XXX

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: XXX

Postby Booter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:04 am

what weights would u giys recommend?

I was throwing both my 175 & 173 11x fb's lastnight in 20mph winds and they weren't fading as fast as they first did brand new..if the xxx is comfortable as the fb I will def give it a shot!
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Leopard » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:05 am

one went into the used bin not long ago... i'm yoinkin it when i go back saturday!! :twisted:
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Luke wrote:I have some of those first run super flat ones, that Jesse likes, for sale.

heavy? whadya want for em (although i think they made another flat run.....3rd run maybe?)
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby discspeed » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:17 pm

All of the ones at the Clearwater Disc Golf Store are flat (is super flat any flatter than flat? :lol: ). So...mine are flat. I tried the yellow one today and it flew exactly like the purple. This is definitely an overstable utility disc for me. I haven't got it out further than about 330' yet. I throw much farther backhand than forehand in general, but I've thrown the XXX just about as far forehand as I've been able to get it backhand. Today I threw it a lot in far less wind and it actually seems to glide more into the wind. Mine are 175-176. This disc has now officially replaced my FB.

Jesse-Have you gotten one broken in any yet?
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:22 pm

discspeed wrote:Jesse-Have you gotten one broken in any yet?

i have gotten a few pretty broken in (looking) but the flight has not really changed on any of mine yet, granted my last 2 were aced with and put on the wall just as they were getting really seasoned so its hard to say, id REALLY like to try one in gold line though for a (possibly) less stable/longer option in the bag to compliment my Optos
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby what'shisname » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:53 pm

god dammit. I've just fallen in love with my champ FB and now I read all of this. I love the lat64 discs I've tried so far and now I'm going to have to try and find one of these to test drive.

Any chance there's room for both in the bag?
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:58 pm

what'shisname wrote:god dammit. I've just fallen in love with my champ FB and now I read all of this. I love the lat64 discs I've tried so far and now I'm going to have to try and find one of these to test drive.

Dammit indeed. I've been rolling with the pred / xtreme combo recently and been liking it pretty good but all this xXx speak has me thinking I could replace both with one disc. I'm assuming that the xXx is less HSS than an xtreme?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby peppermack » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Jesse....what is the max range one a xXx throw for you? You and I have about the same max d I think so you would be a good barometer for me on this disc?
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:05 pm

peppermack wrote:Jesse....what is the max range one a xXx throw for you? You and I have about the same max d I think so you would be a good barometer for me on this disc?

BH, 320/330 or so EDIT: on big flex lines ive thrown them in the 350 range BH but i never find myself throwing that for golf
FH, 370/380
OH, bout 340/350
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby discspeed » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:13 pm

what'shisname wrote:god dammit. I've just fallen in love with my champ FB and now I read all of this. I love the lat64 discs I've tried so far and now I'm going to have to try and find one of these to test drive.

I can't see any reason at all to have both.
discspeed

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:14 pm

discspeed wrote:

I can't see any reason at all to have both.

unless your FB is DX........but still no
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby peppermack » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Hmmm...when springtime roles around I am going to have to try one out. On a slightly off topic, I sure as hell with I could throw overhand. I have a strong arm, but man for some reason I can't throw overhand for shit. One of you guys need to make a trip out to Idaho this summer and teach me this throw. I have not met anyone around here that throws it with much success either. Visit Yellowstone park which is only 70 miles from my house, and teach Karl to throw overhand. I don't have much in the way of Disc Golf Skills to teach anyone else, but if it involves hunting, building stuff, or other random farm skills I'm you man :wink:
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby discspeed » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:18 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:
Dammit indeed. I've been rolling with the pred / xtreme combo recently and been liking it pretty good but all this xXx speak has me thinking I could replace both with one disc. I'm assuming that the xXx is less HSS than an xtreme?

It is probably a tad less HSS, but it would take a disc cannon to tell the difference. The main difference is speed and glide, which the XXX has some of, the extreme none.

I don't know if you could replace a semi-beat Z Pred with the XXX because the Pred is longer. I use a new Champ EX for that slot and its place in my bag is secure.
discspeed

Postby Risk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:31 pm

My Z Pred is getting to beat to be a good overhand disc (I still love for BH headwind duties though) so I might just try this disc out. Also if you're looking for a max D overhand disc is it better to go max weight or as light as possible?
Force - Z Nuke - Predator - Stalker - Buzzz - Fuse -Zone - Focus
Risk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:36 pm

Risk wrote:My Z Pred is getting to beat to be a good overhand disc (I still love for BH headwind duties though) so I might just try this disc out. Also if you're looking for a max D overhand disc is it better to go max weight or as light as possible?

if you have some arm to put behind it max weight will be longer in most conditions IMO
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment