MD2

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MD2

Postby Loop » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:44 am

jubuttib wrote:I'm worried about the next run of P-MD2, it's going to be in a regular Pro-type blend instead of the R-Pro-type like the first ones. Could be good, could be bad, won't be like the orange ones.

snif, R.I.P orange perfections. :cry:

Parked a laser straight shot from 85m yesterday at Vihioja, with the orange PMD2. It dropped just in front of the basket, no fade whatsoever. Had a very strong backwind, and was throwing standing still due to slippery tee. Man oh man, I cant love this disc enough! <3 :D
P1|P2|rhy|MD2|roc3|FD|FB|TD|PD|PD2
Loop
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR D-P2

Postby GarrettDN » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm

discspeed wrote:
I'm thinking the team likes the pink ones because they are the least overstable. FWIW, I deflashed all the ones I tested and they were still flying 9/10 as overstable as my Vectors...Being a little faster they would go with the direction of my anhyzer release a little more before coming back, making them a little more workably overstable than my Vectors. They were definitely overstable though.

I still see a lot of potential in this mold. However...Currently we don't have PMD2s, the S's don't glide that well, and the Champs are too overstable. I will come back to this mold in the future where hopefully some run variation will take care of the above issues with either the S or C.

Interesting. The S-line I have (orange, 180) glides like a kite (the aerodynamic toy, not the disc). So much so that it ranges against my fairway drivers. I hope this one isn't an anomaly.
GarrettDN
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:52 pm

GarrettDN wrote:Interesting. The S-line I have (orange, 180) glides like a kite (the aerodynamic toy, not the disc). So much so that it ranges against my fairway drivers. I hope this one isn't an anomaly.
For what it's worth, mine is glidey too.

On another note, I'm receiving a third pink C-MD2 soon.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:06 am

Maybe I'll have to try another SMD2...
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby slowarm » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:28 am

My white SMD2 177g absolutely rocks. Almost as long as my TL, nice glide and holds almost any angel (even in some headwind). I thought I'd use Fuse for the next decade, now I'm having a big problem. There can only be one...:)
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Postby Sean40474 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 am

You guys are killing me! Stuff like this makes me want to buy more discs. I was trying to lock on to the Buzzz, but the way you guys are talking about this disc...makes me want to buy more plastic.

Discspeed, what is your take on the comparison of the Buzzz and MD2? Too much overlap to consider having both?
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby jubuttib » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:29 am

The C-MD2 at least fights for the same spot. And like Climo said, "Discraft players have had this disc for years".
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Sean40474 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:26 pm

jubuttib wrote:The C-MD2 at least fights for the same spot. And like Climo said, "Discraft players have had this disc for years".

Maybe I'll just fight off my plastic addiction and not buy one and just stay with the Buzzz then. If the difference is truly negligible, then it would just be a waste of money....or trade bait for later :think:

Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Postby discspeed » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:57 pm

jubuttib wrote:The C-MD2 at least fights for the same spot. And like Climo said, "Discraft players have had this disc for years".

Climo's got a CFR, which flies nothing like the production runs I've thrown head to head with his.
The production CMD2s are all more HSS and LSS than a Buzzz...The dayglow and pastel green are way more overstable than a Buzzz, and the Merlot and Orange have similar parting lines, so I'm guessing they are too.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby jubuttib » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:49 pm

discspeed wrote:Climo's got a CFR, which flies nothing like the production runs I've thrown head to head with his.
The production CMD2s are all more HSS and LSS than a Buzzz...The dayglow and pastel green are way more overstable than a Buzzz, and the Merlot and Orange have similar parting lines, so I'm guessing they are too.
Oh yeah, forgot that part. You'll excuse me because I've only thrown the CFR runs and the gummy pink ones (just got a third one, *GLEEE*), and they've all been nice and straight.

I know I go on and on about the orange P-MD2s, but these pink wonders might actually be even better... At least they'll hold up for longer.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby turso » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Aye, I can confirm, that the pink ones, when deflashed, are quite similar to a good, fresh Z-buzzz. Very straight with little fade at the end.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby turso » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Well, support jubuttib might be better than saying "confirm"...been trying his discs =P
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby Sean40474 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:03 pm

I think I'm going to trust my gut on this one and just stick with the Buzzz. If one of my friends ever get one, I'll throw it then and then rave on here about it.

Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Postby jubuttib » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Sean40474 wrote:I think I'm going to trust my gut on this one and just stick with the Buzzz. If one of my friends ever get one, I'll throw it then and then rave on here about it.
Honestly between the good MD2s and good Buzzzes the main worry is whether you like the Buzzz or the Coyote/Mako/MD2 feel better. Personally I prefer the grip of the MD2.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby throwharder » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Got a c md2. It flies like a new mc roc with a little more stability and speed I like it
throwharder
Noob

Favorite Disc: Echo Star Teebird

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment