Disc Loyalty Pledges

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disc Loyalty Pledges

Postby what'shisname » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:07 am

mattw wrote:
discspeed wrote:I like these discs and honestly with a kid on the way I'm not going to have the $$ to be messing around with a bunch of different stuff.

Congratulations on the baby. Is it bad that when we had ours I was trying to figure out how early is to early to put a disc in his hand. Hes now Three and learning to throw a putter around the yard. I am looking forward to taking him with me.

I've had my girl out with me a lot already and she just turned three. At first, I'd just take her out there in the stroller, then got her out there walking with me, sort of, 2 year olds are pretty easily distracted. :lol: I had her out with me a few times this summer though and she did great. She would watch me drive, then try her own crazy flick shot and run off to find my disc. She liked slamming discs into the baskets as well like she was playing basketball or something. The last time I had her out was the greatest though as she was complementing me on every shot. "Great Shot daddy!" :mrgreen:

The key is to keep it short, if they start loosing interest switch to something else so that they don't start having a bad time playing disc golf. You want them to associate it with good times, not torture being dragged around the course.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby peppermack » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:31 am

What will be in my bag for sure the next year is:

VPs (no-brainer)
Comet (I love them)
Eagle (changed my whole game)

I just got a sweet ProTana from Tim, and ordered a StarTana, won't be able to throw them for a while. I got a xXx, and a striker that are waiting to be thrown as well. So the three above are not going anywhere, but there may be other changes.
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby cmlasley » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:35 am

mattw wrote: I am looking forward to taking him with me.

Looking forward? He should already be asking for your towel so he can dry his favorite Roc.

My now three year old started discing at about 2 months, taking naps in the stroller while I played every afternoon.

Edit: We have issues in our house because my one-year-old fights with the three-year-old over minis.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby sweeper » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:11 pm

I will keep Wraiths in my bag.

I don't have to pledge myself to keeping comets in my bag because that is a given.

I really wish I could pledge myself to keeping one putter... but I have a problem.
* Pulse * Katana * Eagle X*Roc * Meteor * Aviar * Rattler *
sweeper
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:bag feels pretty solid lately, my pledges are as follows

MAGNET (this will be my main putter FOREVER!!)
ROC (NEVER LEAVING)
STALKER (this could be the weakest link but with as good as i have been throwing this thing i'll pledge a year)Gone, EX is back in effect!
XXX (this disc is the cornerstone of my bag, I cant imagine liking a disc more for my overstable slot....2 aces with these this year also, as long as i can keep finding the flat ones i'll throw this FOREVER!)

.....and thats all i can do, my max D and mod overstable slots like to change alot

anyone else got any confessions to make??
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby what'shisname » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:29 pm

what'shisname wrote:Voodoos and my Firebird are staying for sure. I'm thinking I'll commit to the Comets in the bag for at least a year as well.

Still good on all 3. Not sure why I didn't have the Core listed as well, pretty committed to that one as well. In fact, I'm pretty happy with the whole bag at the moment:

Firebird
Vision
Surge SS
JLS
Drone
Core
Comet
Voodoo

I could see maybe swapping my JLS's out for my XL's again, but I think the JLS would win in the end.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby discspeed » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:03 pm

discspeed wrote:
discspeed wrote:Sleepy's commitment in his sig gave me an idea...Many of us change molds a lot, probably to the detriment of our game. Here's the thread to lay it on the line and commit for the next year to keep something in your bag.

I'll start by saying that at the very least, the Voodoo, Buzzz, and Stalker will be in my bag for the next year.

I'm going to add additional commitments to the Meteor, XXX, and the Boss. I like these discs and honestly with a kid on the way I'm not going to have the $$ to be messing around with a bunch of different stuff.

Well, the secondary pledge I'm breaking...I shouldn't have committed to the Boss. I never played really well with that disc. The Halo is better for me.

I'm not considering the Buzzz out, I'm just messing around with the Aftershock.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:anyone else got any confessions to make??

My main bag is still the same but my small bag is full of a whole lot of random stuff.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby dgdave » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:39 pm

dgdave wrote:PD, Xtreme, VP

Still here and account for half the discs in my bag.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Working Stiff » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:46 pm

Working Stiff wrote:This is easy...disc loyalty pledges, family-guy style.

I pledge to keep Comets in my bag because I bought a bunch last year when the Z's came out and my Wife would skin me alive if I stopped throwing them after I spent all that money.

I pledge to keep Cyclones in the bag because I got a bunch this fall in ESP and my Wife would skin me alive if I stopped throwing them after I spent all that money.

I've had Banshees in my bag for the last 11 years. I'm not real happy with them and would like to experiment with something else, but after spending money on Z Comets and ESP Cyclones my Wife would throw all my shit out on the curb if I bought more discs. I'm pretty safe saying Banshees will be there for the next year.

I could keep going, but you get the picture. :P
Comets present and accounted for. Cyclones still in the mix. Banshees are gone, replaced with a combination of flat ESP Cyclones and Z Predators. Don't tell my Wife!
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby JimW » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:17 am

I kinda broke mine, took the Cheetah out briefly, but it's back in now. It was a very short break anyway since I never had a Cyclone really beat enough to do what I wanted.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby victorb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:51 pm

victorb wrote:I'll sign up.

I pledge to keep the following in my bag for at least a year:

Predator
Striker
Comet
Magic - out, replaced by challengers

Not like this is a stretch since it's the core of my bag (just changed to strikers after about 3 years of teebirds, won't be going out anytime soon)

Glad I'm not the only one who already changed something :lol:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby bucknuts » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:07 am

Challengers and Buzzes have been in the bag for two years or almost...

Plan to continue doing it along with Eagles, OLFs, and Firebird as my commitment in 2010.

I think getting a Star Firebird and either Wasp or Aftershock will complete my bag. What do you think guys?
--go out and play disc

Challengers, Buzzes, Eagles, Firebird, and OLFs
bucknuts
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Buzz

Postby discspeed » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:18 am

bucknuts wrote:Challengers and Buzzes have been in the bag for two years or almost...

Plan to continue doing it along with Eagles, OLFs, and Firebird as my commitment in 2010.

I think getting a Star Firebird and either Wasp or Aftershock will complete my bag. What do you think guys?

I have a hard time believing that anyone could throw a Z Aftershock and a Z Wasp back to back and like the Wasp better. The Aftershock is the same speed as a Buzzz and the Wasp is slower.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Postby RoomTenONine » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:03 pm

I can commit nearly my entire bag to no change for 1 year. The only thing I see in flux are my JLS vs. Cyclones. My Voodoos, QMS, Q-Sents, eagles, OLFs and xXx aren't going anywhere.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment