Banger GT

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Banger GT

Postby JR » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 am

I played a round today with only a little wind and the soft D Banger still glid well. I don't think that the max 5 grams difference to a max weighter explains the difference because this baby is rivaling and only losing a little to soft APXs. The 168 soft APX i have is way more durable though. Still under 100' approaches on a rocky course produced a lot more scarring. For most this would be a no no because some dings aren't merely visual. For an anti slip putting putter moon face craters are nice for added grip. I haven't thrown ESP Bangers are those glideless or were older soft Bangers (cough) glideless too? At least mine in that weight ain't any more it's had a blue pill treatment and my pants have minor levitation too :-D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Necro bump......there are some very special Bangers on GGGT right now. Get'em while they're hot. Search for Banger GT from home page.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:39 pm

I see that they have become available elsewhere as well. I got (2) Zs and (2) FLX Zs. All max weight, all blue. The Zs are stable to flippy, I would say comparable to a 170 Soft X. The FLXs are slightly more overstable, but not as overstable as a max weight Soft X. And neither is anywhere near as overstable as an ESP. Pity. They all have more dome, or height than what I was expecting. I have one of the FLXs with a liter bottle of water sitting on it. Perhaps if it flattens out a bit it will be more overstable in a bit. Hope springs eternal.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby dgdave » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Damn. That blows. I was thinking about getting one or two, but probably not now.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:33 am

man how you gonna roll like the DC? I want them to be old school Z banger overstable.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby juju » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 am

Second+ runs of their limited stuff always suck.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Previous

Return to Equipment