MD2

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MD2

Postby Ryan C » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:57 am

So I was lookin at some of the C-Lines on disc golf values, and it said that they had the + rim configuration. These were the ones with the tourny stamp. Are all of these the "+" configuration, or is that just the C-lines?
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby jubuttib » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:17 am

They all have the same rim, but until you mentioned it and checked it out for myself, I hadn't even noticed that the rim was a tad slanted. The slant is pretty minimal though.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby josser » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:13 pm

The DGV C-MD2s have the big D in the desert stamp so will be flatter than the S-MD2s I assume. How does dome affect stability on these bad boys?
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:55 am

DAMN IT! I've been hoping for a new run of P-MD2s so I could stock up on orange 175 weights... Turns out the next run won't be made in R-Pro type of plastic, instead they'll be regular Pro type...

Well, hopefully they'll still be good...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby JR » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:18 am

I think i saw a P MD2 at http://www.frisbeepoint.fi
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 am

Last time I asked them they said they only had reds in weights 175->, not interested in those. Orange or nothing.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby turso » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 am

Your superstition about oranges being any different from reds is your downfall.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:20 am

Yes, it is. They are different in that they look about 1000000000 times better though. I don't really like red discs, unless they're champ. And even then I'd rather have almost any other color.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Ryan C » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:08 pm

I still have 2 S-MD2's and 2 C-MDS'2 for $40 shipped, if anyone is interested.

(you can read about them in the B/S/T forum)
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Sean40474 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:37 pm

I was considering buying a few to try this disc out, but after such comparison to beat Rocs and an X Buzzz, I'll just stay with Buzzzs. I'm open to compelling arguments otherwise though...
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby jubuttib » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Hey, more for me. =)

EDIT: On the whole, I'm underwhelmed by the C and S-MD2s. If you already have a disc for Buzzz type activities they probably won't make you change your lineup in anyway.

The P-MD2 on the other, I'm just so gaga over that thing... Hopefully the new P-Line runs made in Pro type of plastic instead of R-Pro will be as good.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby jubuttib » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Hmmm. I've always liked the orange P-MD2s best, and now that I got another one I maintain that they're different from the others, at least the ~175 orange ones are different from ~180 red ones. They start out more stable (noticeably higher PLH) and seem to beat into straighter, losing their LSS way before they lose LSS, whereas the red ones soon get noticeable turn.

I haven't had a chance to compare the orange and red ones before, and now that I got a good look it also seems that apart from the higher PLH the orange one has a more concave wing profile. =/
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby JR » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:31 am

Good thing to know this maybe i wasn't crazy then having the s 180 red one turn on me.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BLURR » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:22 am

So I finally remembered to take my S-MD2 out yesterday. Threw it a few times while warming up,but didn't throw it at all during the round. It is a nice flyer for sure. It flew like I figured it would, nice and straight with minimal fade. I could definitely put some power behind it and never worried about it flipping over. Very nice disc...but I have a roc in my bag that will do the same thing.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Joz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:14 pm

For those that know, which one is more stable - the MD1 or MD2 ? How susceptible is the MD2 to flip in a headwind?
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment