MVP Vector Midrange

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MVP Vector Midrange

Postby discspeed » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:33 pm

I tested 2 Eclipse Vectors today. The first one is green and almost completely flat with a scale weight of 179. To my surprise it flew pretty straight with a lot of glide right out of the box. I used it during my doubles round tonight, mostly using it on powered down shots under 300'. At these distances it held it's line with minimal effort and faded much more forward than my other new Vectors. I didn't really use it on any power shots, but I have a feeling it's going to be really straight on a hard throw. The other one I tested (I had about half as many throws with this one) was a UV blue that scaled 178. It has a bit more dome than the green one, but it is still flatter than the other Vectors I own. It flies like one of my other Vectors after a little seasoning--straight with a late yet strong fade when powered, fading early when underpowered.

I'm really excited about the green one. It fills a gap in my bag between my newish Vector and beat Vector, yet glides more than either despite being flatter. I charged them up a little with my headlights and played a 3 hole loop. As long as my eyes were well adjusted to the dark it was easy to see them. I got some headlight beams in my face on the last hole and it took a minute to get my vision back and find them. Testing these some more is going to be fun as now I will be able to throw about 3/4 of the holes on my local course with my Eclipse Ions/Vectors during glow rounds.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:37 am

I know there is a better place to ask this but I don't have time to search.

I tried to flatten a super domey piggish vector last night and it worked a bit too much. I'm now dealing with a sunken top vector. How do I repair my mistakes?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:52 am

No telling if this will work, but I did that to a P MD2 and fixed it by putting it upside down in a microwave, with water in the plate like a bowl, heated it up for a minute or two, repeated that a few times. Then I set it on a bowl where the edge of the flight plate was supported, but the center wasn't, which kind of allowed the dome to reform. Then I went through the flattening process again while the plastic was super warm. Now I have a perfectly flat MD2. My only thought is that the Proton plastic is entirely different than Pro, so you may just have to go buy a flat Vector instead.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:05 am

Easiest way to fix a sunken top is to prop the disc upside down so that it's supported only by the rim (a cooking pot or something like that works nicely) and pour some boiling water into the bowl. The plastic will soften and if it the top doesn't fix by itself, you can push it with something (don't burn your fingers though). After that just rinse it with cold water and you're done.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:55 pm

I have been throwing the Vector / Axis mid combo exclusively for the past month or so and, while I don't have a strong grip on either mold yet, I find myself never reaching for the vector. Through manipulating nose / hyzer angles I feel like I can accomplish a large array of shots with the axis excluding certain S-shots thrown with anhyzer and reliable headwind shots. In my experience my vectors have been equally unreliable into a headwind as my axi.

I need to play a axis / vector only round to really see what the vector's purpose is.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby discspeed » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:43 am

uNicedmeMan wrote:Through manipulating nose / hyzer angles I feel like I can accomplish a large array of shots with the axis excluding certain S-shots thrown with anhyzer and reliable headwind shots. In my experience my vectors have been equally unreliable into a headwind as my axi.

Something is definitely not right here...I'd almost bet you are getting a cleaner/more comfortable release with the Axis because the Vector handles the wind more reliably than any other stable/slightly overstable mid I've thrown. The flatter ones have a touch of high speed turn, but it is so slow with that giant bead it is very easy to account for and the LSS is always there...Unless you get some OAT...Vector does not like OAT (neither does any other MVP discs IME). I'm rudely reminded of this when I try and throw my Vectors a little too hard FH (my FH is not that clean...I usually don't see the OAT, but it is there as the Vector will turn).
discspeed

Postby Loop » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:53 am

So, when are they gonna make them in the soft plastic?
P1|P2|rhy|MD2|roc3|FD|FB|TD|PD|PD2
Loop
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR D-P2

Postby discspeed » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:01 am

I don't think there are any plans to make anything but putters in proton soft, but an overwhelming demand for them could possibly change their minds.
discspeed

Postby Loop » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:06 am

I overwhelmingly demand you to make soft Vectors! And Axises! :D
P1|P2|rhy|MD2|roc3|FD|FB|TD|PD|PD2
Loop
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR D-P2

Postby jubuttib » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Soft Vectors and Axes for me too please!
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby UnitedPuppySlayer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:31 pm

I just wish they could figure out a way to get the soft overmold of the softs onto the medium plastic. They would be chain grabbing machines!
UnitedPuppySlayer
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:40 pm

UnitedPuppySlayer wrote:I just wish they could figure out a way to get the soft overmold of the softs onto the medium plastic. They would be chain grabbing machines!
As far as I've seen, softs and mediums from the same run have had identical overmolds. They did change to a stiffer/more slippery blend for all of the discs at some point after introducing the Vector though.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby UnitedPuppySlayer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:39 am

jubuttib wrote:
UnitedPuppySlayer wrote:I just wish they could figure out a way to get the soft overmold of the softs onto the medium plastic. They would be chain grabbing machines!
As far as I've seen, softs and mediums from the same run have had identical overmolds. They did change to a stiffer/more slippery blend for all of the discs at some point after introducing the Vector though.

I found there to be a difference between soft and mediums in the overmold. Best soft overmold, IMO, was the 3rd run. So soft and grippy. Put those on evreything!
UnitedPuppySlayer
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:22 pm

UnitedPuppySlayer wrote:
jubuttib wrote:

I found there to be a difference between soft and mediums in the overmold. Best soft overmold, IMO, was the 3rd run. So soft and grippy. Put those on evreything!
Huh. All the older softs and mediums I have from the textured runs have identical overmolds, the newer non-textured softs and mediums I have both have identical (though more slippery than the earlier ones) overmolds and the newest clear runs also are identical. Maybe I've just gotten lucky.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby UnitedPuppySlayer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:45 pm

I can tell there is a SLIGHT difference. I was saying that the smooth opaque softs had the best feeling over mold.
UnitedPuppySlayer
Noob

Previous

Return to Equipment