MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Postby kern9787 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:37 pm

What colors are you seeing these in? I have two first runs, both orange. One is completely flat, one has a very minimal dome. Both have a higher PLH than either of my later run vectors. Of the two later run vectors I have, both have the same, moderate dome. The red is the lowest PLH of the four vectors I have, and is also the one I can throw straight and have it finish with a very minimal fade. The clear blue vector sits right between the red and the two first runs as far as PLH. I've thrown the blue vector maybe twice since I got it used, so can't say much about stability with it.

My midrange lineup is usually two vectors, one of the first runs and my red lower PLH one, two axes, one of my pink domey ones and one of the flat ones, and a GL fuse. My straight mid of the bunch is the pink domey axis, with my other axis being slightly less HSS and my red vector being slightly more HSS and LSS.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Later runs might well be overall less overstable (and from what I've read from discspeed suggests they are), but domey 1st runs were definitely way way overstable compared to flat 1st runs, no matter what the color. Flat was just more commonly found in orange.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:58 pm

kern9787 wrote:
I don't know if it holds true for all vectors, but the really flat first runs are pigs. Domier vectors, in my experience weren't quite as LSS and were more prevelant in the second run.

This actually gets pretty complicated...The FR Vectors, especially the earlier ones, had quite a bit of variation. Considering MVP's discs have 2 parting lines (overmold and core), and PLH is more important than dome for determining stability, I haven't found "dome" rules to hold completely true with any runs of MVP discs. I threw a lot of different FR Vectors, and some of the domiest are most stable(green), yet other very dome ones are not(clear). I also have thrown flat FRs that are pigs at all but the highest speeds and never did get one of the straighter flat ones that many posters mentioned at the time.

Long story short, here's my basic experience with Vector runs:

FR--These have the most variation, especially early on. The most overstable Vectors come from this run, but obviously they are not all that way.
2nd(and perhaps 3rd?) run--These have very uniform moderate domes from the ones I've seen and fly straight with a late fade on a hard and flat throw. They tend to glide a bit better than FRs imo.
Eclipse--These came out flatter than the 2nd runs, yet fly very similar to them imo.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby kern9787 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 pm

discspeed wrote:2nd(and perhaps 3rd?) run--These have very uniform moderate domes from the ones I've seen and fly straight with a late fade on a hard and flat throw. They tend to glide a bit better than FRs imo.

And these, imo, are the bread and butter vectors.
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Mike C » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:47 am

FWIW here's what I got goin on.

Axis: I have an orange FR with moderate dome, a dark green with moderate dome, and a bright green glow axis with moderate dome. All fly pretty neutral for the first 85-90% of the flight, then a little fade kicks in.

I have a lighter / faded green FR Axis that's flat, and a red glow Axis that's flat, and both fly neutral. They throw like a Buzz with Comet stability and I love them. They can take a power drive and fly low lines but they can also hold a dead straight line their entire flight. Most used mid.

I have 4 FR Vectors, all are pretty domey, and one is extremely domey. All fly pretty overstable, in between a Drone and fresh KC Roc.

I have 3 glow Vectors that are all flatter and fly straighter for longer before the fade kicks in, and the fade is more subtle. They fit nicely in between my FR Vectors and my domey Axis.

I find a use for all of them, but my most thrown mids are my two glow axis by far.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby mf100forever » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:48 am

The latest MVP putter "Anode" was approved yesterday by the PDGA.
Have anyone thrown it yet? How does it fly?
(disc-) gracefully yours, PDGA# 3418
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/english/index.aspx
mf100forever
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MF100

Postby Leopard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 pm

wwwwhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt??
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby kern9787 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:32 pm

mf100forever wrote:The latest MVP putter "Anode" was approved yesterday by the PDGA.
Have anyone thrown it yet? How does it fly?

Link?
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Leopard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:33 pm

it does not seem to have hit the PDGA site yet
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby mf100forever » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:29 am

(disc-) gracefully yours, PDGA# 3418
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/english/index.aspx
mf100forever
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MF100

Postby dgdave » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:13 pm

The next disc should be the catalyst. "It'll start the change in your game but it'll stay the same." ya know, since the article is really durable
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JR » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Leopard wrote:wwwwhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt??

Yup. Where's the fairway driver? Not that i'm not interested in seeing what they brewed up this time considering the great predecessor in putters.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Loop » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:53 am

I'm sorry if this subject has been discussed already, but...

Is MVP going to release any soft/grippier Vectors? Any idea? Or are the Eclipse Vectors softer, or grippier than the FR ones?
I'm guessing the one I had was a FR, since I bought it almost a year ago, can't be certain tho. But it was super slick, specially in sandy or moist conditions. And a bit too hard for my midrange taste.

A Vector and an Axis in that lovely, soft transparent Proton plastic would be dreaaamy!
P1|P2|rhy|MD2|roc3|FD|FB|TD|PD|PD2
Loop
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR D-P2

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 pm

You're not the only one who's been wanting soft mids for a while now.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Eclipse Axis and regular Axis are equally stiff. No joy there for you.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment