Orc, and Sparkle Z Rogue

Those three all have a different flight for me...the ce ex is a hyzer flip bomb....that finishes left...the rogue and orc, while quite similar...i get different turns from each...orc turns quicker and the rogue turns later..

....i will be auditioning Summits....as i just secured some...but i cant give any dated commitment for them..
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:33 pm

discspeed wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:
The force is one of the best headwind distance drivers out there. It's ridiculously good at that.*

*discspeed will lie and say he flipped one over. He is a liar and should not be believed. His throw is all OAT. He hates all things good in life.

I am the infidel! I should be stoned, lynched, or both! I defy the DGR gods by adopting speed stable discs and those without beads! And I spread my evil with my heretical tongue!

Accept your fate heretic. That is the first step to embracing the true path.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Working Stiff » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:57 pm

This is easy...disc loyalty pledges, family-guy style.

I pledge to keep Comets in my bag because I bought a bunch last year when the Z's came out and my Wife would skin me alive if I stopped throwing them after I spent all that money.

I pledge to keep Cyclones in the bag because I got a bunch this fall in ESP and my Wife would skin me alive if I stopped throwing them after I spent all that money.

I've had Banshees in my bag for the last 11 years. I'm not real happy with them and would like to experiment with something else, but after spending money on Z Comets and ESP Cyclones my Wife would throw all my shit out on the curb if I bought more discs. I'm pretty safe saying Banshees will be there for the next year.

I could keep going, but you get the picture. :P
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby wdb4th » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:36 pm

I promise to keep in my bag for the following year:

Magic
Wizard
T-Bone
Riot
Element X
E Warrior
Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat Proto Magic

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:25 pm

wdb4th wrote:T-Bone
E Warrior

Two of the most under rated discs out there.
Frank Delicious

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:36 pm

bag feels pretty solid lately, my pledges are as follows

MAGNET (this will be my main putter FOREVER!!)
ROC (NEVER LEAVING)
STALKER (this could be the weakest link but with as good as i have been throwing this thing i'll pledge a year)
XXX (this disc is the cornerstone of my bag, I cant imagine liking a disc more for my overstable slot....2 aces with these this year also, as long as i can keep finding the flat ones i'll throw this FOREVER!)

.....and thats all i can do, my max D and mod overstable slots like to change alot
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby maks » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:37 pm

11x firebirds, 11x and dx teebirds, ce and champ leopards, kc pro rocs, dx and star valkyries,these will never leave the bag.

my kc pro putters might leave.....and my katanas might make the bag.
maks
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Super-Roc

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:28 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:
LumberJack wrote:...And I love my Predator... but I'd really like to find that one disc that beats the wind, is sneaky long, skips big and tommy/thumbs like a charm. I've had a 12x Firebird in the bag for 2 weeks... it's ok... it's a lot like my Pred... just a bit shorter. Probably try a xXx...

XXX is going to be shorter than either the Pred or FB. You try a Force. It's surprisingly stable in the wind.

I imagine the Rocs and PDs will be in the bag for another year, as they've been there at least that long now. I've squeezed them around to try some other stuff, but I always seem to gravitate back to them.

id venture to say that i can get my XXX out past a FB or Pred
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
ferretdance03 wrote:
LumberJack wrote:...And I love my Predator... but I'd really like to find that one disc that beats the wind, is sneaky long, skips big and tommy/thumbs like a charm. I've had a 12x Firebird in the bag for 2 weeks... it's ok... it's a lot like my Pred... just a bit shorter. Probably try a xXx...

XXX is going to be shorter than either the Pred or FB. You try a Force. It's surprisingly stable in the wind.

I imagine the Rocs and PDs will be in the bag for another year, as they've been there at least that long now. I've squeezed them around to try some other stuff, but I always seem to gravitate back to them.

my flat XXX is super stable. My Pred is longer by a fair amount. It's about the same distance as a FB for me.
Frank Delicious

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
Jesse B 707 wrote:
ferretdance03 wrote:

my flat XXX is super stable. My Pred is longer by a fair amount. It's about the same distance as a FB for me.

maybe you're not getting it up to speed :P
i could probly toss a pred farther BH but when i really lay on my XXX FH the extra speed = extra D over either a pred or FB
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby PRES 10 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:38 pm

dgdave wrote:PD, Xtreme, VP

Any prizes if we catch you changeing your bag dave?

I pledge comets so far, will choose my complete bag and pledge it on the 1st. Ions soon (hopefully)
Ion|Vector|Leopard|Firebird|Valkyrie|Katana
Soon the MVP Axis!
PRES 10
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ION

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:maybe you're not getting it up to speed :P
i could probly toss a pred farther BH but when i really lay on my XXX FH the extra speed = extra D over either a pred or FB

That could be true. That's one of the reasons I stopped throwing spirits. I felt like it took too much for me to get them up to speed.
Frank Delicious

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
Jesse B 707 wrote:maybe you're not getting it up to speed :P

That could be true. That's one of the reasons I stopped throwing spirits. I felt like it took too much for me to get them up to speed.

yeah a beefy Spirit is just a plain old chore to throw.....not as bad as the damn Z Xtreme though, it took 100% of my FH power to stretch em out o like 340 or so :? bad for my poor arm
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby JHern » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:56 pm

discspeed wrote:Sleepy's commitment in his sig gave me an idea...Many of us change molds a lot, probably to the detriment of our game. Here's the thread to lay it on the line and commit for the next year to keep something in your bag.

I'll start by saying that at the very least, the Voodoo, Buzzz, and Stalker will be in my bag for the next year.

Me too, and the exact same discs!

OK, I'll keep my 175 Star Valkyrie too. Hard to see changing a great deal else in my bag either, but you never know!
Last edited by JHern on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment