Is there a weak point in my bag?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Is there a weak point in my bag?

Postby K-Dog 19 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:56 am

Do you think my bag needes modifications :?: And if it does, what discs do you think I should get? :?

Drivers- 170g ESP Pulse, 174g Z Predator, 170-175g E Inferno, 167g Star SL, 172g Star TL, 150g dx Dragon, Wham-O under (Beat to death). mid-range and putters- 170g dx Hydra, 174-175 E Wizard, 178g X Buzzz, 175 dx Gremlin, 175 S Demon, 167g Star Stingray.
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: First X Avenger ever

Postby Weebl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:11 am

Your mids are overlapping quite a bit. depending on stage of wear, I've never liked star stingrays as they quite frankly suck compaired to DX stingrays or other molds in DX. The Hydra, Buzz, Gremlin and Stingray all overlap if you're looking for 1 or 2 molds to have for mids with multiples in different stages of wear then I suggest an Element-X, Wasp, Roc or Gremlin (if you have access to more DX Gremlins that is). For Drivers I dont know how to perceive your bag and throwing ability. If you can throw your SL at least 350' then I would get rid of the dragon and I dont know if I know what the Wham-o under is... If you can only throw your SL <300' then keep the dragon, and then ditch the pulse, predator, SL, Inferno and maybe the TL. With more input others will be able to give you a mroe accurate critique of your bag.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby koronin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:31 am

Weebl wrote:I've never liked star stingrays as they quite frankly suck compaired to DX stingrays or other molds in DX.

Did you have a hard time turning it over or rolling it? I have a pretty good and beat up one but it's a 150 class and I was thinking of replacing it with a heavier one and considered getting the star mold.

Cheers,
Jeff
--

PDGA: 31525
Aces:
11/18/2006 - Burke Lake Park #5 (150 ch Leopard)
12/30/2006 - Pohick Virginia #17 (168 DX Stingray)
05/19/2007 - Burke Lake Park #1, Long (180 Ch Stingray)
koronin
Tree Magnet

Re: Is there a weak point in my bag?

Postby garublador » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:46 am

K-Dog 19 wrote:Do you think my bag needes modifications :?: And if it does, what discs do you think I should get? :?

Drivers- 170g ESP Pulse, 174g Z Predator, 170-175g E Inferno, 167g Star SL, 172g Star TL, 150g dx Dragon, Wham-O under (Beat to death). mid-range and putters- 170g dx Hydra, 174-175 E Wizard, 178g X Buzzz, 175 dx Gremlin, 175 S Demon, 167g Star Stingray.

There is quite a bit of overlap in most places, except for the putter. ;)

Here's what I'd do:

Drivers:
Z Pred
Inferno OR SL
TL

Mid:
Buzzz

Putter:
Wizard

Play with just those discs for a while and see what happens.
Last edited by garublador on Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:31 am

Yeah you might find that your game will get better once you narrow your bag down a bit with such a wide selection of discs.
I used to carry around an Innova Tour bag with around 20-25 discs.. Then i decided to pin my game down and get a smaller mid-sized bag.
Got a bag with 2 accordian style holdsters with 6 slots each.
So my bag now consists of 12 discs in the slots, 2 others on the side, and 2 putters up front.

I narrowed my game down to what i consistantly threw, and dropped 3-4 strokes just from doin it.
I knew I could control Orcs really well, so I kept 2 orcs... one 167 and a 173. Same with 2 firebirds, 2 starfires, Roc, and the rest is a mixed bag of drivers that do several different things.
But Im glad i went down to about 4 different main drivers, 1 main mid, and 2-3 Special Ops discs.....
So just analyze what you throw, what you know, and what you throw well... The thing that turned on the lightbulb in my head was when i realized I was carrying a light beast in my bag for a single shot on a course.. And it was the only time i would even think about pulling it out of my bag. You gotta break out of that habit, and it'll better your game so much when you get rid of the overlapping discs.

Im not saying that you carry 40 discs and are overdoin it. Im just sayin that once you get rid of those grey areas and get your selection down to just what you truely need... your game will start to pick up one notch at a time.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Weebl » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:13 am

koronin wrote:
Weebl wrote:I've never liked star stingrays as they quite frankly suck compaired to DX stingrays or other molds in DX.

Did you have a hard time turning it over or rolling it? I have a pretty good and beat up one but it's a 150 class and I was thinking of replacing it with a heavier one and considered getting the star mold.

Cheers,
Jeff

They dont fly as nicely... more stable and not as predictable.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:29 pm

/agree garu, except the surge probaby still has a place as the type 4 driver.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby dscglfgeo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:35 pm

garublador wrote:There is quite a bit of overlap in most places, except for the putter. ;)

Here's what I'd do:

Drivers:
Z Pred
Inferno OR SL
TL

Mid:
Buzzz

Putter:
Wizard

I agree for the most part here except I don't like the SL and don't know the Inferno. I like the Flash as a good all around driver.
PDGA# 23933
Live life to the fullest you never know when it's going to end.
dscglfgeo
Noob

Postby Timko » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:51 pm

dscglfgeo wrote:
garublador wrote:There is quite a bit of overlap in most places, except for the putter. ;)

Here's what I'd do:

Drivers:
Z Pred
Inferno OR SL
TL

Mid:
Buzzz

Putter:
Wizard

I agree for the most part here except I don't like the SL and don't know the Inferno. I like the Flash as a good all around driver.

Either way, the flash and SL fill the same type of role in the bag. If you throw a lot of sidearm, the S Demon is a nice overstable mid to leave in bag as well.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Return to Equipment