New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Postby Pironix » Fri May 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Looks awesome! I knew he had been working on a design for awhile from talking to him about it at GBO last year, but didn't know it had made it into production....
Pironix
Noob

Postby jnecessary » Mon May 24, 2010 1:20 pm

I might just have to pre-order one of these :)
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: New Bag Company Coming

Postby sunspot » Mon May 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Timko wrote:I got told the price is around $160. It's being manufactured and co-designed by an existing bag company. I didn't ask Justin who, but it sure looks a whole like the manufacturing on my Tom Bihn.

I'm a shorter guy (5'4"), and the bag fit very nicely. It rode high on my back, which is something very, very important to me for long tournament days.

That putter pocket zips on the top. It's one of the coolest features of the whole bag. The chair also fits nicely in the side.

I like the fact that it will ride high on your back. The one thing that I think that is bothersome with current disc bags is that they are near the lower spine, possibly making the back unnecessarily sore.

The bag looks solid. I might have to pick one up.

On a side note, I found a Wal-Mart backpack that fits two putters on the outside pocket very nicely. I'm going to build a internal frame to hold the discs. Currently, I'm using a magazine holder to hold my discs.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:29 pm

sshhhhhhh, dont tell Chris but i'll probly be selling my Sim and buying one of these
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby some call me...tim? » Mon May 24, 2010 4:48 pm

I might do the same. Or possibly keep the Sim for tourney rounds. It's a tough call, the Sim can feel like too much bag a lot of the time, but man, it's nice to have a seat whenever you want it.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby gorillaboy » Mon May 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:sshhhhhhh, dont tell Chris but i'll probly be selling my Sim and buying one of these

to late....HAHAHAHA

ok as you were now...
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:27 pm

busted, oh shi-
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:30 pm

some call me...tim? wrote:I might do the same. Or possibly keep the Sim for tourney rounds. It's a tough call, the Sim can feel like too much bag a lot of the time, but man, it's nice to have a seat whenever you want it.

yeah im on the fence too, the Sim is the ultimate tourney bag but in most minis or casual rounds i just dont stop and wait for long enough to make sitting down worth it........may keep it and get one of these anyway
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby Timko » Tue May 25, 2010 9:33 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:
some call me...tim? wrote:I might do the same. Or possibly keep the Sim for tourney rounds. It's a tough call, the Sim can feel like too much bag a lot of the time, but man, it's nice to have a seat whenever you want it.

yeah im on the fence too, the Sim is the ultimate tourney bag but in most minis or casual rounds i just dont stop and wait for long enough to make sitting down worth it........may keep it and get one of these anyway

That's where I got into trouble. I'm playing less tournament golf this year and more casual, and my Spider Monkey has done me very well. And we have benches on nearly all the courses I play in KC, so I've always got a place to sit.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Eric O » Tue May 25, 2010 9:52 am

The bag looks promising. Looking forward to more specs and info as it becomes available. Saw AJ practicing for the fling at milo yesterday. Would have asked to check out the bag if I had looked at this topic beforehand.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Thu May 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Here's some more information for folks:

• The bottom and body of the bag are made of 1680d nylon (TOUGH!).
    • The seams are tough, too, double stitched where they need it.
    • The straps are built in and were designed by our developer who has been designing high end backpacking packs for many years--they are a major contributing factor, combined with the weight distribution and back padding, to its incredible comfort and lightness on your back.
    • We believe in this product so much that it will come with a lifetime warranty protecting against defects in materials and craftsmanship.

We are working hard toward a mid-summer release with a pre sale process to begin in the next couple of weeks. Pre sale customers will be the FIRST to receive their bags when we get our inventory.

At the outset, we will exclusively be offering these for direct sale to customers. But we will ultimately be working to get these available for wholesale to retailers and clubs.

Send an email to justin@grip-equipment.net to get on the email list and be notified when we have more specifics nailed down and are accepting pre orders!
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Booter » Thu May 27, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm already on that list. I ant wait to get one. The bag sounds and loks so badass. That rainfly makes fade gears rainfly look like a trash bag
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:49 pm

yep im pretty sold
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby niuvalleycane » Thu May 27, 2010 5:16 pm

what kind of zippers are we looking at? If they're stud i may have to have on of these. 8)
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Eric O » Fri May 28, 2010 10:27 am

Timko wrote:Send an email to justin@grip-equipment.net to get on the email list and be notified when we have more specifics nailed down and are accepting pre orders![/list]
Thank you. Just sent Justin an email.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment