Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Fuse

Postby Shank » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Got two of these in the other day. One opto one GL. This disc delivers exactly what I wanted it to. Need to try more lines with it, but holy crap is it nice.
Magic + Wizard + Fuse + Roc + River + Teebird + ????????
Shank
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:45 am
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Favorite Disc: The lake ate it

Re: Fuse

Postby discspeed » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:34 am

My orange GL is still a staple in my bag. Since I just lost my most broken in Buzzz it has been getting a lot more action. Anyway, I grabbed a new gold GL Fuse from our last shipment to try out. It was pretty flat just like my oranges, but it flew more stable.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Fuse

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:08 am

I have recently tried out the fuse, flow, and river and they just don't fit my play-style. They all have too much glide for what I am used to. I was over throwing a lot of holes and have a hard time getting them to stop where they need to. I guess I would like to throw something faster that wants to come down and is more predictable.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:50 pm
Location: Land of the Cheese
Favorite Disc: ROC

Similar To Champ Shark

Postby kdogokc » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:04 am

The opto fuse throws very similar to a champ shark.

I'm a NOOB coming out of a lid background in ultimate (huge domey lid). The champ shark has been my go to as a glidy hold any line on 250' and less. Im addicted to glide on my mid game. It seems that glide discs are much more versatile than fast discs.

I played a round with just my shark & fuse throwing both discs. Very very similar...the shark throws a tad bit more stable for me. I wish that the plastic was more gummy. my champ shark is uber soft & gummy. I like soft mids & putters
CH Beast 163g, CH Roadrunner 174g, CH Leopard 150g, CH Gator 168g, CH Shark 167g, JK Aviar 170g
kdogokc
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:37 pm
Favorite Disc: Champion Shark

Re: Similar To Champ Shark

Postby discspeed » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:11 am

kdogokc wrote:The opto fuse throws very similar to a champ shark.

I'm a NOOB coming out of a lid background in ultimate (huge domey lid). The champ shark has been my go to as a glidy hold any line on 250' and less. Im addicted to glide on my mid game. It seems that glide discs are much more versatile than fast discs.

I played a round with just my shark & fuse throwing both discs. Very very similar...the shark throws a tad bit more stable for me. I wish that the plastic was more gummy. my champ shark is uber soft & gummy. I like soft mids & putters


Try a Z Comet...All of the people I know who came into disc golf with some ultimate skills absolutely love the Comet.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Fuse

Postby emiller3 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:06 am

rusch_bag wrote:I have recently tried out the fuse, flow, and river and they just don't fit my play-style. They all have too much glide for what I am used to. I was over throwing a lot of holes and have a hard time getting them to stop where they need to. I guess I would like to throw something faster that wants to come down and is more predictable.

I agree, I wouldn't want to throw all 3 by themselves. But you could consider pairing a couple of them with something something slower. I pair the Fuse with my Rocs and the Flow with my Eagles. I push the Roc and Eagle out when I need precision, and I can throw the Lat64 discs when I need that extra D or have bad footing, no run up, OB short, etc, and get a similar flight.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1336
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:49 am
Location: CO
Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Fuse

Postby inthedrift » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:01 pm

I've been using a 174 g GL (orange) as a substitute for my beat in Roc in my winter bag and this disc is so awesome I'm now wondering if I'll keep it in the bag when the snow is gone. I smashed the chains on a dead nuts straight shot the other day (it plopped out :cry: ) and then nearly aced the very next hole on a long slight anny. I nearly aced both these same holes again a week or so later with it. I LOVE this disc! I had thrown a friend's Opto and GL early this past summer and recommended it to a rec buddy of mine (who now LOVES it as well) - and now I'm hooked. This disc is the closest thing to a worn to straight Roc that I've ever thrown.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, AK
Favorite Disc: Firebird

Re: Fuse

Postby Hoey » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:12 pm

so I have no idea why I waited so long to put a Fuse in my bag... what a fun friggen disc to throw. Makes me excited to play all of the fairly shorter holes. I feel I have most any shot covered between 130 and 280 ish with my 172 GL (slow turn) and 175 Opto... just picked up a 178 Opto because I think the 175 Opto won't be heavy enough though.

Tight gaps open up when you can use a slower disc comfortably... and I'm very comfortable with the Fuse so far.

I enjoyed throwing the Comet, but it was a little too touchy for me. I like how the fuse helps a little bit. The Fuse still wants clean form, but it's not the militant clean form the Comet desires.

edit.

Just realized after re-reading that, is that I'll be able to put the 175g Opto back in the bag when my GL starts to really beat in.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:20 pm
Location: outside the circle
Favorite Disc: fuse

Re: Fuse

Postby kern9787 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm

How much variance in HSS stability in these is there? The one I have now (only one I have) is a max weight opto. It is pretty much dead straight. Even when I really get into it, I can give it a little bit of hyzer and it will get a slight turn late. Is this pretty much normal? Or do the lighter weights turn much easier?
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:56 am
Location: Abilene, Tx

Re: Fuse

Postby discspeed » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:37 am

kern9787 wrote:How much variance in HSS stability in these is there? The one I have now (only one I have) is a max weight opto. It is pretty much dead straight. Even when I really get into it, I can give it a little bit of hyzer and it will get a slight turn late. Is this pretty much normal? Or do the lighter weights turn much easier?


That sounds like the heavy Optos I've thrown. The GLs are less stable, especially the flatter ones.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Fuse

Postby Booter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:57 am

I still love my fuse. I did notice my first pink opto broke in around november. However I didn't notice til I put in a newopto fuse next to it. Both are 175 and 177. The new 177 is what the 175 flew like on day one. $$$$ straight and late turn with lots of snap. Now the beat 175 flies like a comet. Real touchy with arm speed and holds the turn much more all the way to the ground unless given alot of height. I had been waiting on one to break in and it surprised me that it only took several months. I guess I just used it alot. I had a 165 goldline for that spot but I didn't use it often .

anybody else have an opto break in yet?
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!
User avatar
 
Posts: 4361
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: plaztek bins!
Favorite Disc: square ones

Re: Fuse

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:49 am

Love my fuse. My favorite Opto is a 168g Opaque pink one. Flies like the flatter ESP Comet's (for those that know what I mean). It's interesting because the Fuse is one of the few molds that Latitude is quite consistent with. The only deviation I've seen among my 15+ Fuses is stability due to weight. The 168g is less HSS than the 175g+ ones.... big surprise.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Maine
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: Fuse

Postby BrotherDave » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:34 am

booter wrote:
anybody else have an opto break in yet?

Oh yeah, my 177 Chartreuse Opto is definitely broke in. I got another 177 that was just like it and it was crazy how much more overstable than my old is, just plain straight. I got that one in a trade to give to my buddy. I really wish I hadn't given him that disc. :(
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan
User avatar
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Surrounded by Boobies.
Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Re: Fuse

Postby Der Alte » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:26 am

I have a couple of GL Fuses and at the moment I totally hate those! I have no slightest idea how to throw these to get them fly as they should be?! The normal fly pattern is straight about 200' and then Fuse starts to turn very hard to right and crashes and burns. Every single time so I'm pretty frustrated. I can throw my Ions and Jokeri about 260'-280' and ProD and Z Buzzz about 290'-300'. Please give me an advice what I should do? Throw a nice finesse shot, yank really hard or melt these Fuses together with some other discs that I don't like.
Der Alte
Noob
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:42 am
Location: Finland, South Carelia
Favorite Disc: Jokeri

Re: Fuse

Postby jubuttib » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:14 am

Der Alte wrote:I have a couple of GL Fuses and at the moment I totally hate those! I have no slightest idea how to throw these to get them fly as they should be?! The normal fly pattern is straight about 200' and then Fuse starts to turn very hard to right and crashes and burns. Every single time so I'm pretty frustrated. I can throw my Ions and Jokeri about 260'-280' and ProD and Z Buzzz about 290'-300'. Please give me an advice what I should do? Throw a nice finesse shot, yank really hard or melt these Fuses together with some other discs that I don't like.
The right answer is to send them to me.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest