Grip vs Mahal

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Grip vs Mahal

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:27 pm

impressive lineup! that is also what i said when i got my sim.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby juju » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Does the Mahal have an internal frame built in? The thing is massive, but I like how you can compress the two side pockets and make it more compact. I'm with Booter, kinda want one now.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:42 pm

It looks massive but the footprint isn't really THAT much bigger than a carolina.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Postby steezo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:15 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:
steezo wrote:I sold my GRIP bag for $250 for the sole purpose of ordering a Mahal. They should be shipping late April. I will say this though. Getting information from Patrick at Mystery Ranch is redicky hard. He replied to my email about the Mahal with information about the Outsiders. Then said he would get back to me about the Mahal. Days later I had to follow up with my request, which was: Can you send me a picture of the Toxic Green Mahal (they said they would post on the website last year but never did) What colors were being produced this year, is any color sold out? What is the expected ship date? What if any changes are different this year from last years? Has a pencil holder been added to the bag? After I had to follow up, Patrick simply wrote back which colors were available and that they were not sold out. I sent a reply asking if he was capable of answering my other questions. We will see how long it takes. I called last week before sending my email and asked how much the bags were and Brian a Sales guy said all the bags were $290. I asked if he could verify that and he put me on hold and said only the Camo will be $290. I have no problems spending a great deal of money on a disc golf bag but get your chit together guys. I should not have to WORK to get your information from you. :roll:

This also concerns me with the lifetime warranty. I mean lifetime warranties are cool but if you cannot get in contact with the manufacturer, what good is it?

That said, I'm still working to raise funds for the purchase of one.

I still haven't received a reply from Patrick and I do not think I will. The good thing about the Mahal is the build quality should be perfect. As I am getting older I am more appreciative of items being made in USA as well.

Booter wants one because he is a tiny little disc slut and wants to finger everything disc golf...... :lol:
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby steezo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:18 pm

I too will be rocking a Mahal and Squirell Monkey going foward. Perfect combo.
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Booter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

lol shut yo face sleezo.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Gonnagal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:25 pm

I spoke with Mystery Ranch a couple weeks ago, and they're not sure if the camo color is going to go into production when it starts this spring.They might only offer black and green. I was told they are working through the ski back orders then the will start on the Mahal. As far as the scorecard/pencil holder that is a no go, the bag will be exactly the same as the first run. I personally can not wait to get mine. I was hoping to have it before the Am Championships in Bowling Green, KY this year. Oh well.
Gonnagal
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Perhaps if we who have pre-ordered bitch enough to them in email they will add the scorecard/pencil holder to the next run.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Jeronimo wrote:Perhaps if we who have pre-ordered bitch enough to them in email they will add the scorecard/pencil holder to the next run.

I'm willing to give it a try when I order. While I do think it's a shame that they won't make that enhancement despite lots of request, it's not a deal breaker for me. I feel like it will be pretty easy to modify the bag to accommodate a score card somewhere.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Yeah maybe, but if there's anything I've learned in my adult life it's that when you (the customer) put your money where your mouth is (i.e. pre-order a bag) the supplier will tend to listen.

Let me know when you are going to ask them about it and I'll email them at the same time with the same question.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby steezo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:18 pm

I will ask as well. I am well aware of my BUYING POWER ! I want more color options as well! I want an international orange!!! When I was watching the Mahal review on youtube (the am national red/blue one) and blurb popped up that the new Mahals were coming with pencil holders... ??? Guess not.
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Gonnagal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:39 pm

I am on the pre order and I did mention the fact that I think a pencil/scorecard holder would be a nice touch. Like other have said, I'll just put my clipboard somewhere. Overall it's nowhere near a deal breaker for me.
Gonnagal
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Booter » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:31 pm

sold my grip bag. time for the mahal :D
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Booter wrote:sold my grip bag. time to wait forever for the mahal :D

fixed
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC