Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby jubuttib » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:25 am

disc junkie wrote:Funny I get called crazy but since discspeed agrees I all the sudden just might know what im talking about, lol.
I just said that you have weird P-PD2s, and you do have weird, floppy P-PD2s. The additional sightings just validated my point. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby Whiz » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:22 pm

My stock P-PD2s have very flexy poppy tops. They are the skull stamp from the Innova East Coast warehouse. They are less stable than I expected and seem to fade more forward than a new boss. They do have some nice glide and are loooong. I believe the guy I know over at Innova said it might be around March that the stock C-line PD2s are released. I am definitely looking forward to throwing the Champs.
E* DD2, Wraith, Glow Firebird, S-P-C PD, TD, Leopard, Roc, KC Aviar
Whiz
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:30 am
Location: Charlotte
Favorite Disc: S Wiz/S PD

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby Timko » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Wow, I'm really surprised they're releasing them that soon. It's pretty cool though.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby dgdave » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Very cool. I want 10 more
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12100
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby jubuttib » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Joz wrote:Ok, so I just received a phone call from Sam Covington down at the Innova East warehouse/DGU, and he told me that the C-PD is not to be released until March 7th - so I can't get my discs until that day. Apparently there was an oversight by the DGU people. HE DID tell me that Discmania was planning to make the initial C-Line release include the P1, MD1, PD, and TD --- and will possibly include the DD2 and PD2. 1 month until my wife cusses me out...again.
So yeah, probably around March 7th...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby Timko » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:48 am

From Mark:

The C-PD2 will be a stock release in the next few weeks. Not sure an SPD2 is in the works any time soon but it could happen.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:20 am

A few people mentioned somewhere (likely earlier in this thread) that the pd2's have inconsistent skipping tendencies. I believe they were talking about p-pd2's, has anyone else noticed this?

I wouldn't care so much if the p-pd2 didn't have a consistent skip as I probably wouldn't be using it too much for accuracy but I NEED a consistent skip from the c-pd2 if it's going to fill the roll I want it to.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Charm City
Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:48 am

uNicedmeMan wrote:A few people mentioned somewhere (likely earlier in this thread) that the pd2's have inconsistent skipping tendencies. I believe they were talking about p-pd2's, has anyone else noticed this?

I wouldn't care so much if the p-pd2 didn't have a consistent skip as I probably wouldn't be using it too much for accuracy but I NEED a consistent skip from the c-pd2 if it's going to fill the roll I want it to.



Discs all skip consistently given stable conditions. Conditions on the course are never stable and a lot of freak things can happen, but I'm pretty sure it's not the disc. The PD2 has an XCAL bottom, and since the top of the disc doesn't touch the ground, I'd say it skips like an XCAL.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby zj1002 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:55 am

I don't think it's the exact xcal bottom, but similar. And no it does not skip like an xcal. On similar lines I've watched mine skip in all directions. That was a large reason why I dropped it. Texas courses are not conducive to 50ft unintentional skips
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon
 
Posts: 3432
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Favorite Disc: QMS

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:02 am

zj - was that happening with both p and c models?

EDIT: discspeed - this wacky skips zj speaks of haven't happened to you?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Charm City
Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby dgdave » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 am

I haven't got anything like ZJ is talking about. Im getting pretty consistant skips. What you would expect from a fast, overstable driver. Nothing like a spirit.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12100
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby disc junkie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:30 am

Ive thrown the PPD2 prolly over 100 times now and I have not yet seen a wacky skip. If anything Ive been surprised and how much mine has not skipped at times.
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J
User avatar
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:35 am
Location: aUsTiN, tEjAs

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:33 am

uNicedmeMan wrote:zj - was that happening with both p and c models?

EDIT: discspeed - this wacky skips zj speaks of haven't happened to you?


Nope. It skips exactly how I would expect it to.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:42 pm

I haven't got to play with it a lot, but I noticed my C PD2 skipped more up in the air than most other discs do and it had a less right to left skip in it when thrown rhbh.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:50 pm
Location: Land of the Cheese
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 pm

rusch_bag wrote:I haven't got to play with it a lot, but I noticed my C PD2 skipped more up in the air than most other discs do and it had a less right to left skip in it when thrown rhbh.


I agree with this...More of a Predator skip than a FB with a high-hop-then-stop. I still maintain that it's going to skip just like an Xcal, so if you've thrown one of those, you know how it's going to skip..
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests