the story of the HURRICANE

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: the story of the HURRICANE

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:19 am

Ended up playing 72 holes yesterday at 3 different courses, so, sorry for the delay.

FYI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Links_(golf)

So this Hurricane disc is something. Let me start by saying I've been throwing Surges for 2.5 years now and I have 380'-400' of golf D, so thats what I will compare them to. The 'Cane has a bit more high speed turn and a bit more low speed fade. The 1.6 that DGA gives it on their site is pretty close. maybe 1.65 would be closer and the Surge SS is a 1.6 and the Surge is 1.7. One thing I will say is this thing has tons of glide. It seemed to float way more than my Surges. I was getting 420'ish with the 'Cane on flat ground. One other item of note is I really don't like the feel of this disc in my hand. The sharp cuts, http://www.discraft.com/prod_talon_z.html (you see how the talon isn't one smooth curve like most discs but looks like 3 different angles? That is what I mean) felt awkward in my hand. There was just something about the feel of the discs I didn't like. This could be because I've been throwing Surges for so long and it's just what I'm used to. I'm gonna give these things another few rounds to see if I wanna keep 'em. Either way soon have 3 'Canes or 20 Surges up for trade.
Force/Tracker/Hornet/Buzzz/Comet/Zone/Challenger
Robin Hood
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby discspeed » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:03 am

So is it just a Flash? Is the rim wider than the Surge?
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:10 am

the rim is the same size as a Force. The Force SS statement is pretty spot on.
Robin Hood
Tree Magnet

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:28 am

Robin Hood wrote:the rim is the same size as a Force. The Force SS statement is pretty spot on.

I assume the rim size generally indicates the same or a similar speed?
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby StumperTX » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:37 am

Robin Hood wrote:Ended up playing 72 holes yesterday at 3 different courses, so, sorry for the delay.

FYI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Links_(golf)

So this Hurricane disc is something. Let me start by saying I've been throwing Surges for 2.5 years now and I have 380'-400' of golf D, so thats what I will compare them to. The 'Cane has a bit more high speed turn and a bit more low speed fade. The 1.6 that DGA gives it on their site is pretty close. maybe 1.65 would be closer and the Surge SS is a 1.6 and the Surge is 1.7. One thing I will say is this thing has tons of glide. It seemed to float way more than my Surges. I was getting 420'ish with the 'Cane on flat ground. One other item of note is I really don't like the feel of this disc in my hand. The sharp cuts, http://www.discraft.com/prod_talon_z.html (you see how the talon isn't one smooth curve like most discs but looks like 3 different angles? That is what I mean) felt awkward in my hand. There was just something about the feel of the discs I didn't like. This could be because I've been throwing Surges for so long and it's just what I'm used to. I'm gonna give these things another few rounds to see if I wanna keep 'em. Either way soon have 3 'Canes or 20 Surges up for trade.

Links style DISC golf was what had me curious.
IRL, they call me Brett

Distance Drivers: Pro Destroyer, Champ&Pro Boss, FR Nuke, Champ&Star Xcal, Champ & Glo Wraith
Control Drivers: S&P-PD, Evo Spirit, Proline Rogue
Fairways: Pro Leo, DX Whippet-X, Z Xtreme
Mid: ESP&Pro D Buzz
Putters: 2xMedium Voodoo, O Wizard, Polecat
StumperTX
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Nuke/Destroyer

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:17 pm

It s a course on a now defunct 9 hole ball golf course. Anything that open I would consider links stye disc golf. Much like White's in BG Kentucky.
Robin Hood
Tree Magnet

Postby Ryan C » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Any more word on this disc? Don't see it for sale yet anywhere. Anyway, went ahead and bought a couple of Z Nukes. So maybe wont be buying any of these anyway.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Booter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:38 pm

booter wrote:hurricane is available for pre order on sun king now.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Ryan C » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah, that doesn't tell me anything. I can also go preorder Duke Nukem Forever, if that means anything to anyone. I'm confused because I thought they were shipped by now.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Booter » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:25 pm

what doesn't it tell you? If you go to sun king. You an pre order and it'll ell you when they're available. You said you didn't see it for sale anywhere so there's ur answer.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby preracing25 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:48 pm

And on the site it says shipping 8/10
preracing25
Noob

Favorite Disc: Avenger SS

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:50 am

We just got like 10 of these in. They have kind of a small bead and they have a notch but it has an l type wing in the middle of that. Very interesting. It looks like a stretched out cyclone kind of. The plastic feels great and I picked out one with the lowest plh and the highest plh so I will see how much they vary in the next few days. Pretty excited.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 am

Also, if someone can help me come up with a sweet rock you like a hurricane dye, you would be my hero. Right now my idea is to leave the hurricane in the middle and just dye the text onto the disc around it, but if anyone has a better idea let me know.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby EL-KABONG! » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 pm

EL-KABONG!
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: SWORD

Postby preracing25 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:05 am

I heard there was only 2000 with the pro worlds stamp. I am most likly wrong though. I got mine fro sun kig already and love it.
preracing25
Noob

Favorite Disc: Avenger SS

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment