MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby Tim Red Beard » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:54 am

I just got 2 Orange ones 172's they are sweet, can't wait to go out and throw them, too bad I can't play till the end of MARCH!!! I'm going nuts!!
Visit my Sponsor Mr. Disc Golf--------> Mr. Disc Golf
Team Panthorn, Vibram Tester, NEFA# 1149 / PDGA# 40038
Tim Red Beard
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:31 pm
Location: Enfield, CT
Favorite Disc: Champ Teebird 172g

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby discgolfersdigest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey all you ION lovers out there just got one from the Maple Valley Plastics. Its really cold in Michigan right now but we are hoping to get out soon to test this baby out. Love the different plastics, really like the softer plastic on the edge, could be a knew thing for disc golf, we shall see. We will be testing this one out in a ton of different ways. So check the review out in the next week.

Matt Hatfield
http://www.discgolfersdigest.com
discgolfersdigest
Noob
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:10 pm
Favorite Disc: ion

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby ManU » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:55 pm

so what I'd like t know is when we'll see a driver overmold with a "base" plastic core for better glide/flight and a "premium" over mold for the wing for durability

assuming this would be possible

I went with "base" and "premium" cause I can't remember which was Proton plastic and which was Electron

I have been putting with the 166 First Run Ion and it is a very nice putter...easy to throw, smooth flight, doesn't drop too fast
would be a great disc for me in the 172 range
_______________________________________________________________
Starting to throw far(ther), putting improving
ManU
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:58 am
Location: Calgary, Canada
Favorite Disc: Orion LF

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:05 pm

ManU wrote:so what I'd like t know is when we'll see a driver overmold with a "base" plastic core for better glide/flight and a "premium" over mold for the wing for durability


Hmmm, I'd be interested to see that as well...
"I don't know who started it and I don't give a f***. The one thing I do know is that we did it harder, we did it faster, and we definitely did it with more love, baby. You can't take that away from us." - Stevo, SLC Punk
Mad Scientist
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:31 pm
Location: Saginaw, MI
Favorite Disc: Ridge

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby cmrichar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:24 pm

discgolfersdigest wrote:Hey all you ION lovers out there just got one from the Maple Valley Plastics. Its really cold in Michigan right now but we are hoping to get out soon to test this baby out. Love the different plastics, really like the softer plastic on the edge, could be a knew thing for disc golf, we shall see. We will be testing this one out in a ton of different ways. So check the review out in the next week.

Matt Hatfield
http://www.discgolfersdigest.com

Sweet! I am glad you like it so far, we are most definitely looking forward to more reviews. Keep up the good work!

ManU wrote:so what I'd like t know is when we'll see a driver overmold with a "base" plastic core for better glide/flight and a "premium" over mold for the wing for durability

That does sound like an interesting idea. New ideas are always into consideration especially down the road. Hard to say anything yet, but if things go the right way who knows!

ManU wrote:I have been putting with the 166 First Run Ion and it is a very nice putter...easy to throw, smooth flight, doesn't drop too fast
would be a great disc for me in the 172 range

Glad to hear you like it :) Our second runs were all mostly in the 170-175g range so you can contact BCR or start to look at our retailers for some of your preferred weights coming soon to their inventory!
Chad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
cmrichar
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby discgolfersdigest » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 pm

Took some pictures of the disc today, will be adding those to the site soon. Waiting for the snowing to stop a little so we can get out and play a few rounds. Partner and I played catch with it flew like a charm, dead straight. Next few days are supposed to be nice deff. be out playing for a few hours.
discgolfersdigest
Noob
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:10 pm
Favorite Disc: ion

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby cmrichar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:35 pm

discgolfersdigest wrote:Took some pictures of the disc today, will be adding those to the site soon. Waiting for the snowing to stop a little so we can get out and play a few rounds. Partner and I played catch with it flew like a charm, dead straight. Next few days are supposed to be nice deff. be out playing for a few hours.
Cool! We are looking forward to it!

I now have created a discussion thread on the PDGA boards!

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=33252

Please feel free to post your questions, comments, reviews, everything, on either or both of these threads! Your input is much appreciated as we would love to hear how you like your ION.

Thanks again
Chad
Chad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
cmrichar
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby Cali » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Hazy Shade just got in a batch along with some Halos.

Gonna go spend some money tomorrow.
Cali
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby tigel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:19 pm

Cali wrote:Hazy Shade just got in a batch along with some Halos.

Gonna go spend some money tomorrow.



Do you guys have an idea when your stiffer runs will be in regular production?
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby BCR-9er » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:45 pm

tigel wrote:Do you guys have an idea when your stiffer runs will be in regular production?


We do not know for sure how soon our next run will be. The next run we do will be a firmer run. It will probably be a few weeks before we do so. We will be sure to keep you updated when we start to run them.
Brad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
BCR-9er
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:29 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby tigel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:49 pm

BCR-9er wrote:
tigel wrote:Do you guys have an idea when your stiffer runs will be in regular production?


We do not know for sure how soon our next run will be. The next run we do will be a firmer run. It will probably be a few weeks before we do so. We will be sure to keep you updated when we start to run them.


not a problem, I can wait :)
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby BCR-9er » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:10 pm

The new run of Ions weigh 170-175g and come in five colors: blue, green, red, yellow, and peach. They may be purchased from a number of places including Marshall Street, Sun King, Gotta Go Gotta Throw, Disc Golf World, and more.

For those of you who have an ION, how do you like it so far?
Brad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
BCR-9er
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:29 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm loving my heavier orange and black Ion. It is less touchy than my 166 1st runs which I still use and holds pretty much any line to the ground. It compliments the VP very well to me.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby dgdave » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:33 pm

How do the heavies compare to a Summit?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: The Official ION Discussion Page

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:20 pm

I haven't thrown a summit in a while but the ion preforms more consistently at a wider range of speeds. The heavy one I have still requires good form to get it out past 240'.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests