MVP Vector Midrange

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MVP Vector Midrange

Postby Apothecary » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:56 am

in other words..."bump".
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby Rogue9 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:49 am

^ in other words: trolling
Rogue9
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Axis

Postby Rogue9 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:51 am

@Discspeed
Have you thrown a Kenny 4x glow roc? That is what I use for wind and somewhat overstable mid. For reference how does the vector compare?
Rogue9
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Axis

Postby discspeed » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:59 am

Rogue9 wrote:@Discspeed
Have you thrown a Kenny 4x glow roc? That is what I use for wind and somewhat overstable mid. For reference how does the vector compare?

I have a 4x Kenny glow Roc...The Vector is similar, with a bit more speed and initial LSS. It's also a little less OAT tolerant.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Mike C » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Been using my Vector a lot the past few rounds. It's been real windy and it's been performing like a champ. Hit metal off the tee with it yesterday and on two different holes with Ions :D
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby JR » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:05 pm

That reminds me of needing to test also the regular domier Vector of mine with the pinkyless stack fork grip. The flat broken in one is flipping a couple of degrees in a headwind and fading certainly. About Z Buzzz amount in feet, but starting earlier on low lines and higher up it's fading at least a third more than a Z Buzzz.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:55 am

Windy day normally domey Vector test with the pinkyless stack fork grip worked fine. No real trouble from the wind or the grip. I also did full run up full power two fingered grips consciously gripping hard in the end to great success. More D that way than with the forkish grip. I had two occasions, when the wind direction changed in mid flight and pushed the bottom of the disc and the disc did not drop as fast as normal and moved a lot to the left in the fade. 60-70' i think. Throwing high this Vector fades a lot and despite fading to a fairly steep hyzer angle it does not drop fast, but the direction of the fade is so much to the left, that on high throws the disc won't move much at all forward, only left.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby discspeed » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:46 pm

With a tournament coming up this weekend and several months of throwing the Axis under my belt, my Vectors are still my go-to mids most of the time. My most used Vector is about the same stability as a new Axis, but it turns much slower and is less affected by headwind. It doesn't fly quite as far or as low as my Axis, but it's more predictable for me. I'm using my Axis when I need more turn, more distance, or a lower line. The Vector really does season like a Roc in terms of losing LSS and keeping good HSS. Mine pushes into a touch of high speed turn after about 280, but it turns so slow it rarely changes the line unless thrown flat. Inside 280' it just holds it's angle and glides like a faster Ion.

I'm really looking forward to getting a lighter Axis so that it has a more defined role and overlaps less with my Vector.
discspeed

Postby Mike C » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:17 pm

So....glow Vectors. :)
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Triflusal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:07 pm

discspeed wrote:With a tournament coming up this weekend and several months of throwing the Axis under my belt, my Vectors are still my go-to mids most of the time. My most used Vector is about the same stability as a new Axis, but it turns much slower and is less affected by headwind. It doesn't fly quite as far or as low as my Axis, but it's more predictable for me. I'm using my Axis when I need more turn, more distance, or a lower line. The Vector really does season like a Roc in terms of losing LSS and keeping good HSS. Mine pushes into a touch of high speed turn after about 280, but it turns so slow it rarely changes the line unless thrown flat. Inside 280' it just holds it's angle and glides like a faster Ion.

I'm really looking forward to getting a lighter Axis so that it has a more defined role and overlaps less with my Vector.

how far do you push your mids? because I wouldn't want my workhorse mid to turn at 280', but I like to throw them out to around 330'-350' (rocs)
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Postby Mike C » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:46 pm

I've put Vectors out to 380' with a flat release with 0 turn. Even in a headwind they'll go straight, and thrown with hyzer and some height they can move really far left. They're very reliable without being too overstable, they're a little more OS than a fresh kc roc. Favorite mid.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jeronimo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Mike C wrote:I've put Vectors out to 380' with a flat release with 0 turn. Even in a headwind they'll go straight, and thrown with hyzer and some height they can move really far left. They're very reliable without being too overstable, they're a little more OS than a fresh kc roc. Favorite mid.

New Mold Vectors*

Fixed that for ya.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby discspeed » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:14 pm

Triflusal wrote:
discspeed wrote:With a tournament coming up this weekend and several months of throwing the Axis under my belt, my Vectors are still my go-to mids most of the time. My most used Vector is about the same stability as a new Axis, but it turns much slower and is less affected by headwind. It doesn't fly quite as far or as low as my Axis, but it's more predictable for me. I'm using my Axis when I need more turn, more distance, or a lower line. The Vector really does season like a Roc in terms of losing LSS and keeping good HSS. Mine pushes into a touch of high speed turn after about 280, but it turns so slow it rarely changes the line unless thrown flat. Inside 280' it just holds it's angle and glides like a faster Ion.

how far do you push your mids? because I wouldn't want my workhorse mid to turn at 280', but I like to throw them out to around 330'-350' (rocs)

I'll push my mids that far for straight line D occasionally, but most of the shots I use my mids on regularly are between 280'-320'. For a power shot I'd definitely use a mildly seasoned Vector.
discspeed

Postby kern9787 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:44 pm

Triflusal wrote:

If I recall, that is the vector that has had some "extra" seasoning. Not sure how long it would take to get to that point under regular circumstances.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Mike C » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:47 pm

My most used Vector has hit a lot of trees, and been driven into a concrete wall twice (Accidental) and otherwise just tossed around a bunch for a few months. If I throw it with 10 degrees of hyzer in a 20mph headwind with 375' of power, it might flip all the way to flat, but it will not be flipping over and going right at all. It's worn enough I can tell a difference between it and my less used Vectors, but it's still an excellent wind fighter.

Check this out (Full screen high res makes it easier to follow the disc), that's my worn Vector. See how I throw it with a bit of hyzer, it flattens for a second, then it hooks over hard left? I love how much lateral movement Vectors can have on a throw like this. Few more shots here, couple of rollers and throws well past 325'. With their strong fade Vectors are very easy to range, they make deadly accurate approach discs FH or BH.

Jeronimo wrote:
Mike C wrote:I've put Vectors out to 380' with a flat release with 0 turn. Even in a headwind they'll go straight, and thrown with hyzer and some height they can move really far left. They're very reliable without being too overstable, they're a little more OS than a fresh kc roc. Favorite mid.

New Mold Vectors*

Fixed that for ya.

Well that's news to me that First Runs Vectors are a new mold.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment