-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: MD2

Postby jubuttib » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:29 pm

<3
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby throwharder » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:59 pm

throwharder wrote:Got a c md2. It flies like a new mc roc with a little more stability and speed I like it

Typo the k and m are close together
throwharder
Noob

Favorite Disc: Echo Star Teebird

Postby Sean40474 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:00 am

jubuttib wrote:
Sean40474 wrote:I think I'm going to trust my gut on this one and just stick with the Buzzz. If one of my friends ever get one, I'll throw it then and then rave on here about it.
Honestly between the good MD2s and good Buzzzes the main worry is whether you like the Buzzz or the Coyote/Mako/MD2 feel better. Personally I prefer the grip of the MD2.

Gahhhhh, you're killing me man....the monster is trying to come out...
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby jubuttib » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:02 am

Just received two brand new orange P-MD2s in my favored weight, 175. Didn't even have to pay for them. Sort of stoked right now.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Sean40474 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 pm

jubuttib wrote:Just received two brand new orange P-MD2s in my favored weight, 175. Didn't even have to pay for them. Sort of stoked right now.

Go ahead and COD them to AK.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby lowracks » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:40 pm

dgdave wrote:What's an MC Roc?

The mic.
lowracks
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:33 pm

We had our fair share of wind today so what i saw wasn't really fair. I bought 177 C MD2 and threw it with flash and all. I imagine it would behave more HSS in calm weather. That is my rub living by the sea. We get a lot of wind so often that having two discs for the same distance and flight calm vs wind is too much for me. While i'm not a total minimalist that's my limit. I agree with jub that it fades so early and so hard even in the wind that it loses D and tries to get out of narrow fairways. Because removing flash also removes HSS it would only work in calm weather. With the current fade mimicking Glow Z Buzzz and having less HSS and no flash possibly matching Z Buzzz but with probably less HSS i will stick with the familiar and lower profile Buzzzes. Thin discs are my thang.

Feel wise i compared a Pain at the shop and vastly prefer the MD2 for grip thanks to no real bead and thinner profile.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:59 pm

JR wrote:I agree with jub that it fades so early and so hard even in the wind that it loses D and tries to get out of narrow fairways.
Huh? You sure you don't mean discspeed? My C-MD2s are straight, with only a tiny amount of fade.
JR wrote:Because removing flash also removes HSS it would only work in calm weather. With the current fade mimicking Glow Z Buzzz and having less HSS and no flash possibly matching Z Buzzz but with probably less HSS i will stick with the familiar and lower profile Buzzzes. Thin discs are my thang.

Feel wise i compared a Pain at the shop and vastly prefer the MD2 for grip thanks to no real bead and thinner profile.
I didn't notice a remarkable loss of HSS when I sanded out the flash in my pink C-MD2, even when throwing in a headwind (not a drastic one admittedly), just a loss of LSS, which was the point of getting rid of the flash. Hopefully it'll be windy the next time I go out throwing so I can test it out properly.

EDIT: I do admit however that headwinds are definitely not what the MD2 excels at. There are other discs for that.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:15 pm

lowracks wrote:
dgdave wrote:What's an MC Roc?

The mic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: /5........ thanks for that
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby JR » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:09 am

jubuttib wrote:
JR wrote:I agree with jub that it fades so early and so hard even in the wind that it loses D and tries to get out of narrow fairways.
Huh? You sure you don't mean discspeed? My C-MD2s are straight, with only a tiny amount of fade.
JR wrote:Because removing flash also removes HSS it would only work in calm weather. With the current fade mimicking Glow Z Buzzz and having less HSS and no flash possibly matching Z Buzzz but with probably less HSS i will stick with the familiar and lower profile Buzzzes. Thin discs are my thang.

I didn't notice a remarkable loss of HSS when I sanded out the flash in my pink C-MD2, even when throwing in a headwind (not a drastic one admittedly), just a loss of LSS, which was the point of getting rid of the flash. Hopefully it'll be windy the next time I go out throwing so I can test it out properly.

EDIT: I do admit however that headwinds are definitely not what the MD2 excels at. There are other discs for that.

Fades too much with flash left on the disc. Losing LSS while not losing HSS would be incredible!!! Theoretically the disc should be faster too so a little longer as well. Sounds yummy for less than storm winds we had yesterday. Now the gusts are half of that.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby jubuttib » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:53 am

Threw the deflashed pink C-MD2 yesterday with head, tail and crosswinds, it wasn't bothered by any of them, always held the line I put it on. It wasn't a harsh headwind, but I'm well aware that the MD2 isn't a headwind disc anyway.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby JR » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:12 am

Too much wind today so after two throws it returned to wait for happier days.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby superdrive » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:42 am

superdrive
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby JimW » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:33 am

I wonder if Innova would allow Discmania to stamp Ken Climo signature MD2s :lol:
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment