SB Plastic Reviews

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

SB Plastic Reviews

Postby CincyKeith » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:47 am

Hey Blake,

I was wondering if you had any experience using this "Special Blend" plastic that Innova is beginning to use. I know Special Blend has been used before but I have not seen any. A few things I wanted to know is the durability, grip (tackyness), effects from weather, stability, etc.... Is it similar to the "nightshift" orcs that were produced a little while ago, or is it more similar to the "Limited Edition" plastic they used to produce the leopard and so forth? I am considering replacing my orc with one of these, as hopefully it will be more usefull year round.

I know this might be a question to ask Dave but thanks in advance as always. You are always most helpful with my questions.
Practice, practice, practice. Especially with players that are better than you. It's one of the only ways to learn new things.
CincyKeith
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:27 pm

the special blend plastic is opaque champion, but not pearlescent...

the last batch of CFR classic rocs were in plastic like this.

reminds me of a cross between the plastic used on the last of the 11x gazelles and cheetahs and the dga riptide/squall/tsunami plastic.

is a bit on the squirrely side imo, but feels better in the hand than normal champ plastic. not sure i'd say it's worth spending a premium on it.

i believe it's like an 80/20 champ/pro hybrid.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Equipment