Banger GT

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Banger GT

Postby Risk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:00 am

Hey Banger GT experts how do they compare to Challengers and Voodoos. I Just say a Video on Discraft were a pro was making some sick up shots with it.

I really wish the search function was working.
Force - Z Nuke - Predator - Stalker - Buzzz - Fuse -Zone - Focus
Risk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: OLF

Re: Banger GT

Postby SkaBob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 am

in D plastic, pretty similar to a challenger, possibly a bit less overstable.

In soft plastic, less overstable than the challenger.

In ESP, noticably more overstable.

ESP is the way to go if you're using it as a driving/upshot disc.
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Risk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:40 am

Thank you and if I make the switch from Voodoo's it would be for both upshots and putting duties because only like carrying one putter mold.
Risk
Tree Magnet

Postby discspeed » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:50 am

I putted with the Banger for about 8 months when they came out because I really liked the GT grip for putting. I ended up shelving it due to its severe drop rate for putting. On a flat putt my Voodoos glide much better than the Banger. At the same weight the Banger feels like it weighs 10g more in terms of drop on a putt as my SS Voodoos. They also fade even on a putt if started with a touch of hyzer. When I putted with Bangers I would usually release with a touch of anny to get a flat putt. With my Voodoos I putt flat to very slight hyzer. I also make A LOT more long putts with the Voodoo than I did with the Banger and 30'ers are a lot less effort.

Although I love driving with my M Voodoos, I must say that the ESP Banger is the best premium plastic putter-driver I've ever used. I threw that thing 400' with a tailwind over a lake once and could regularly throw it 340-350'. I've never been able to throw any other type of putter that far. It was a little overstable for shorter putter drives though.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby SkaBob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:03 am

I agree with discspeed about the longer putts. I was putting with soft bangers for a while, and as you get farther away from the pin, you really have to start throwing it up and away from the pin to get it to go in. I prefer going right at the chains, so I switched to the soft APX and use that for putts and drives now.

I have yet to see a putter with as much glide as the APX.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:07 am

SkaBob wrote:I agree with discspeed about the longer putts. I was putting with soft bangers for a while, and as you get farther away from the pin, you really have to start throwing it up and away from the pin to get it to go in. I prefer going right at the chains, so I switched to the soft APX and use that for putts and drives now.

I have yet to see a putter with as much glide as the APX.

seasoned Magnet is up there but yeah the APX does hang in the air nicely. if they made em in any plastic thats not shitty i would probly carry one
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Risk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks to all the quick response it's been really insightfull and it looks like I won't be switching out my Voodoos anytime soon.
Risk
Tree Magnet

Postby SkaBob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:42 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:the APX does hang in the air nicely. if they made em in any plastic thats not shitty i would probly carry one

Ah, but they DO!

You want the super bright day-glow flourescent yellow.

That color APX, at least at max weight, has firmness and stability that I haven't seen in any other new APX.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Postby Danforth » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:54 pm

discspeed wrote: I must say that the ESP Banger is the best premium plastic putter-driver I've ever used. I threw that thing 400' with a tailwind over a lake once and could regularly throw it 340-350'.

Was that before or after you juiced up with 'roids? :wink: :lol:
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Postby discspeed » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Danforth wrote:
discspeed wrote: I must say that the ESP Banger is the best premium plastic putter-driver I've ever used. I threw that thing 400' with a tailwind over a lake once and could regularly throw it 340-350'.

Was that before or after you juiced up with 'roids? :wink: :lol:

It was just that long...It glided high really well with enough stability to really lay into. For reference I've never thrown any other putters more than about 325' except with hard tailwinds.
discspeed

Postby Danforth » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:07 pm

I threw Banger GT's for a few months, and could never get them consistantly past 250.

Do you think a combo of Meth and Smack would help my D? :D

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby discspeed » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Danforth wrote:I threw Banger GT's for a few months, and could never get them consistantly past 250.

Did you try the ESP? The D's didn't glide worth shit.
discspeed

Postby Danforth » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:14 pm

discspeed wrote:
Danforth wrote:I threw Banger GT's for a few months, and could never get them consistantly past 250.

Did you try the ESP? The D's didn't glide worth shit.

Yeah, it was ESP 170g with a Pin High '07 tourney stamp.

Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:25 am

Necro bumping this thread because i got a soft 170-172 for better protection against slips with my usually super light grip in putting. I managed to have slips with this one too in the cool weather :-( So i needed to use a little finger pressure but it doesn't seem to be a problem now. It was windy so i didn't see terrible lack of glide. Actually it held the height pretty well and was surprisingly straight. It has some signs of wear from the first session and i haven't driven with it yet only say 100' and in.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby money 21 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:23 pm

i always liked to throw the bangers but never liked to putt with them the just drop so fast.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Next

Return to Equipment