pure(ly) awesome

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby PMantle » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:02 am

keltik wrote:get an Opto. It is a damn fine driving and approach putter.

anyone else not really loving the shape of the recycled Pures?

What plastic for just putting?
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:22 am

I prefer Zero Hard cause I like stiff putters, normal Zero is probably good as well.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Postby riltim » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 am

I found two 176g EZE Pures in my shed and decided to give them a few tosses at my practice basket. Its safe to say my wizards are now riding the pine. They feel so good in my hand and my putting is far more consistant with the shallow rim.
SOLF | Q/JLS | Buzzz | Comet | Wizard
riltim
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby PMantle » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:44 am

I was shocked to see how similar my Pure is to my Zone. Will simplify my approaches using those two.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby tbird888 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 am

keltik wrote:anyone else not really loving the shape of the recycled Pures?

I'm not at all. I was hoping they would be on the flatter side like the Optos.
tbird888
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby keltik » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:58 am

I've been using EZE or TM2 for straight putting. I also haven't bought any plastic in the last few months so I haven't gotten a hold of any ZH. Original Zero was kinda mushy. I like it for winter time.

Speaking of the Recycled Pures they remind me of some of the Grip Pures from back in the day. oddly my only ace is from a domey grip Pure.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:44 pm

keltik wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:Speaking of the Pure, while I still love it to death... I'm really starting to appreciate the Prodigy PA2 as a back up or dare I even say "replacement" to the slot the Pure fills in my bag. Blasphemy, I know. Also, the Mercy is an amazing putter and slower approach disc that really compliments the Pure. That is all.

you shut your mouth when you talk to me like that!!!

I do miss that Mercy that I lost.... I am also still very in love with the pure.

lololololol :lol:

Pure's are still straighter, but the PA2 can take more high speed torque without turning. The trade off there though is that the PA2 also dumps waaaaay earlier than the Pure does. I really do think they compliment each other pretty well off the tee. One for slightly windier conditions and one for pinpoint wooded accuracy.

The Mercy though... omg what a putter.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby sunspot » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:23 pm

I've gotten better as putter I'm sure, but I've been killing it with the pure on long putts.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby andrew » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Needed a stable to slightly understable putter that won't fade (much) out of an anny line because I keep throwing my Fuse past everything but my Opto Pure always fades out and so looked through used bins today and bought a 7/10 176g Grip Pure for $4 thinking I already bag a 176g Opto Pure and since this is some nice feeling, baseline plastic maybe it has some turn... well I threw it three times and all three throws were straight with a very slight turn and no fade... Dropped 10 feet from the basket on a short but highly technical downhill (#6 at Shaver in CR, IA) and the third shot hit the basket on a, uh, I don't know 285'ish (marked 300' but I doubt it) slightly anny, slightly downhill (#14).

Sooooo, I go to find more Grip Pures and these things are freaking OOP, aren't they? Oy vey.
Wizards/Pures/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebird/Predator/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

pure(ly) awesome

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Depending on what kind of "feel" you want, a soft or hard Zero Pure would work well.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby PMantle » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Using my Pure for that currently, but nothing I've used worked as well as a soft Magnet. Swan on the way from a recent purchase.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby discmonkey42 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:08 pm

I use a zero hard pure and it has exactly the same flight you describe. Love the way that plastic feels too.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby PMantle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:06 am

Does flashing on the parting line affect flight in any particular way? I'd like more turn out of my opto.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:23 pm

PMantle wrote:Does flashing on the parting line affect flight in any particular way? I'd like more turn out of my opto.

Maybe? But not like flashing on the bottom. I really doubt it, unless it's severe.

If you want more turn, get a Zero, hard or soft...or the old Zero - which is what I use for turnover shots.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby PMantle » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:49 am

Fightingthetide wrote:
PMantle wrote:Does flashing on the parting line affect flight in any particular way? I'd like more turn out of my opto.

Maybe? But not like flashing on the bottom. I really doubt it, unless it's severe.

If you want more turn, get a Zero, hard or soft...or the old Zero - which is what I use for turnover shots.

Waiting to see what a BT Swan does. If that isn't what i want, I'll look into those Pures. Thanks.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment