Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Postby discspeed » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 am

For some reason the PD2 is becoming pretty popular in my area...Not that it isn't good enough to become popular, but people here are slow to throw anything that does not say INNOVA on the front of the disc. I know Kenny has been pumping Discmania a little by throwing MD2s and TDs, so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, I'm seeing a lot of PD2s in the better player's bags. It has pointed to some marketing problems though because most people don't know the difference between a PD1 and PD2. I'll throw a PD shot and someone will say "that's what _____ has been throwing", when actually ______ has been throwing a PD2. And nobody knows what a Freak or a Chaos is...
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:14 am

Booter wrote:Any word on s line pd2s yet?
Last word was that they don't feel it's really that necessary between the C and P. They've also refused to talk about some other projects, saying that they want to focus on keeping the C-Line in the limelight. So probably not for a while yet.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:20 am

jubuttib wrote:
Booter wrote:Any word on s line pd2s yet?
Last word was that they don't feel it's really that necessary between the C and P. They've also refused to talk about some other projects, saying that they want to focus on keeping the C-Line in the limelight. So probably not for a while yet.

They just want to time the release better for sales. In my crystal ball I see a CFR SPD2 sometime before 2011 is done and regular production in the spring of '12.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby TLapham » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:53 am

Is the CPD2 overstable enough to replace the Predator slot? I haven't been able to find the really overstable Preds lately and I'm onto my last one and curious if this is a possible replacement.
-Trade List
-My Bag (Always looking for backups):

Pred | Force | DD2 | Teebird | Buzzz | Wizard
TLapham
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE Teebird

Postby SirRaph » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:09 am

TLapham wrote:Is the CPD2 overstable enough to replace the Predator slot? I haven't been able to find the really overstable Preds lately and I'm onto my last one and curious if this is a possible replacement.

As a Predator enthusiast, it wounds me deeply that someone would consider switching. :D

The CPD2 that I threw (only a couple times, mind you) didn't strike me as truely overstable. More like an XCal, in that it's speed-stable. I've personally never liked fast discs for my true overstable duties, but there are a lot of players better than myself who might disagree.

Just a tip, if you're looking for a good overstable Pred, look for flat pink ones, max weight. If you're not near a store that will allow you to search for one in person, you can just order a pink one, as even the domier ones are very overstable.
R4PR2S3NT
SirRaph
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Destroyer

Postby TLapham » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:22 am

It pained me to type that, haha. I love Predators, but I'm used to the old school red ones that are money. I was disappointed in the last batch I ordered, but will def. give the pink ones a try. Thanks for the tip.
-Trade List
-My Bag (Always looking for backups):

Pred | Force | DD2 | Teebird | Buzzz | Wizard
TLapham
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE Teebird

Postby Pwingles » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm

how do these compare to a Z force? I imagine they overlap too much to justify carrying both, but is the PD2 good enough to replace all the things the Force can do?
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby JR » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:35 pm

The one i have is not nearly HSS enough to fight headwinds like the Force does.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Booter » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:10 am

http://www.discmania.net/2012/01/01/c-p ... ing-s-pd2/

say bye to cpd2s,theyre now oop. cpd2 were nice but spd2 will be tits!
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Joz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:15 am

BOOM!

Better horde up on C-PD2s if you like them...they're probably already selling for $40 on DGCR.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jubuttib » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 am

I'm torn. On one hand I do actually carry C-PD2's, but on the other hand I already have two and I threw them maybe 4 times during a real round last season... Nah, I won't be hoarding any, S-PD2's will be plenty overstable if I need more in the future.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 am

I'm pretty stoked for these S-PD2. Now we just need some Sirius Quasars to compare and contrast.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby jubuttib » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:29 am

Frank Delicious wrote:I'm pretty stoked for these S-PD2. Now we just need some Sirius Quasars to compare and contrast.
If the traits I've seen in Champ carry over, the Squasars will be faster and very noticeably less overstable.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Booter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:56 pm

always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Joz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:23 pm

SWEET! Thanks for the heads up! Couple coming my way. Sweet stamps. Got a C-FD too.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment