Yeti Pro Aviars

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Yeti Pro Aviars

Postby mshelton » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:15 pm

xare wrote:So how long before we start seeing the 4x Yeti Pro's and until booter starts paying $40 for every 3x Yeti out there?

Inquiring minds wish to know! :P

However long it takes Innova to change the mold 3 times.
mshelton
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The one I just lost.

Postby Booter » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Just an update on a post above. My yeti that ive had in my bag since the switch back ,has been money still. The plastic is still grippy,still stable with some knicks and a slight taco. Ive been driving with this putter alot since ive fixed my driving grip. Its super straight and ha sc been money on hyzer putts.

xare wrote:So how long before we start seeing the 4x Yeti Pro's and until booter starts paying $40 for every 3x Yeti out there?

Inquiring minds wish to know! :P

I dunnno lol ive got a stack of like 15 so im good for a while :)
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby beatroc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:50 pm

So Yeti is 4x now? Shit, better stock up.
Rattler - Ion
Roc
Cyclone
TD - PD - Firechicken

http://frolfware.com
beatroc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby xare » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:18 pm

mshelton wrote:However long it takes Innova to change the mold 3 times.

?

The Yetis right now are 3x's. Yeti just won his 4th world putting title, so I suspect Innova will be cranking out the 4x's sometime soon.
Ridge § Omega SS § Classic Cobra § Roc § Sentinel § Leopard § Teebird § Sidewinder § PD § Firebird
xare
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Classic Cobra

Postby Booter » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Time to start hoarding!!
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Holy Necrobump....

Anybody putting with these? I found a pair in my putter box before I went out to practice tonight and was liking them for circle putts. I had in my mind that they were too soft when they first came out, but I didn't have a problem with them tonight- they felt like a beat in/clovered KC which has always been my favorite style of putter (flat/concave).

Mine are 3X, any insurmountable differences in the most current runs of 4X?

Anybody have any they want to unload?
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby dgdave » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Hated them for putts. Had too many bounce outs and don't like concave tops.

I liked them a lot for drives
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby BLURR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 am

dgdave wrote:I liked them a lot for drives

^^^
x2

Once seasoned a little, they drive so straight it's ridiculous.

One of our local dealers just got a few in again and they are quite a bit stiffer than previous runs. Also not as tacky. Anybody else notice that? More like a Classic Aviar plastic mix. Felt great in the hand. Wish I would have bought one to try out the other day, because they are all gone now :cry:
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 am

3X for me and i love the concave top and the tackiness for grip putting and driving in cold and wet weather. The grip is great. Mine just got beat up so bad in my rocky home course fast that it is unpredictable in drives especially with any wind. So the only thing i can depend on it to do in driving is annies or going straight or right unpredictably when i try to throw flat. Mine has been bent and i can't bend it back to factory spec any more by hand. I just might try book and weight trick for the first time. OTOH mine flipped ever so slightly on full powered throws when new and not deformed. I compared the grip to other grippy discs lately thanks to fall here. My Traks and Ascents had become slicker with use probably due to muck and drying up. They are a year old and my sole from this summer was grippier but still less so than my 3x Yeti. Banger GT just is better for me at the moment despite the slightly slicker yet tacky feel. The groove works but surface slickness might kick me back when the winter gets really going.

As a laser or laser with a hint of pitching at longer ranges putter it was ok but the profile is awkward for my small hand and injuries. I imagine the shape caters way better for pitch putts.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Booter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:44 am

the cfr runs seemed to be more chalky and stiff. i never had any bouncing problems with those as much as i did with first runs.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Pat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:58 am

I have replaced wizards with the yeti about 2 months ago. I have been using wizards for putting for the past 3 years. I like the concave top because i feel i get a better feel for the finger spring. I push putt and have not experienced any kick outs or bounce outs
Keep on Chooglin'
Pat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:00 pm

I like the concavity for the same reason plus added grip so i don't need to squeeze the disc as hard so my arm moves more explosively which is key in accuracy.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby chunk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 am

has anyone noticed any difference between the 3x and 4x yeti's? i have a 4x that feels more grippy that my 3x but i'm wondering if it has more to do with the run and/or color. my 4x is red and my 3x is yellow.

also is there any way to tell the difference between the two? i have two cfr yeti's that i got last february and i'm wonder if they are 3x's or 4x's (i suspect 3x).
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby ferretdance03 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Most of my 4X are firmer but just as (if not more) grippy as the 3X. The 3X's I have are all softer. I have white, red, yellow, orange 3X and blue, red, white, purple and pink 4X.

To me- the 3X almost feel like straight R-Pro plastic while the 4X feel like the blended KC/R-Pro.

Come to the Freeze and I'll let you findle my discs.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby chunk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:19 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:Most of my 4X are firmer but just as (if not more) grippy as the 3X. The 3X's I have are all softer. I have white, red, yellow, orange 3X and blue, red, white, purple and pink 4X.

To me- the 3X almost feel like straight R-Pro plastic while the 4X feel like the blended KC/R-Pro.

Come to the Freeze and I'll let you findle my discs.

yea man. i'll bring my yeti stash and we can compare notes. i'm trying to rally the crew.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment