Disc Flight Ratings Chart

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disc Flight Ratings Chart

Postby jubuttib » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Indy's broken whip wrote:I'm wondering why isn't the Discmania's FD Jackal in the flight chart?
Should be more or less obvious: They haven't tested it yet.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Indy's broken whip » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:15 pm

I must have misread some post, I though I saw some test results somewhere... probably not by the "proper officials" :) Wondered if there was some inconsistencies in the mold or something that they did not include it to the chart or something. Well, no matter, going to by few today. :)
Indy's broken whip
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:55 am

Well, not tested enough then. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Sagecoast » Tue May 14, 2013 7:39 am

Is there a update in the works?
Pure Sinus Tursas Roc3 Pain Gator River Saints Teebirds
Sagecoast
Noob

Favorite Disc: 166g River

Postby KRooster » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:41 am

Not sure if this is "flight ratings chart" related or "instructional article" related, but I think it would be awesome to see a list of Blake's recommended distance drivers, organized by a player's average golf D on a distance drive, with distance ranges of less than 50'. Plastic and weight would be relevant variables as well.

The flight chart is an amazing resource, and once you throw a lot of different discs for comparison it allows people to find what they're looking for, but I think what a lot of newer players (or even more experienced players who are increasing their distance) want to know is the answer to something like the following:

"I throw around 280-300, what are the several best distance drivers to use for that range on a straight open shot?"

As an example, I used to throw around 320-340' average, which at first glance put me somewhat in the power 5 category on the flight chart. But for the most part, those discs were too overstable, except for the lower end of the spectrum in somewhat lower weights. The middle/higher end of the power 5 category was totally out of the question.

In summary, the disc flight ratings chart is an amazing resource to determine relative behavior of different discs, and I would be lost without it. But as an answer to questions of the type I listed above in bold, for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of time figuring the chart out, it's not optimal.
Pure/Jokeri Meteor/BuzzzSS/Buzzz/Wasp Xpress/FD/Teebird Roadrunner/OrionLS/OrionLF/PD
KRooster
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pure

Previous

Return to Equipment