MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Postby discspeed » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Zam the dg marketing guru may have had a hand in the selection of said name. Personally I am fine with the name. It fits with both the science and the two syllable naming schemes of MVP's mid lineup. It's not cutesy or testosterone infused either.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Leopard » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm

discspeed wrote:Zam the dg marketing guru may have had a hand in the selection of said name. Personally I am fine with the name. It fits with both the science and the two syllable naming schemes of MVP's mid lineup. It's not cutesy or testosterone infused either.

Nope, not me. I'd have picked something I could illustrate :) I don't know what these words mean.. but I've got nerdy friends to explain them. I named Eclipse, that's my legacy.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Mike C » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby pask2155 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 am

So in your guys experience do anodes and ions have the same amount of hss? Or does the ion just have more lss?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby Mike C » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:28 am

Real similar. Anodes might flip up a hair more from a hyzer throw, but at the most its a .25 difference of hss and only visible outside 275' or so. So essentially yes.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby JR » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:32 am

But the Anode is way more forgiving of throws with unclean release such as scraping along fingers. Which happens easily for those with small hands and short fingers.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Somebody give me a quick comparison of proton -> eclipse -> neutron for the Anode, Axis and Vector. Thanks!!!!
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby JR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:00 am

Eclipse is more understable and the newest plastic more overstable on average with the original plastics having stability variations from changes in molds and production. All are slick in cold and wet weather especially.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby pask2155 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Neutron is tackier plastic. Haven't noticed much difference in stability. Seem the same for me. I shifted to neutron for all my discs. It's amazing plastic. I love these discs.
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby sunspot » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Threw a current run, more stable Volt. I like it more than my flippy Volt. I will say, however, that I will get some use out of my flippy Volt. I would recommend that the Volt have some more LSS. The HSS is fine but it needs to have some more LSS.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby discspeed » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:10 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:Somebody give me a quick comparison of proton -> eclipse -> neutron for the Anode, Axis and Vector. Thanks!!!!

Proton and Eclipse are the same. Neutron plastic feels faster with less glide. Besides that I find the Anodes to be identical in stability, N Axis have more HSS and LSS, N Vectors have less HSS and LSS.

Also, when buying MVP it is better to go through someplace that moves a lot of their discs because newer runs fly truer to their molds as a general rule.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby JimW » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Rocking the Amp/Volt/Shock combo as of today, working pretty well so far. I think I want to get my hands on one of those flippier Volts though because I'd like to have something between the regular Volt and the Amp in stability. At my power level the Volt is plenty workable but it would be nice to have one with a little more natural turn, though less so than the Amp.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby pask2155 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:54 pm

JimW wrote:Rocking the Amp/Volt/Shock combo as of today, working pretty well so far. I think I want to get my hands on one of those flippier Volts though because I'd like to have something between the regular Volt and the Amp in stability. At my power level the Volt is plenty workable but it would be nice to have one with a little more natural turn, though less so than the Amp.

If your looking for a flippy volt I have had a few and the best luck would be a lighter weight one. Like a 168-169...
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Can't wait until Powergrip gets a shipment of Tangents, hopefully there are pink ones in the mix (and pink Amps too, that'd complete the set).
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JimW » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:39 pm

I've got the driver set, Amp/Volt/Shock, all in the bright pink. It's great.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment