New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Postby what'shisname » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Jeronimo wrote:11th round (with Hoey) and I've got a tear between the quiver pocket and the other pocket on the top. That didn't take long...

Just to clarify. That is the first run, correct? Have you been in touch with J@? Is he sending out a replacement?
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby what'shisname » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:55 pm

zj1002 wrote:told last week it was shipping

never got confirmation

sent two emails asking about it

he clams on Facebook that everything is wrapping up for 1st run replacements and he is about to do pre-orders

He needs someone else to organize his company because he really doesnt understand that most of his business will be non-pros. If he isn't available to answer email because he is touring, then he shouldn't be the one who is responding to customers. Most of the advertising I see is focused on getting these in the hands of pros and people who play in A Tiers and NT events.

This is what's bugging me more than everything else at this point. He's prioritizing getting them out to the Pro's, over providing the finished bags as fast as fucking possible to those that have already shelled out the cash. I was curios on the second run timeline here thinking back so I just went and had a look...

Jan. 21st, 2011 - DGR-
what'shisname wrote:Man, what the hell is wrong with me? Just pulled the trigger on one that I won't see until March. (hopefully, ha!) I really like my siman already but there some stuff about this bag that really intrigues me. Definitely don't need them both though so one of them will be up for sale within a month or so of tryouts.
(We were looking at a beginning of March ETA at the time I pulled the trigger, FYI)

Posted March 21 2011 - gripeq.com - We cannot release an arrival date yet but it will be this Spring... soon.

Posted March 29 2011 - gripeq.com - The straight talk as of today is that we are scrapping the first run and moving right into a revised second build. Our firm deadline to have this product available is May 31... but we even intend to beat that.

Posted May 24 2011 - gripeq.com - We are on-time and our first shipment will be done by the 31st!

Posted June 23 2011 - gripeq.com - put us back a couple of weeks, but this is nothing even approaching the delays we experienced last year.

hahaha.... yeeeeeeaah. :|
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:28 pm

what'shisname wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:11th round (with Hoey) and I've got a tear between the quiver pocket and the other pocket on the top. That didn't take long...

Just to clarify. That is the first run, correct? Have you been in touch with J@? Is he sending out a replacement?

Yes.
No.
No (by extension of the 2nd question).

I won't bother him for a replacement unless it becomes a hindrance in it's use. I frequently put myself in the shoes of the manufacturer and as such I refuse to be the "demon" customer that whines about the stupidest shit and demands a refund/replacement. I'm one of the guys that buys Salomon shoes and does NOT take advantage of the warranty because I know that I destroyed the shoe and it wasn't Salomons fault. Call it silly idealism but I want to believe in things like Lifetime Guarantee's that are there when you NEED them, not there for when you want something new. Obviously greedy companies ruin these guarantee's but frequently so do abusive customers.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Apothecary » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:32 pm

thats dumb. a high-end bag shouldnt be ripping after 11 rounds. if im paying that much for a bag, i expect durable construction and design and will hold them to their word. you must be made out of money.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby veganray » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Apothecary wrote:thats dumb. a high-end bag shouldnt be ripping after 11 rounds. if im paying that much for a bag, i expect durable construction and design and will hold them to their word. you must be made out of a heady mix of compressed chicken byproducts & vag-flesh.

FTFY
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Apothecary wrote:thats dumb. a high-end bag shouldnt be ripping after 11 rounds. if im paying that much for a bag, i expect durable construction and design and will hold them to their word. you must be made out of money.

It's functionally sound for now. To demand a replacement at this point would be avaricious. When it ceases to function reasonably to my expectations then I will pursue Jasons lifetime guarantee.

Nope, not made of money.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Looking more and more likely that I'll buy one at the EO. I was aiming for a Dual Pack, but seeing as they're getting next to impossible to find, would require a tiny bit of modding, most likely be less comfortable and actually wouldn't be that much cheaper over here, a 2nd run Grip just keeps sounding better. Factor in my collecting tendencies and love for special editions, I'm most likely going to be rocking a Team EU bag starting next week.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Robin Hood » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Got my replacement bag today. looks as if it is going to be a much more solid, stronger bag. Only time will tell though.
Force/Tracker/Hornet/Buzzz/Comet/Zone/Challenger
Robin Hood
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby zj1002 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 pm

those that got replacement bags this week. did you get any sort of confirmation that it was being shipped and/or tracking #?
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby chucka » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:20 am

zj1002 wrote:those that got replacement bags this week. did you get any sort of confirmation that it was being shipped and/or tracking #?

Got the email last week asking my shirt size then yesterday I got home from work and it was on my porch. Had no idea.
chucka
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Wraith

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:04 am

Same here. I actually sent J@ an email at work asking if I should have a tracking number and when I got home it was there. Another upside is the shirt feels really nice for just a cotton shirt.
Force/Tracker/Hornet/Buzzz/Comet/Zone/Challenger
Robin Hood
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby what'shisname » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:33 am

what'shisname wrote:
zj1002 wrote:told last week it was shipping

never got confirmation

sent two emails asking about it

he clams on Facebook that everything is wrapping up for 1st run replacements and he is about to do pre-orders

He needs someone else to organize his company because he really doesnt understand that most of his business will be non-pros. If he isn't available to answer email because he is touring, then he shouldn't be the one who is responding to customers. Most of the advertising I see is focused on getting these in the hands of pros and people who play in A Tiers and NT events.

This is what's bugging me more than everything else at this point. He's prioritizing getting them out to the Pro's, over providing the finished bags as fast as fucking possible to those that have already shelled out the cash. I was curios on the second run timeline here thinking back so I just went and had a look...

Jan. 21st, 2011 - DGR-
what'shisname wrote:Man, what the hell is wrong with me? Just pulled the trigger on one that I won't see until March. (hopefully, ha!) I really like my siman already but there some stuff about this bag that really intrigues me. Definitely don't need them both though so one of them will be up for sale within a month or so of tryouts.
(We were looking at a beginning of March ETA at the time I pulled the trigger, FYI)

Posted March 21 2011 - gripeq.com - We cannot release an arrival date yet but it will be this Spring... soon.

Posted March 29 2011 - gripeq.com - The straight talk as of today is that we are scrapping the first run and moving right into a revised second build. Our firm deadline to have this product available is May 31... but we even intend to beat that.

Posted May 24 2011 - gripeq.com - We are on-time and our first shipment will be done by the 31st!

Posted June 23 2011 - gripeq.com - put us back a couple of weeks, but this is nothing even approaching the delays we experienced last year.

hahaha.... yeeeeeeaah. :|

Posted July 12 2011 - gripeq.com - All of those preorders are going out next week as we begin to service the waiting list and kick things off with 20 bags up for grabs at the Am Worlds Flymart!
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Booter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 am

So instead of sending those 20 bags to people whove been waiting for several months,the people at worlds get to buy it first? What a joke.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby jsun3thousand » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Booter wrote:So instead of sending those 20 bags to people whove been waiting for several months,the people at worlds get to buy it first? What a joke.

Posted July 12 2011 - gripeq.com - All of those preorders are going out next week as we begin to service the waiting list and kick things off with 20 bags up for grabs at the Am Worlds Flymart!
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Solbo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Just removed myself from the waitlist, went with the Mystery Ranch instead, will be at my house in 4-5 weeks. Super good service and prompt up there in Montana.
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment