The River

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The River

Postby Booter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:54 am

well I quit throwing the ppd since they've been inconsistant lately. The first ones I had were $$ then I bougt a stack and was cycling them and they were beefier than spds. No likey. So I got the rush,the rush is basically a roadrunner and I've used the rr for yrs so naturally I fell in love. . I'm just sorta cruisin the plastic for the slow fairway slot that I can possibly swap out the stalker for because I'm throwing my buzzes on holes I used to throw stalkers on when I was throwing rocs.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:08 am

Wait.....does this thing have one of those slanted rims on it?
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Booter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:14 am

the river? Not that I could tell.Feels good in the hand actually.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby discspeed » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:36 am

TeamTollandDG wrote:Wait.....does this thing have one of those slanted rims on it?

Mildly...Jesse is throwing it, so it can't be too bad. :wink:
My P-PDs are taking a break while I try out the River in my bag. I'm looking forward to getting a heavier/flatter//HPL one to compliment the one I have. The domey 172 I'm throwing is a great finesse and turnover disc, but if an elephant in Africa farts in my direction it knocks it offline. I'm hoping I can find another to fly a little better in mild winds, as well as being able to take a little more power on lower lines.

I too have little confidence now in the P-PDs coming out consistently, especially over time. I also would like a flippy disc that stays the same for a little longer with tree hits. As my S-PD beats in I'm also noticing a lot of overlap with the P-PD, so I'd like to fortify my lineup with something with a little more glide (especially on annies).
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Booter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:40 am

well i throw the rush already so ive been contemplating between the rivers or just getting a champ rush. thoughts?
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:41 am

discspeed wrote:
TeamTollandDG wrote:Wait.....does this thing have one of those slanted rims on it?

Mildly...Jesse is throwing it, so it can't be too bad. :wink:
My P-PDs are taking a break while I try out the River in my bag. I'm looking forward to getting a heavier/flatter//HPL one to compliment the one I have. The domey 172 I'm throwing is a great finesse and turnover disc, but if an elephant in Africa farts in my direction it knocks it offline. I'm hoping I can find another to fly a little better in mild winds, as well as being able to take a little more power on lower lines.

I too have little confidence now in the P-PDs coming out consistently, especially over time. I also would like a flippy disc that stays the same for a little longer with tree hits. As my S-PD beats in I'm also noticing a lot of overlap with the P-PD, so I'd like to fortify my lineup with something with a little more glide (especially on annies).

this is the direction i took quite a while ago, once my go to S-pd got really beat there just wasnt any room for my P-lines between my S-lines and (at the time) my CD's (now my Rivers)

(edit: the rim is barely slanted, nothing like the Riot/Blitz or even the Halo)
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby jubuttib » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:32 pm

what'shisname wrote:Does the TD do anything a beat P-PD can't do? I've never thrown the TD, but I don't really feel that i'm missing anything in that slot with a beat P-PD and a River.
The flightpath is a bit different, and being premium plastic the TD will stay at that spot much longer. If you decide to give them a try, remember that the gummier ones are more understable and fit the TD name better, the stiffer ones on the other hand are much more stable, don't turn much at all. Jussi Meresmaa does wonderful things with both and Dave F. seemed to really like the stiffer ones for super straight shots.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:09 pm

I'm starting to figure out my River and my affection for this mold is growing...Today I was getting it straight through gaps down the fairway and then getting a late turnover and recovery...Some really cool and crazy lines I've not really seen out of a new premium plastic disc before. It's definitely doing things that my P-PD cannot, so it's safe to say the River is 100% solidified in my bag now. Thanks again to Jeronimo...I'm sure I would have found the River on my own sooner or later, but I'm glad it was sooner :wink: .
discspeed

Postby Jeronimo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:30 pm

No problem Mike, glad I could spread the love.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby discspeed » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Jeronimo wrote:No problem Mike, glad I could spread the love.

I love everything about that disc except for the color. It's one of the hardest discs to see against anything green that I've ever played with. Good thing I usually have a good idea where it's at.
discspeed

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 am

discspeed wrote:

I love everything about that disc except for the color. It's one of the hardest discs to see against anything green that I've ever played with. Good thing I usually have a good idea where it's at.

Hmmmm, I thought that would be a good color for you because up here it sticks out like a sore thumb. Must be due to the more tropical flora down there. Sorry man!
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby discspeed » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:49 am

Jeronimo wrote:
discspeed wrote:

Hmmmm, I thought that would be a good color for you because up here it sticks out like a sore thumb. Must be due to the more tropical flora down there. Sorry man!

I don't give a shit about color...and honestly most Opto is just as hard to find. It's chameleon plastic.
discspeed

Postby Pwingles » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:52 am

some super bright opto would be sweet
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Torg » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:19 am

discspeed wrote:I'm starting to figure out my River and my affection for this mold is growing...Today I was getting it straight through gaps down the fairway and then getting a late turnover and recovery...Some really cool and crazy lines I've not really seen out of a new premium plastic disc before.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. It is taking over some of the shots I used to use TLs or Rocs for. The only thing I don't like it how smooth the plastic is. Next spring I intend to get a coupe more so I can give them to newer players together with a putter as a starter pack. Mine is burnt orange and the color is pretty much terrible in the fall as least where I live.
Torg
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:15 am

Bring on the Latitude Premium Starter Pack! Grip Pure, Opto Fuse and River.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment