Discmania P1 and P2 putter

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Discmania P1 and P2 putter

Postby mattw » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Has anyone spent time with either of these putters. Are they just Avair P&A or are the a combo of other putter molds. I am interested on how the two molds fly. Pros and cons of each. I am on a putter kick at the moment. I am realy interested in the P2 since it is a stable putter but without the bead.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Re: Discmania P1 and P2 putter

Postby jubuttib » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Are the current P&As small bead or beadless?

P1 = Beadless Aviar. Turns some and doesn't really fade at all. Very straight at slow speeds. Love the P-Line (Maniac).

P2 = A modified beadless Aviar, somewhat taller and deeper in profile. Less turn, more fade, not very fast. Haven't thrown these for some time, but I remember them being quite straight when powered, kinda like a bit used Wizard, but slower and not as glidey. I've had pretty good success putting these in the wind. Not as overstable as a BB Aviar if I remember correctly, but very usable none the less.

Used the P1 for 90% of my disc golf life, until I fell in love with the Wizard and the likes. Well, actually the main reason is that Discmania doesn't make them in a firm plastic. The new run Ds are pretty good, rubbery DX that doesn't wear out as fast, the first runs were waxy DX. S is shit, slippery and just nasty, with the exception of one black S I found and bought because of the color. That one is quite nice. P is R-Pro, very durable and the straightest finishing of the bunch. The Ds I've had have been more stable.

P2 wasn't used as often because the deeper grip offended my hand and I hadn't realized the beauty of a stable to overstable putter.

I'm using medium IONs and Firm Ridges at the moment, but honestly could easily switch back to the P1/2 combo.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby mattw » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Thank you for the help. I noticed someone on dgcr said the P2 was a aviar top and a beadless rhyno bottom. Dont know if this is true or not. I like the idea of it being stable but no bead. My local PIAS has both P1 and P2. I need to just go hold them and pick out wich one feels better in the hand. I am thinking the P2 since I would like a putter that fills out the hand in terms of grip.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby dgdave » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Don't listen to dgcr. A p2 is a aviar x top and beadless aviar bottom. The beadless rhyno (tank) bottom is the same as a beadless aviar and p2.

The p2 is very challenger ish
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby jubuttib » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Pretty much the only difference between the two is that the P2 is taller. Might even be a spacer job.

There's an upcoming P-P2, which is going to be a stiffer blend of P. Dave D and others have been going on about it, supposedly it's pretty good.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby jubuttib » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:00 pm

dgdave wrote:Don't listen to dgcr. A p2 is a aviar x top and beadless aviar bottom. The beadless rhyno (tank) bottom is the same as a beadless aviar and p2.

Ah, so that's how it is.

Also agree with the Challenger'ish, both lack the glide at the end of the flight that the Wizard has. Though my P2s haven't lost their stability as fast as my friend's Challengers (both Pro D and Soft X).
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby mattw » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:15 pm

dgdave wrote:Don't listen to dgcr. A p2 is a aviar x top and beadless aviar bottom. The beadless rhyno (tank) bottom is the same as a beadless aviar and p2.

Thank you for the clarifacation.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby victorb » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:46 am

this is correct (and exactly what I said over on dgcr and was told to be incorrect :P )

The only real difference between the P1 and P2 is the height (which I'm certain after looking at the P1 and P2 side by side is due to a nose spacer)
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby mattw » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:13 am

I was able to look at the P1 and P2 together. They do look the same accept for the hight. The only plastic the store had was S Series. It felt slick and soft. Usualy softer putters are kind of grippy. I ended up passing on the putters. For me I need to hold a putter in the hand to know if it will feel comfortable when throwing. I usualy dont buy putters online. So I am not sure I feel comfortable ordering the D through the internet.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Banzai » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:05 pm

The Aviar PnA is beadless. So are you saying that the P1 and the Aviar PnA are identical molds? Why would Innova do that?
ridge | roc | river | pd
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Postby marmoset » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:30 pm

Banzai wrote:Why would Innova do that?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown
marmoset
King of Calipers

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:10 pm

It's not like the P1 is the only one, the Omega SS is also a beadless Aviar.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby dgdave » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Omega is a small bead
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby Roy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:21 pm

Omegas used to be no bead though, right?
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby dgdave » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Pretty sure they were always SB, but I was never big on them, so I may be wrong
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Next