Discmania S-TD Turning Driver

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania S-TD Turning Driver

Postby jubuttib » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:17 pm

You guys are throwing 175 production C-TDs? That might explain something, we didn't get any over 172. =/
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JimW » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:36 pm

jubuttib wrote:You guys are throwing 175 production C-TDs? That might explain something, we didn't get any over 172. =/

Marked or weighed? Because if it's marked then you probably have a lot of 173s and 174s :lol:
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby jubuttib » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:15 am

JimW wrote:
jubuttib wrote:You guys are throwing 175 production C-TDs? That might explain something, we didn't get any over 172. =/

Marked or weighed? Because if it's marked then you probably have a lot of 173s and 174s :lol:
Yes yes... Smartass. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby sunspot » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:36 pm

How would a TD compare to an Assassin?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby discspeed » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:59 pm

sunspot wrote:How would a TD compare to an Assassin?

Longer with more glide and less fade.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Booter » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:24 am

Sooo i got my production ctds in and actually got to feel some at discnation prior to getting mine. There definitely is a slant on the lighter high 160's ctds. Feels funky. The heavier ones however felt "normal" to me. i also checked toolimg compared to my cfr tds and the cfrs lack the patent number. While the new ones have it.

The flight is's omewhat diff too,i have some cfr tds that are used and the new heavy production flew like my seasoned cline out of the box. Sligjt turn amd super straight most of the flight. These are definitely nice.but i think i like my more stable cfr sglow more. We'll see over time. It definitely flies like my beat spd though which is good when i dnt want to risk losing the spd
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby jubuttib » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:37 pm

Booter wrote:i also checked toolimg compared to my cfr tds and the cfrs lack the patent number. While the new ones have it.
Huh? My CFR C and S-TDs have the patent number and the slanted new production run doesn't...
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby ian » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:34 pm

ive been reading about this disc for a while now. If i can get a champ leo out to about 375 what kind of distance can i expect from a c-td?
ian
Noob

Favorite Disc: aviar

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:29 am

That's a very respectable distance for Leos, I'd wager you'll get over 400' from TDs.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby bill » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:23 am

ian wrote:ive been reading about this disc for a while now. If i can get a champ leo out to about 375 what kind of distance can i expect from a c-td?

i'd walk around with permanent short pants if i could do that.

400 easy
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby ian » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:04 am

its a newish cfr leo. i love the stability and it holds its flight alot longer than the pro leos i throw. i love it. it got me thinking about finding a faster/longer disc with similar flight. it seems you guys here describe the td and river as longer leos so ive been checking them out at the local disc store but i just cant decide if its worth it as i typically throw beat to shit tbirds for distance. the c-td sounds too good to be true
ian
Noob

Favorite Disc: aviar

Postby jubuttib » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:24 am

So yeah, the D-TD is out, filling the flippy slot in Discmania's driver lineup.

I got a 166g one, though it was the highest PLH of the bunch, very small differences. The difference between it and the C-TD is pretty vast. Flew nicely, definitely turns, but it still has the gradual turning speed of the premium plastic versions. I only tried two short throws (threw it @ 80% power against a wall of snow ~170' away) and it reminded me of a DX Sidewinder with slower movements. That or a speed 9 DX Leopard. I'll have to test it thoroughly some time, but the initial impression is pretty good, considering what it is.

Though I need to stop throwing it in tunnels...

It's part of Discmania's starter pack, along with D-MD1 and D-P1, and I think it fills this purpose pretty well.

EDIT: Oh, and yes, it's a +mold.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby what'shisname » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:47 am

Ooooo... I want one. Maybe it can kick the Vision out of the bag.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Booter » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:59 am

Hmmm i might snag some. My s is beat to fliptastic goodness but this d line could b a good "throw away" version when i dnt want to risk my s
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby jubuttib » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:00 am

Until you beat in a C or S-TD to that point, yes, it could easily replace flippy Visions.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment