Yeti Pro Aviars

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Yeti Pro Aviars

Postby steven » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 pm

how do these fly compare to the soft-x focus or the tacky d focus?
thanks
YETI - GATOR - ROC - PD - BOSS
steven
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: dx roc

Postby lilwig » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Got my #51 ace with the Yeti today!
lilwig
Bang Bang

Favorite Disc: CE-Aviar-11xRoc

Postby zj1002 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:39 pm

nice dude!

I spent a lot of time this evening with my 3 yetis during practice. Used them all for my warm up drives. It is a great straight driver, no other way to put that. I cleaned them up last night and wiped the stamps off. After the driving session, having gotten them covered in texas dirt/dust, I got to work with putting for the next hour. The grip of this putter was definitely designed for the central texas soil. The dirt only made it better and I haven't had to clean my hands before every throw/putt like I did even with some grippy 11x's. This is my favorite BB aviar, ever. I am sold. buying more next weekend before a new run comes out and the blend goes to shit hah
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Sean40474 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:59 pm

I just ordered a stack of 5 and they should be here by friday or saturday. I can't wait to throw them....*salivating*
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby Booter » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 pm

zj,did u have any problems with them chunking up on stray basket hits?>
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby zj1002 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:15 pm

my aren't chunking but they have taken normal "r-pro" dings. maybe it is color based if yours are chunking. I know with 12x KC Aviars, the pure white ones always lost chunks on baskets, but the off-white ones tended to just ding up. I have actually noticed a fair amount of bounce outs with this disc when I hit the center pole dead on. My plan is to keep these 3 as my main putters and rotate them because right now they all literally feel the exact same. I am going to pick up a few oranges for driving. I want to find some of the "rare" swirl Yeti's.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:17 pm

i'll take yours if you don't like them. same for everyone else
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Booter » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 pm

lol no i like em im just sayin i had a couple dings off the basket. very thin chunks. but not horrendous
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby zj1002 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Booter wrote:lol no i like em im just sayin i had a couple dings off the basket. very thin chunks. but not horrendous

yeah I don't expect it to be durable plastic. however I don't expect the bead to wear down like it does in KC plastic. I have some 12x kc's that have partially shaved beads just from nasty basket hits after a few rounds. As long as I don't drive with much with these 3, they should be ok. The ones I buy for driving are going to get trashed asap
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby jnecessary » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:44 am

Took a couple Yeti's with me for a round last night. Man I like driving with these, they fly a nice straight 300' for me with a solid throw. With a slight right to left wind, throwing backhand a 300' hyzer release flips up a touch, but maintains a hyzer while a flat release is nuts straight for about 180' and then tracked to the right at the finish about 10-12'. The tracking could have been from the wind being a bit more pronounced at the end of the fairway but I got the exact same finish with a new S Wizard a couple days before. The grip is fantastic and I think the sunken flight plate might add more contact area under my thumb on gripping putts, sure adds a bit of confidence when I compare to my flat Wizards.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby zj1002 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Ok, so the honey moon is over. Noticing one consistent problem with the disc, and this may just be a result of the baskets at my home course and some new form tweaks. I am getting a lot of bounce outs, in one case it bounced right out of the tray. It grips almost too well, so that when it hits the chains and pushes them forward it stays on the chains and gets flung back out. I had this happen 5 times today on birdie putts. but again this may just be a result of me tweaking a few things in my stance that is causing me to hit straight on the pole rather than a hyzer cut.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby dgdave » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:51 pm

In the 10 holes I putted with them, I had that happen 3 times.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby zj1002 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:57 pm

from what I have seen if hit these center-left, they get pushed out. I basically have to hit right-center, which is where I aim anyways and they almost always spin into the middle. At the clinic on sunday I think I remember Yeti saying with his style he has to get the right side so that it spins in. he also brought up how he used to be a wizard guy until he joined Innova and how he preferred the grippy 11x's over the 10x's.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby victorb » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:40 pm

I almost always aim for the right side of the pole, so haven't seen much in terms of bounce outs. Most of my putts that I make are dead center or just a touch to the right. Had one spin off when I hit left of the pole, but that's not really out of the ordinary for any putter I've used.

I, for one, welcome our new yeti overlords
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:43 pm

zj1002 wrote:from what I have seen if hit these center-left, they get pushed out. I basically have to hit right-center, which is where I aim anyways and they almost always spin into the middle. At the clinic on sunday I think I remember Yeti saying with his style he has to get the right side so that it spins in. he also brought up how he used to be a wizard guy until he joined Innova and how he preferred the grippy 11x's over the 10x's.

this is basically the universally shitty thing about soft putters, i remember once upon a time Blake made a drawing of the likely make/miss spots of soft vs stiffer putters overlaid onto some pics of baskets and it was pretty clear that you can hit the chains in a greater variety of spots and most likely have your putt drop more often with stiffer plastics.......extra credit for anyone who finds the pic
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment