Yeti Pro Aviars

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Yeti Pro Aviars

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:55 pm

I tried and failed. I know what you are talking about though.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:00 pm

yeah i know its buried at least a year deep or else id have just got it myself
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Blake_T wrote:figured i'd post this on its own topic.

Mark Ellis wrote:Ok, I have an unrelated questions (unrelated to the topic although related to my joke) for Blake T, seeing as he is a scientific sort of guy. Does any kind of plastic (or hardness of plastic) actually stick to the chains better? And does a soft or hard putter have a greater chance of bouncing off the post and out of the basket?

well, my philosophy on it is this:
i don't want a putter that will "grip" chain. i don't want a putter that behaves viscous against chain.

if you rate softness on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being a blowfly and 1 being one of those as hard as porcelain firm wizards, i would favor putters in the 4-6 range.

if you rate grippiness on a scale of 1 to 10, with a 10 being a blowfly and 1 being one of the old vinylish elite z putt'rs, i would favor putters in the 4-6 range.

putters that are soft/grippy will pick up an extra 2" or so on the high right side but at the same time, anything above 6" above the basket that hits even 1/4" left of the center of the pole will have a tendency to grip and spin out.

putters that are too stiff/slick will have a great tendency to cut through and/or riccochet/redirect on chain contact.

ideally, the putters that will have the greatest makeable surface area on a basket are ones that are of a softness and grippiness that will slow down upon chain contact but will simply "spin in place" against the chains while the friction against the chains will slow down the spin without having the spin cause the putter to move laterally against the chains. with these types of putters, fairly extreme left/right putts within 6" of the top of the basket will kick downards and tend to stay in. putts that miss slightly left will tend to drop down rather than spin out. you lose a bit on the high right but pick up enough around the pole to more than cancel that out.

in terms of bouncing off the pole, a super stiff putter has a higher chance of bouncing off pole than a less stiff putter. but a super soft putter has a higher chance of spinning off the pole when it hits. i recommend a happy medium.

i made a picture contrasting a medium stiffness medium grip putter on the left vs. a really soft high grip putter on the right. the color represents an approximation of the makeable surface area.

basically, you can think of it being like a kc aviar vs. jk aviar, hard magnet vs. soft magnet, hard soft wizard vs. soft sss wizard, etc.

Here is the thread if anyone wanted to know...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17218
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby keltik » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:25 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17218

i have no life :(

EDIT: DAMN YOU RUSCH_BAG!!!
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 pm

keltik wrote:http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17218

i have no life :(

EDIT: DAMN YOU RUSCH_BAG!!!

LOL. sorry. I guess I have less of a life. :(
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 pm

But you both made our lives easier.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby zj1002 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:21 pm

these yetis just helped me put up a 1000 rated round at Steeplechase today. I really like this disc on jump(feldy style) putts. It just goes straight. I did not have any bounce outs, because as I suspected it was poor form on my part. I got my putting swagger back, and it is all from the yeti
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby disc junkie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:40 pm

zj1002 wrote:these yetis just helped me put up a 1000 rated round at Steeplechase today. I really like this disc on jump(feldy style) putts. It just goes straight. I did not have any bounce outs, because as I suspected it was poor form on my part. I got my putting swagger back, and it is all from the yeti

Bipolar Disc Golfer :twisted:
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby Booter » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:46 pm

we finally know whats a zj, a zj is a bipolar lol
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby The Grump » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:27 pm

zj1002 wrote:these yetis just helped me put up a 1000 rated round at Steeplechase today.

Maybe off subject but what is a 1000 rated round out there? I was out there today playing as a single (bright green temple shirt) and may have played through your group.
The Grump
Noob

Postby zj1002 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:34 pm

you did in fact. we let you pass on hole 2. I was the dude in the green nike shirt with the beard. the par is 61 and usually 55-56 will be a 990-1000 rated round in pdga tournaments. If I recall you had a nice drive right down the middle on 3. do you live in the kyle area? my group is the Texas State University Club and we play kyle every wednesday at 4
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Booter » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:38 pm

lol beard just sounds old.and your not even older than me
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby The Grump » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Sorry to hijack thread at this late hour but i've been waiting to meet up with some area dgolfers.

Oh, ok. I remember your group. I watched you throw that big anny off of three. That's pretty good score out there. I'm usually 59-61. This is great cause I actually live in San Marcos now. If you have run down of the club and mini's of your group I would love to join up and meet to throw whenever.
The Grump
Noob

Postby zj1002 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:40 pm

sending ya a pm on that now

and that anny was totally supposed to flex and carry in the wind. but yeah im normally shooting the same as you, just was a good day
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Ryan C » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:39 am

I don't really agree with Blake's diagram there. I think his points were right, but the difference in makeable surface area between medium and soft putters is really exaggerated. Maybe if you putt in a way that gets as much spin as your full-snap drives, you might get tons of spitouts when hitting just an inch left of center, but in real world testing, that diagram is obviously wrong.

Incidentally, I used to have a thing against putters with a concave top, but I've recently started putting with a couple of slightly sunken putters, and I've grown to like it. I'll probably give these a try at some point.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment