Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Fuse

Postby discspeed » Tue May 18, 2010 10:42 am

emiller3 wrote:Less LSS?! So it's like -1/0 on the GGGT chart? I think the QMS is -1/1, and that seems pretty generous in the LSS department to me.

That's the Aurora's LSS...I'll bet Blake would agree that the Q version is more like 1.5, but that 1 is based on an average of all available plastics. I'd say the Fuse is a 1. It is less than the Buzzz, which is rated a 1 (once again, an average across plastics, Z is like 1.5). In terms of premium plastic, I've not thrown a disc that had such little Fade and was still as HSS as the Fuse.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue May 18, 2010 10:50 am

I broke down and have one coming
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Jeronimo » Tue May 18, 2010 11:31 am

discspeed wrote:
emiller3 wrote:Less LSS?! So it's like -1/0 on the GGGT chart? I think the QMS is -1/1, and that seems pretty generous in the LSS department to me.

In terms of premium plastic, I've not thrown a disc that had such little Fade and was still as HSS as the Fuse.

This.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby RS39 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:28 pm

Threw mine a bunch Sun, for more shots than I normally would have just to force the learning curve. After my first Fuse round in dead calm, this was 0-15mph with 90deg shifts. I'll generalize that this day's wind had a minor effect on head/cross stability, but a line drive attempt at deuce with a tailwind can generate a whole lot of overthrow...
Jokeri, Wasp, Fuse, Timberwolf, PD, Predator
RS39
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Earthless@Roadburn

Postby The Wrist » Tue May 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Jeronimo wrote:
discspeed wrote:

In terms of premium plastic, I've not thrown a disc that had such little Fade and was still as HSS as the Fuse.

This.

This

I just got mine a couple days ago. boy oh boy this thing holds a line like no other. and the only disc that I can think of that has more glide than this baby is the condor.
The Wrist
Noob

Favorite Disc: Trident

Postby victorb » Tue May 18, 2010 12:38 pm

Got to get one and throw it for a bit during lunch.

I must say that I am impressed with the glide - it is pretty damn close to the glide of a comet. The fade is somewhat substantial compared to a comet though, but that may be easily manipulated out of the flight with different heights and nose angles.

First impression - very solid disc. Worth a look for sure, it's going to spend some time in my bag for a while.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Jeronimo » Tue May 18, 2010 12:50 pm

victorb wrote:Got to get one and throw it for a bit during lunch.

I must say that I am impressed with the glide - it is pretty damn close to the glide of a comet. The fade is somewhat substantial compared to a comet though, but that may be easily manipulated out of the flight with different heights and nose angles.

First impression - very solid disc. Worth a look for sure, it's going to spend some time in my bag for a while.

This is my opinion from my experience with this disc... If you are having that noticeable of fade when throwing the Fuse, try to throw it faster, it can handle it. The only times I really see this thing fade out are when I air ball it VERY high and don't impart a whole lot of spin on it. If you're looking for a laser straight shot, don't finesse it like you would a Comet, instead grip it and rip it.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby weedjj » Tue May 18, 2010 4:48 pm

so now that more people have had a chance to throw this thing, what are peoples opinions on a place in their bags? I currently have a Core for my stable/understable midrange,and have zero problems having it hold a perfect anhyzer line and a wasp for my stable/overstable slot. On holes the core is a bit too long, I have been playing with a putter for the anhyzer shots. Would this be a better choice and worth using for this shot? I love my Cores, and the feel of the plastic, so would love to get a Fuse. I just want to know its got a place in my bag before I just order one :P
weedjj
Noob

Favorite Disc: River

Postby discspeed » Tue May 18, 2010 5:33 pm

weedjj wrote:so now that more people have had a chance to throw this thing, what are peoples opinions on a place in their bags? I currently have a Core for my stable/understable midrange,and have zero problems having it hold a perfect anhyzer line and a wasp for my stable/overstable slot. On holes the core is a bit too long, I have been playing with a putter for the anhyzer shots. Would this be a better choice and worth using for this shot? I love my Cores, and the feel of the plastic, so would love to get a Fuse. I just want to know its got a place in my bag before I just order one :P

All I see is that you could use your Core for longer straight shots and use the Fuse for short touch straight shots and anhyzers. Imagine a 300-350' shot where you have to throw something high and left (RHBH) and let the disc reach the apex and then turn and hold all the way to the ground while still going forward. I know that the Buzzz is not great at this shot...its too stable even when fairly beat to do this shot easily without having to be thrown hard and pretty perfectly (easy to make a mistake). The Fuse is MUCH better at these types of shots.
discspeed

Postby victorb » Wed May 19, 2010 6:18 am

I think the panther and comet had a baby, and the fuse was what came out. :lol:

Seriously though, I don't know if it's what I want in that slot in my bag, it's almost too fast to be a touch turnover/straight disc.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby discspeed » Wed May 19, 2010 6:52 am

victorb wrote:Seriously though, I don't know if it's what I want in that slot in my bag, it's almost too fast to be a touch turnover/straight disc.

You've been throwing too many Comets! :lol: I don't think the Fuse is as fast as the Buzzz, Core, Coyote, Mako, etc. Its between a Buzzz and a Roc. Anyway, I don't think it is too fast at all. For shorter stuff everyone should have a slower disc (their putter). To me the Fuse is simply a step up from that.
discspeed

Postby victorb » Wed May 19, 2010 7:36 am

I think it falls somewhere between a speed 5 and 4 on innova's chart. Feels a little faster than a roc, and significantly faster than a comet.

I guess it might just be too fast for me in that slot :wink:

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby discspeed » Wed May 19, 2010 8:49 am

victorb wrote:I think it falls somewhere between a speed 5 and 4 on innova's chart. Feels a little faster than a roc, and significantly faster than a comet.

I guess it might just be too fast for me in that slot :wink:

I still disagree. I think that the Stingray, Coyote, Mako, and Cobra are all faster and they are all speed 4.
discspeed

Postby Jeronimo » Wed May 19, 2010 9:07 am

I'm starting too see what you were talking about Discspeed, but only in my really heavy opto's. My lighter weight pink Opto's don't behave like my heavy 180g Neon Yellow ones do. There's definitely a noticeable stability difference between my light weight opto's and my heavy ones, might have something to do with color too, I don't know. Neon Yellow, 180g is my most stable Fuse.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Ryan C » Wed May 19, 2010 10:48 am

Jeronimo wrote:I'm starting too see what you were talking about Discspeed, but only in my really heavy opto's. My lighter weight pink Opto's don't behave like my heavy 180g Neon Yellow ones do. There's definitely a noticeable stability difference between my light weight opto's and my heavy ones, might have something to do with color too, I don't know. Neon Yellow, 180g is my most stable Fuse.

It isn't the color. The weight actually might affect stability.

The color=stability thing is one of the biggest DG myths.

The only thing that you might be able to tell by color is that all the pink ones from the first run cooled differently from the blues or whatever. This might happen if the room they were made in just happened to be cooler. I work in a plastic injection molding shop, and even things like leaving a bay door open to the outside air can affect the way a plastic part cools. The color itself is not going to change the way it flies.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment