Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Fuse

Postby discspeed » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:42 am

BrotherDave wrote:Anyone noticed if any particular color of the GLs are better than others? I'm thinking about picking up a max weight pink one.

Almost every disc I try and like has me wondering about all runs, colors, weights, variations, etc, etc. The GL Fuse is one of the first discs in which I liked my first one so much I haven't even been curious about others. Mine is an orange 177. That being said, when we get out Lat64 shipment in I might have to try some pretty colors. I know the baby poop yellow ones are ugly (We've got like a dozen left if anyone wants some baby poop).
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Dag » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:53 am

discspeed wrote:Almost every disc I try and like has me wondering about all runs, colors, weights, variations, etc, etc. The GL Fuse is one of the first discs in which I liked my first one so much I haven't even been curious about others. Mine is an orange 177. That being said, when we get out Lat64 shipment in I might have to try some pretty colors. I know the baby poop yellow ones are ugly (We've got like a dozen left if anyone wants some baby poop).

Beauty's in the eye... You're seeing baby poop yellow and I'm seeing a Chinese mustard yellow that makes me hungry for some stir fry. That pretty yellow Fuse gave me one of the few high points of an otherwise mediocre tournament performance this past weekend. 160' shallow hyzer from an open tee into a wooded fairway turning over to float through a <20' wide gap to the right, then stalling and gently fading left again to drop within 20' of the pin. I blew the putt, it was that kinda day, but still had a good glow from the shot. I've been enjoying a two Fuse pairing in my bag, the 177g yellow GL on primary duty with a 165g mango Opto for touchy feely floaty forest faerie shots.
...there was a time when you were taught to find the best disc for you, not the best disc for your situation on the course, which is how they are sold now. IMO, the flight charts are basically there to point out all the stuff you dont have in your bag and why you suck.

Chase Roberts
Dag
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Discworld

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Dag wrote:
discspeed wrote:Almost every disc I try and like has me wondering about all runs, colors, weights, variations, etc, etc. The GL Fuse is one of the first discs in which I liked my first one so much I haven't even been curious about others. Mine is an orange 177. That being said, when we get out Lat64 shipment in I might have to try some pretty colors. I know the baby poop yellow ones are ugly (We've got like a dozen left if anyone wants some baby poop).

Beauty's in the eye... You're seeing baby poop yellow and I'm seeing a Chinese mustard yellow that makes me hungry for some stir fry. That pretty yellow Fuse gave me one of the few high points of an otherwise mediocre tournament performance this past weekend. 160' shallow hyzer from an open tee into a wooded fairway turning over to float through a <20' wide gap to the right, then stalling and gently fading left again to drop within 20' of the pin. I blew the putt, it was that kinda day, but still had a good glow from the shot. I've been enjoying a two Fuse pairing in my bag, the 177g yellow GL on primary duty with a 165g mango Opto for touchy feely floaty forest faerie shots.

While you guys are seeing baby shit and spicy mustard I'm seeing.......nothing, cuz those fuckin things are the exact color of dry grass, I took mine out of the bag till winter after several hunting sessions over the summer
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Dag » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:59 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:While you guys are seeing baby shit and spicy mustard I'm seeing.......nothing, cuz those fuckin things are the exact color of dry grass, I took mine out of the bag till winter after several hunting sessions over the summer

Meh. Just wait until the next brushfire. That yellow will show up nicely against a blackened background.
...there was a time when you were taught to find the best disc for you, not the best disc for your situation on the course, which is how they are sold now. IMO, the flight charts are basically there to point out all the stuff you dont have in your bag and why you suck.

Chase Roberts
Dag
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Discworld

Postby kern9787 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:53 am

Is there anything to look for regarding stability of the Fuses (i.e. dome/PLH affecting stability as drastic as rivers/strikers)? Or have they been pretty consistent thus far?
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:35 am

Pretty consistent from what I've seen. I've seen one super domey Opto that was a tad less HSS than the others I've seen, but nothing drastic.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby DsmDisc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:35 pm

jubuttib wrote:Pretty consistent from what I've seen. I've seen one super domey Opto that was a tad less HSS than the others I've seen, but nothing drastic.

Let's hope it stays that way. I don't have the cash to stock up on them at the moment, so they better not change. Between this and my Roc's, I don't see any changes in my mids anywhere in the near future!
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
Eagle | Teebird | Firebird
Archon | Pro Wraith | Destroyer
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 06 Augusta Wraith

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:19 am

I posted in the Lat thread that I purchased several Lat discs from Marshall Street yesterday.....The only Lat disc I have left over from my dabbling in the past is a 176 Opto Fuse...I have been taking it out for a couple of days to re-acquaint myself with it....

Problem...

I have good form. I can throw comets succesfully (long, accurate) without complaining that the disc is the problem. The difficulty I am having is that my fuse is considerably less HSS than my comets....I am trying to pull back on the distance with the fuse and figure it out with the shorter distances, but with the opto plastic and the heavier weight I am wondering whether I should try another plastic or weight....any input?
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby JR » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:24 am

I can't say from experience which is more HSS GL or Opto but my GL Fuse is a little more HSS than my Z 178 Comet. Latitude makes discs in widely differing dome heights and sometimes varying parting line heights so it may be just the individual discs we have. Which makes for difficult shopping. So your best bet is to loan a different Fuse.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:51 am

does the GL have a dome or does it just have some shoulder to it and then flatten out?
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby discspeed » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:05 am

Tossin' in Memphis wrote:does the GL have a dome or does it just have some shoulder to it and then flatten out?

It varies disc to disc.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Ryan C » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Tossin' in Memphis wrote:I posted in the Lat thread that I purchased several Lat discs from Marshall Street yesterday.....The only Lat disc I have left over from my dabbling in the past is a 176 Opto Fuse...I have been taking it out for a couple of days to re-acquaint myself with it....

Problem...

I have good form. I can throw comets succesfully (long, accurate) without complaining that the disc is the problem. The difficulty I am having is that my fuse is considerably less HSS than my comets....I am trying to pull back on the distance with the fuse and figure it out with the shorter distances, but with the opto plastic and the heavier weight I am wondering whether I should try another plastic or weight....any input?

I don't know how beat your old fuse is from when you were dabbling. They do season. My first Opto, which I've been throwing since they first came out, is definitely truly understable now. My newer ones have only a very slight turn, and basically just go straight. It is possible that it isn't you, and actually your fuse is just a little less stable than some. My most stable feeling Fuse when new was actually a 172g clear orangish opto. I also have an opaque pink, and a clear blue, which both started the same. Straight, with just a tiny bit of turn.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Pwingles » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:29 pm

my GL fuse, 175 is only a few months old, and its very straight and only fades more than a few feet to the left (rhbh) if thrown softly and with a little nose up, otherwise if it gets up to speed, it almost always turns right near the end of its flight. It will hold an anny for the entire flight but it seems like even on straight throws 4/5's the way through the flight it will just go right lol
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Ryan C wrote:
Tossin' in Memphis wrote:I posted in the Lat thread that I purchased several Lat discs from Marshall Street yesterday.....The only Lat disc I have left over from my dabbling in the past is a 176 Opto Fuse...I have been taking it out for a couple of days to re-acquaint myself with it....

Problem...

I don't know how beat your old fuse is from when you were dabbling. They do season. My first Opto, which I've been throwing since they first came out, is definitely truly understable now. My newer ones have only a very slight turn, and basically just go straight. It is possible that it isn't you, and actually your fuse is just a little less stable than some. My most stable feeling Fuse when new was actually a 172g clear orangish opto. I also have an opaque pink, and a clear blue, which both started the same. Straight, with just a tiny bit of turn.

Good to know....I would love to try a flattish 178-180 GL and see what it can do
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby emiller3 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:53 pm

I have a heavy blue GL, a heavy orange GL, and a light yellow GL. They're all identical in shape (pretty flat) and fly basically the same despite the weight differences. I also took them down to sea level and they were plenty stable. Definitely try one.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment