Discmania P1 and P2 putter

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania P1 and P2 putter

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:33 pm

dgdave wrote:Omega is a small bead

Yeah, I remembered wrong, sorry. Still, I've seen at least one beadless Omega. Wasn't even that beat in, so it couldn't have worn out.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby bullet » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:13 am

P-line P1 (Maniac) = R-Pro Aviar P&A. Identical grip and plastic. :D
bullet
Noob

Favorite Disc: Sinus AP

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:41 pm

bullet wrote:P-line P1 (Maniac) = R-Pro Aviar P&A. Identical grip and plastic. :D

I was wondering if this is the case, so I went by a local store today to do some comparing. I picked up a first-run S P1, a current run P P1, and a current run R-Pro Aviar PnA. The P P1 and R-Pro Aviar were the exact same mold, and the P1 even had the same "R AV" marking as the Aviar. The FR S P1 was not the same as either. It had a different nose shape, and it didn't seem to be a difference in plastic.

Did they change the P1 mold to the Aviar PnA mold after the first run? Or are there actual P P1's out there that are not actually mis-stamped R-Pro Aviars? I'm not really concerned about these two in terms of flight, but if I pick up a P1, I want it to be a P1.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Joz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Fightingthetide wrote:
bullet wrote:P-line P1 (Maniac) = R-Pro Aviar P&A. Identical grip and plastic. :D

I was wondering if this is the case, so I went by a local store today to do some comparing. I picked up a first-run S P1, a current run P P1, and a current run R-Pro Aviar PnA. The P P1 and R-Pro Aviar were the exact same mold, and the P1 even had the same "R AV" marking as the Aviar. The FR S P1 was not the same as either. It had a different nose shape, and it didn't seem to be a difference in plastic.

Did they change the P1 mold to the Aviar PnA mold after the first run? Or are there actual P P1's out there that are not actually mis-stamped R-Pro Aviars? I'm not really concerned about these two in terms of flight, but if I pick up a P1, I want it to be a P1.

Ok...take the tin foil hat off for a sec...

P1s are P/A Aviars. That is all.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jubuttib » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:32 am

P1 = P/A Aviar, but Star plastic and R-Pro mold up a bit differently.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:43 am

jubuttib wrote:P1 = P/A Aviar, but Star plastic and R-Pro mold up a bit differently.

That's what I was thinking, but I did compare the FR S P1 to a current run S P1, and there was a difference, even without my tinfoil hat :lol: Current run S P1 (and P P1 for that matter) = Aviar PnA.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Joz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Eh, FTT I was just giving you a hard time with the tinfoil comment. As jubuttib said, it's probably just a molding issue that varies with plastics.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Joz wrote:Eh, FTT I was just giving you a hard time with the tinfoil comment. As jubuttib said, it's probably just a molding issue that varies with plastics.

No worries...it was funny. But I'm telling you guys that the FR S P1 was different than the other S P1 I looked at. Not that it matters, though.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Well the core of my FR S-P1 is the double ringed variety with patent#, whereas my newer D-P1's have the single ring www. core. Apart from that they're identical, identical nose profile etc.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Trey133 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:56 pm

The first P1 I got was at USDGC 2 years ago and it was a first run. In my opinion it was different than the ones I have now. It was chalky white and super stiff. I haven't found any more like it :(
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby Joz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:10 pm

PIAS Pineville. Bam. You're welcome. Oh and Ebay. Lots there too.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Trey133 wrote:The first P1 I got was at USDGC 2 years ago and it was a first run. In my opinion it was different than the ones I have now. It was chalky white and super stiff. I haven't found any more like it :(
Wonder where people got their stiff FR D-P1's... I bought several but all were chalky and somewhat gummy. Much better than the later blends though.

Sold them because I'm an idiot.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Previous

Return to Equipment