Re: MD2

Postby Joz » Tue May 08, 2012 3:36 pm

DGV would be a good place to start.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby LYang » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:48 pm

jubuttib wrote:Discmania.fi has a special ordering option now, 178-180 g (flat), and they mention that all max weights in the warehouse are currently flats, so they're pretty officially not rare anymore.

Anyone gotten flat C-MD2's from an online US retailer?
I currently have a domey pink one 177+ and really dig the HSS and the fade on it. Just wished it would fade later in the flight, which if I've read correctly is what the flat ones will do.
LYang
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:05 am

I didn't see such an option at Discmania now. I've never seen a flat C MD2. I would have bought one based on how jubuttib describes them.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Joz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:54 am

They exist and they are flippin' awesome.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:55 am

JR wrote:I didn't see such an option at Discmania now. I've never seen a flat C MD2. I would have bought one based on how jubuttib describes them.
Hmm, darn.

FWIW they're not dead flat, they can have a slight dome (EDIT: The yellow gummy opaque good one in my bag for instance has a noticeable dome compared to my older pink ones). The gummy opaque thing is also one thing that's always been common for the best ones. The clear stiff ones I've thrown slow down fast and fade harder/earlier, and the gummy clear ones I've thrown have been quite understable, could replace my beat D-MD2's, and one was actually less stable than my most beat D-MD2, couldn't get it to fade at all (also liked to drop out of the air nearly instantly, just no glide at all in that thing).
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:09 pm

jubuttib wrote:
JR wrote:I didn't see such an option at Discmania now. I've never seen a flat C MD2. I would have bought one based on how jubuttib describes them.
Hmm, darn.

FWIW they're not dead flat, they can have a slight dome (EDIT: The yellow gummy opaque good one in my bag for instance has a noticeable dome compared to my older pink ones). The gummy opaque thing is also one thing that's always been common for the best ones. The clear stiff ones I've thrown slow down fast and fade harder/earlier, and the gummy clear ones I've thrown have been quite understable, could replace my beat D-MD2's, and one was actually less stable than my most beat D-MD2, couldn't get it to fade at all (also liked to drop out of the air nearly instantly, just no glide at all in that thing).

I see the same shape difference thing in my R-Pro + mold Roc with almost totally flat top vs regular DX Rancho. R-Pro Roc rocks. Although i've yet to throw mine in wet and cold conditions so i can't say if the grip is good enough then. In summer weather the added grip counters the + slant. Wind performance wasn't the best in a front quarter wind but all they had was 174 so the added 6 grams of a max weight may cure that issue.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby blammo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Can someone post a picture of one of these new gummy yellows? Like a side profile shot? I stumbled upon the MD2 a year ago when I was looking for a mid that could handle wind better than my Mako, and I just happened to like pink opaque discs. So I grabbed two of them, not realizing they were going to vanish. One is my go to mid, the other is 10/10 and hidden under my bed :) Here's a pic of my flat, gummy opaque MD2, along with my newer FD. I'd really like to grab another backup or two since I can't see ever wanting to throw another mid!

blammo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Shark

Postby jubuttib » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:56 am

The gummy yellows I have are basically identical to the gummy pink ones, just yellow and with a very slightly higher dome.

That's a beauty by the way. Luckily I got three of those before the team players snatched up all of them. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby AcesAZ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:30 pm

I know where to find some gummy MD2's, but its my little secret. :P
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby JR » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 pm

You "!%¤"&%#/(&%¤% you!
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby LYang » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:15 am

Anyone know how flat and pearly (and transparent) MD2’s fly?

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/in ... ductId=787
LYang
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Booter » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:09 am

the flat ish slime green ones were the shit when i was trying them out. kinda wish i kept them. they were like that pink above and as hss as a heavy glo buzzz.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

MD2

Postby Fightingthetide » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 pm

That looks like the same run of champ that the McBeth Rocs (and other recent champ runs...Beast for ex.) which isn't nearly the same as the gummy opaque C's that were fabled...but I bet these are going to be sweet nonetheless.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby zj1002 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:58 pm

flat c-md2s sound fun. and that plastic looks sweet.

definitely know where I am digging when Innova lands on the Disc Nation receiving bay
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Booter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:35 pm

i have some p and d md2's that have a moderate dome to them. anybody have any success with flattening them using the hot water trick? did they stay flat?
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment