"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Voodoo disc golf bags

Postby jsun3thousand » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:45 pm

Roc Lover wrote: I would think that a revo sponsorship for these big namers would have a bit more in the way of money and tourney entries etc than a new company could offer right away. (thread high jack comensicon)

From what I heard, a revolution sponsorship is just a free bag. I don't know what these new companies are offering but everyone seems to be jumping off the revolution ship.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Leopard » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:50 pm

dgdave wrote:Really? Any reason given?

nope, and none asked :)
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Leopard » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Roc Lover wrote:I would think that a revo sponsorship for these big namers would have a bit more in the way of money and tourney entries etc than a new company could offer right away. (thread high jack comensicon)

lawlz, no :lol:
they are big-timers if they get *money* (not a box of shit to sell) from their MAIN (disc brand) sponsors

most sponsorships are free shit
big sponsorships include free shit to sell
god-tier sponsorships dip their toe into currency, entries, and bonuses
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Postby Pwingles » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Leopard wrote:
Roc Lover wrote:I would think that a revo sponsorship for these big namers would have a bit more in the way of money and tourney entries etc than a new company could offer right away. (thread high jack comensicon)

lawlz, no :lol:
they are big-timers if they get *money* (not a box of shit to sell) from their MAIN (disc brand) sponsors

most sponsorships are free shit
big sponsorships include free shit to sell
god-tier sponsorships dip their toe into currency, entries, and bonuses

wouldnt you think that Feldy and Jenkins would fall into the God tier sponsorship or is that spot pretty much reserved for Kenny and should be renamed?
I guess i mis spoke when i said money, i meant like paying for travel, hotels, entries, or stuff like that

obv theyre not footing the whole bill for stuff like that, but they would certainly have a budget for stuff like that for people they sponsor right?
Last edited by Pwingles on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby jsun3thousand » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:56 pm

after owning a carolina, i never understood why people got so excited about them. it's a glorified heavy-duty duffel bag with massive, black hole pockets. the fact they won't alter the drink holders is just silly. the frame break easily and it wears through the bottom. it's heavy-duty so it will last, except for the frame and the bottom, but its not that great of a design.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Leopard » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Roc Lover wrote:wouldnt you think that Feldy and Jenkins would fall into the God tier sponsorship or is that spot pretty much reserved for Kenny and should be renamed?
I guess i mis spoke when i said money, i meant like paying for travel, hotels, entries, or stuff like that

obv theyre not footing the whole bill for stuff like that, but they would certainly have a budget for stuff like that for people they sponsor right?

nah :)
free shit is just about the best they get

their "sponsorship budget" is free bags and maybe some branded performance wear. they spend way more than that amount on ads and promos that feature the sponsored player endorsing the product.

what millennium gave to players for a whole year (in product to sell) was less than one full-page ad cost.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Postby Pwingles » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:19 pm

I have a friend who is sponsored by Innova, (yes im aware innova and revo are hard to compare) But they pay for entries and send him like 75 discs a year in addition to clothes and other schwag i guess i was just assuming a well known bag company at or near the top of quality of product standards for what they do to be a little less stingy with the people who are pimping their stuff daily
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Leopard » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:32 pm

there are a lot of different sponsorship levels for the various big companies, Innova being by far the biggest company out there

smaller disc brands and equipment brands have much weaker sponsorships. i'd think dropping Revo would have almost no impact on their sponsored players.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:44 pm

jsun3thousand wrote:after owning a carolina, i never understood why people got so excited about them. it's a glorified heavy-duty duffel bag with massive, black hole pockets. the fact they won't alter the drink holders is just silly. the frame break easily and it wears through the bottom. it's heavy-duty so it will last, except for the frame and the bottom, but its not that great of a design.

I agree with this.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby emiller3 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:54 pm

I wanna know more about that Mojo bag.

1. Price
2. What does it take to get 18 discs in there (all drivers?)
3. What is the storage like compared to the Chimp
4. Does that putter pocket fit 2 putters easily

Edit: 5. What's the frame like
Last edited by emiller3 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
jsun3thousand wrote:after owning a carolina, i never understood why people got so excited about them. it's a glorified heavy-duty duffel bag with massive, black hole pockets. the fact they won't alter the drink holders is just silly. the frame break easily and it wears through the bottom. it's heavy-duty so it will last, except for the frame and the bottom, but its not that great of a design.

I agree with this.

Me too but being a GB owner for most of my DG career, I have been pretty jealous of my buddies stuffing hoodies / rain jackets in their revo bags.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:03 pm

emiller3 wrote:I wanna know more about that Mojo bag.

1. Price
2. What does it take to get 18 discs in there (all drivers?)
3. What is the storage like compared to the Chimp
4. Does that putter pocket fit 2 putters easily

yip...sums it up
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby rusch_bag » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:

I agree with this.

I agree as well. If I had more money I would get something else, but I don't so I will stick with it till I need something new.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby emiller3 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:36 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:Me too but being a GB owner for most of my DG career, I have been pretty jealous of my buddies stuffing hoodies / rain jackets in their revo bags.

I can fit a hoodie, but only because I carry less than 14 discs. A GB Chimp with expandable pockets is my dream bag, but I'd settle for a "Chimp" with slightly bigger pockets (maybe that's the Mojo.)
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment