boatman

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: boatman

Postby JR » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:38 pm

More like SL for me yet different. The TP Boatman i have flies straight longer and then takes a more abrupt quicker tilting and dropping fade. I haven't done a head to head comparison distance wise so i cannot really say. My Boatman is not that fast and long so i might get the SL or Starfire farther. I haven't thrown those in a while.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby 7ontheline » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:59 am

JR wrote:More like SL for me yet different. The TP Boatman i have flies straight longer and then takes a more abrupt quicker tilting and dropping fade. I haven't done a head to head comparison distance wise so i cannot really say. My Boatman is not that fast and long so i might get the SL or Starfire farther. I haven't thrown those in a while.

I think you might have a flatter domed Boatman-L(just made that up). I've got a blue tournament boatman that is much less HSS and LSS than the other three tourneys I throw. BTW, it makes me smile when I read others bitching about the consistancy of molds from certain manufactures and not others. All four of my tournament boatman have a varing degree of dome yet the PLHs are about the same.

I think I'm going to pull my stable orc and give that blue Boatman-L a shot for controlled stable distance.

My VIP Boatmans (big dome)

Favorite tourney boatman (it balances on the size of a dime at the nipple) v. vip boatman:

Domey yellow tournament v. flat blue tournament

domey yellow v. flat blue

domey yellow vs. flatter blue
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby Monkeypaws » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:53 pm

If I can chuck a Wraith about 300, would I have any success with this.
Monkeypaws
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova Shark

Postby JR » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:40 am

If you want a hard hook left in the end of the flight. I'd see what a Leopard and a River does for you distance wise first.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JHern » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:16 pm

I get zero high speed turn from my VIP boatman, and a sharp fade, this is a great over-stable driver. It flies straight and long into the wind.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby money 21 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:07 pm

my boatmen gets alot of use fh not much bh. dead straight with a healthy fade.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JR » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:07 am

JHern wrote:I get zero high speed turn from my VIP boatman, and a sharp fade, this is a great over-stable driver. It flies straight and long into the wind.

If the above description sounds palatable with consistency get a VIP and if you want some flipping especially into a headwind TP could be better at least the grip is a little tackier.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Previous

Return to Equipment